Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't suggesting anything.
Just exploring my theory that she was trying to set him up.

As for the six handover sheets, I was under the impression that they were found during the second search in a black bag in the garage with the Killing Me Softly note.
Which is why Crime Scene 2 Court is speculating as to how they got there, and whether she had a lockup/security box/some other place where she had stashed them - as the premises had been thoroughly searched at the time of the first arrest.

Maybe the police didn't have a warrant to search the garage the first time.
Possibly because the garage doesn't belong to her, or she rented it out... or maybe there is some other reason it wasn't searched the first time.
Or perhaps the second arrest was triggered because someone was observed doing something that they weren't meant to.

Just thing aloud.

I must have got it wrong.
Mea culpa.
No there’s no evidence at all that she attempted a set up for Dr A whatsoever. Would have been rather futile as he isn’t even on the scene until early 2016 by which time she’d killed and poisoned already. The 6 handover sheets from the second house search/second arrest were found at the parents’ property in Hereford not her home in Chester. The bin bag contained the handwritten note only. That note didn’t contain any detail of her alluding to Dr A committing the crime at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haven't heard it called a venflon for so many years and I find that a bizarre question. As a nurse my answer is I haven't a clue, I've never tried to deliberately harm a patient.
Whenever she was asked about it Lucy Letby was very particular in emphasizing that the drip is in essence a closed system and air couldn't be introduced into the system via the bag at the top.

I shall tell my friend their idea is bizarre.

Reactions: 2
I’ve wondered if the mindset is actually ‘my job is to make sure it’s a fair trial so justice is served’ rather than thinking his job is trying to get her aquitted. I struggle with a few of the things he’s done, like some of his comments to parents during cross examination and also trying to get all of Dewi Evans’ evidence thrown out. But if he didn’t do these things then maybe she would have grounds for appeal, I don’t know.
When I did the LPC criminal law we were told the aim wasn’t to get them off no matter , unless they were innocent and the evidence showed that but if they were guilty and the evidence indicated that they were try to make sure they got a sentence that fitted the crime and was fair to the client.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No there’s no evidence at all that she attempted a set up for Dr A whatsoever.
Except for the evidence offered by the prosecution that she falsified the medical notes to make it look like the bleeding in (I think it was Baby Q's) throat was caused by him.

Reactions: 1
Remember when the house searches were taking place and they went digging in the garden and excavated parts, I wonder if/what they expected to find there?
As I listened to the prosecution in court I wondered if there would be any mention of this, but there wasn't.

Reactions: 9
Except for the evidence offered by the prosecution that she falsified the medical notes to make it look like the bleeding in (I think it was Baby Q's) throat was caused by him.
Sorry this is really so inaccurate. Perhaps read up about it all again before throwing wild theories around. We are so beyond that on this thread, especially now she’s been convicted.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
One thing I’ve always wondered about in awful heinous cases like this is their lawyer. How do you defend this? I understand everyone is entitled to defence and a fair trial but how do you sleep at night knowing the next day you’re going to court to try and get this person off? Truly boggles my mind
I've lurked in this thread but not posted.

Having worked with criminal defence lawyers, they generally have what I'd consider a fairly flexible set of morals.

I was also a juror on a high profile case (I'm now discharged from jury service for life, although I'd do it again if I was called). The defence barrister was very, very aggressive with the witnesses (victims - we found the defendant guilty, unanimously, on all counts) and would use anything at all to discredit them. They were treated like they'd been accused of a crime. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to a fair trial and he was doing his job, but it's not a job I could do.

Regarding other posts about LL's motive - we need to remember that someone with heavily narcissistic traits, other people aren't full and independent human beings in their own right. To them, everyone is just an extra in the show where they're the main character. Other people exist to meet their needs, no more and no less. They do not inhabit the same objective reality as the rest of us, and they are relentless in their pursuit of attention, be it negative or positive.

I'm sure it's been said, but my (entirely speculative) view is that she went into that line of work because it's a very outwardly "heroic" sort of job. "Look at me, caring for the most vulnerable in society, aren't I lovely and amazing?" but for anyone who's ever known a narcissist, you'll know nothing is ever enough for them - they are black holes for people's time and attention.

Her decision to commit such horrific and unthinkable crimes might well have been opportunistic - she wasn't getting enough admiration simply being the lovely nurse, so why not manufacture a crisis? When you don't see other people as human, it's a win win isn't it? Either you get to save the baby you've deliberately harmed and you're the hero, or you don't and you get to centre yourself in a tragedy. And when everyone else exists for no other reason than to meet your needs and you're totally devoid of empathy, harming others isn't really "wrong", it just is what it is, which is why she's got absolutely no remorse.

