Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she was a nursing student then, I don’t think she ever worked at LWH in a paid capacity.
Her first " trophy" is potentially from her time at LWH
The paperwork that she kept pristine, in a box, with a rose ( think it was a rose)
Who knows...if left long enough, unsupervised, she could have done anything during her time there.?
She already alluded to her experiences of deaths at LWH, in her text messages to colleagues and how she was " allowed" to go back into the same nursery or cot space where babies had passed away....makes me feel sick🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 17
One thing I’ve always wondered about in awful heinous cases like this is their lawyer. How do you defend this? I understand everyone is entitled to defence and a fair trial but how do you sleep at night knowing the next day you’re going to court to try and get this person off? Truly boggles my mind
I’ve wondered if the mindset is actually ‘my job is to make sure it’s a fair trial so justice is served’ rather than thinking his job is trying to get her aquitted. I struggle with a few of the things he’s done, like some of his comments to parents during cross examination and also trying to get all of Dewi Evans’ evidence thrown out. But if he didn’t do these things then maybe she would have grounds for appeal, I don’t know.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A black bin bag appeared in her garage between the 1st and 2nd arrest and that’s where the “nobody knows what happened and why” note was then discovered. She was not supposed to return to her own house between the arrests.
At the same time and date her parents place is searched and the further 6 handovers are found. Raises serious questions about where she got those handovers from and an insight into her psyche that even after what she’s accused of and been found to have all those medical records collated under her bed, she still couldn’t be without more handovers and marked them “keep”. Totally mind boggling. She should have to answer how she got them and how she got them to her parents home.
My first thought was that the handover sheets came from Doctor A - not that I'm pointing the finger - they could have fallen out of her pocket when he lent her the car - to save her the ten minute walk home.
Mainly because of Killing Me Softly - which I took to be a Roberta Flack reference.

Apropo nothing - is the 'take room' still a thing in hospitals?

Reactions: 1
Also very interesting that she wrote the
“No one will ever know what happened or why” note AFTER the first arrest and the 6 further handover notes that were found at her parents’ house after the first arrest also. So no handovers at their house in the first arrest, but 6 all that time later at the second arrest. Where had she stashed them after the first arrest? She absolutely wanted these things found. These must be in the ones marked keep. They are indisputably trophies. I wonder if they pressed her either in police interview or in court on how exactly those handovers had got there after the first house searches.
That crime scene to courtroom fella off of YouTube was on about this. I completely agree. Undoubtedly trophies. To not get rid of them after being released on bail is mad, she just couldn’t let them go could she

Reactions: 16
My first thought was that the handover sheets came from Doctor A - not that I'm pointing the finger - they could have fallen out of her pocket when he lent her the car - to save her the ten minute walk home.
Mainly because of Killing Me Softly - which I took to be a Roberta Flack reference.

Apropo nothing - is the 'take room' still a thing in hospitals?
Sorry?! Which handover notes will have come from Dr A and when? She didn’t borrow his car. He gave her a lift after the death of one of the triplets. That is incredibly farfetched imo. Are you suggesting he kept them and gave them back to her? They don’t belong to her. They’re confidential patient documents. Killing me softly is written on paper and found in the garage at her own house on second house search. The 6 handover sheets were found at her parents’ property on the second house search. They were not there previously. She says her friendship with Dr A ended early 2018 pre her first arrest.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve wondered if the mindset is actually ‘my job is to make sure it’s a fair trial so justice is served’ rather than thinking his job is trying to get her aquitted. I struggle with a few of the things he’s done, like some of his comments to parents during cross examination and also trying to get all of Dewi Evans’ evidence thrown out. But if he didn’t do these things then maybe she would have grounds for appeal, I don’t know.
I gained some respect for BM at sentencing...thank the lord he didn't try to offer any mitigation,and what he did say to the judge..was, basically, throw away the key..he was always on the back foot, but he gave it his best shot, until he stuck poor Lorenzo on the stand..if it wasn't so sad, it would be laughable😔

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That crime scene to courtroom fella off of YouTube was on about this. I completely agree. Undoubtedly trophies. To not get rid of them after being released on bail is mad, she just couldn’t let them go could she
Yeah and there is an officer on the police doc that says it too which made me just watch the crime scene to court room on it again. I don’t know why I didn’t take in the enormity of it previously but I think it’s HUGE and she absolutely should have been asked where the hell she got them from as they weren’t there on the first search. Really troubling. I wonder what else she hid away from both properties. Now my brain is trying to remember if she was questioned on the stand about being at her property after arrest one when she shouldn’t have returned- possibly when BNE gave her the social media bundle it was mentioned 🤔 could be wrong.

Reactions: 13
I can’t believe the number of green arrows this comment got , I honestly thought the supportive comments on twitter was just a handful of people with fake accounts
Are they expecting the whole legal world AND Boss Man Goss to go...

"duck me! You're right! If only we'd thought of that...."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just out of curiosity....

If you have something like a venflon, and you put a hollow needle in the valve, then squeeze the tube to stop the flow of liquid above the valve - so that there is no liquid in the valve (and of course nature abhors a vacuum (a bit like my back bedroom)) - would that create an air bubble that would then be pumped directly into the body when you stop pinching the tube to allow the liquid to flow again?

Leaving you free to remove the hollow needle, that you have no idea how it got into your pocket - it must have broken off a syringe - should anyone ask - not that they will because you have disposed of it in the sharps bin.

Asking for a friend who is a fiction writer - of the cheapest pulp variety.

Reactions: 1
I've been reading the news coverage of this case and thought I'd share some of my thoughts on here as it seems so unfathomable a nurse could do this. Has anything been said about why Letby trained to be a nurse, did she plan all along to harm patients if she got the opportunity to. I wonder if she felt superior to the parents of the babies she murdered and entitled to kill their babies because she was the nurse with medical knowledge and they weren't. The parents spoke to Letby before their babies died so perhaps Letby felt superior to the parents when speaking to them and felt a sense of entitlement to kill their babies. Also if Letby genuinely thought she'd never have a family perhaps she felt jealous of the parents that they could have a family if their babies survived and wanted to take that away from them.

Reactions: 3
Yeah and there is an officer on the police doc that says it too which made me just watch the crime scene to court room on it again. I don’t know why I didn’t take in the enormity of it previously but I think it’s HUGE and she absolutely should have been asked where the hell she got them from as they weren’t there on the first search. Really troubling. I wonder what else she hid away from both properties. Now my brain is trying to remember if she was questioned on the stand about being at her property after arrest one when she shouldn’t have returned- possibly when BNE gave her the social media bundle it was mentioned 🤔 could be wrong.
didnt BMG also say they were undoubtedly kept as morbid records to remind her of what she had done?

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Her first " trophy" is potentially from her time at LWH
The paperwork that she kept pristine, in a box, with a rose ( think it was a rose)
Who knows...if left long enough, unsupervised, she could have done anything during her time there.?
She already alluded to her experiences of deaths at LWH, in her text messages to colleagues and how she was " allowed" to go back into the same nursery or cot space where babies had passed away....makes me feel sick🤢
Oh I don’t doubt she probably did something at LWH - especially if families are coming forward from 2012 and 2013. Unlike some people, LL didn’t just snap, so I feel like there probably was some instances of ‘unexplained’ harm. It would not surprise me if in the coming years she gets charged with other things (similar to how Bellfield was charged with Milly