The most shocking part is how basic she is. A truly bland and uninteresting human being who would otherwise fade into the wallpaper. But perhaps that's part of the problem. She believes she's truly special and in reality she is absolutely unremarkable and totally forgettable in every way. But nobody will forget her now.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sorry this is really so inaccurate. Perhaps read up about it all again before throwing wild theories around. We are so beyond that on this thread, especially now she’s been convicted.
Which bit is inaccurate?

That the prosecution said it, or Lucy Letby denied it?

I think she was probably suspended on the first arrest, and then a HR investigation. It’s possible she was dismissed anywhere between the first and last. They can also do it depending on how she informed her line manager too - so if she didn’t call them in a timely manner after it then they could have dismissed her on that.
Yes that true, thanks! I guess once she'd been arrested it could be classed as a breach of trust and confidence due to the allegations and ongoing police investigation. I think I was just hoping she hadn't been suspended on full pay for months and months!

Reactions: 2
It's got nothing to do with his abilities as a doctor either. I know his comment to LL about it not being her, it's the babies sounds shocking, I do think he meant it was their underlying conditions that led to their deterioration.
He's guilty of being a sleezy scumbag 100% though.
I do have a feeling there’s more to this than meets the eye, in terms of him knowing more about what was going on, but I hope I’m wrong

Reactions: 7
Many barristers including Ben Myers work for both the prosecution and defence. It's a bit stupid to assume all those working for the defence in a trial are evil, corrupt and on the side of the villan.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Remember when the house searches were taking place and they went digging in the garden and excavated parts, I wonder if/what they expected to find there?
As I listened to the prosecution in court I wondered if there would be any mention of this, but there wasn't.
I don’t remember that. I wonder what triggered that particular search? I wonder if we’ll ever be told.

Reactions: 3
Which bit is inaccurate?

That the prosecution said it, or Lucy Letby denied it?
Have a look yourself. If Letby falsified the notes to try and change when bleeding happened was that to set him up for the crimes, as you alluded to? No. She falsifies things to keep herself out of the picture or to claim a more gradual deterioration.
At no point is it suggested by anybody that she was trying to make it look like he was trying to kill baby N, that’s just not true. It wouldn’t be a crime if he had caused bleeding via clumsy intubation or an attempted murder. You’re suggesting this is all part of a picture with your comments about the killing me softly note and you’re adding unnecessary and utterly inaccurate dramatisation. It’s crude. You should stop. There is no evidence at all that she was hoping to set Dr A up as a murderer or planting notes alluding to him being a murderer. It’s utter garbage.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It was just maybe them covering absolutely everything. However, it never stopped me wondering all these years
Yeah I think the orders will have been to leave no stone unturned, literally,and seeing now with my own eyes after the documentary how thorough/enormous the investigation was, they clearly didn't want to miss anything...and they didn't, I just can't put into words my respect for the whole hummingbird team!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do have a feeling there’s more to this than meets the eye, in terms of him knowing more about what was going on, but I hope I’m wrong
There's no fool like an old fool.

And, I can't help thinking about what Dr Jayaram said about him having the sense that he didn't trust Lucy Letby.
And that as a doctor (and I paraphrase (when asked why he didn't go to the police sooner)) he was trained to look for the common symptoms, and then to consider the uncommon, - but it was beyond comprehension that one of the medical staff could be deliberately hurting the patients.

Maybe he saw the gorilla, when his training told to look elsewhere.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I think the orders will have been to leave no stone unturned, lierslly, and seeing now with my own eyes after the documentary how thorough/enormous the investigation was, they clearly didn't want to miss anything...and they didn't, I just can't put into words my respect for the whole hummingbird team!
Absolutely agree with this. The care and attention they paid to every single aspect of the investigation has been second to none. Nothing short of heroic what they did for those families to bring justice for their babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really hope slimy politics are playing no decision in the investigation being non-statutory, fingers crossed that there will be a tory u-turn (that is actually helpful for once) on this. It needs to be judge led so these managers etc are compelled/made to give evidence. Rishi better not be bloody thinking he wants it all done and out of the way of the campaign for the next General Election, as i can see it'll open up a whole can of worms regarding the NHS and its hierarchy! He prob doesn't want it blowing up, but tough tits, though there's far too many people who need to answer for their actions and be held responsible.

Reactions: 12
Absolutely agree with this. The care and attention they paid to every single aspect of the investigation has been second to none. Nothing short of heroic what they did for those families to bring justice for their babies.
I knew it was a massive operation...but seeing it laid out like that, was something else, and hearing some involved, speaking, so openly and honestly, made me cry again..." different tears" .
Thinking of all involved, as this horrific case now progresses 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This has probably been asked already, but having seen someone mention 30 more babies that are being looked at with a scope of over 4000 to look at, what happens if they find there evidence to charge her with, but there couldn't be a fair trial due to finding a jury etc...

I doubt she would ever plead guilty to further crimes as I doubt she would ever plead guilty to these ones.

I have tried good old Google, but not had any luck.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.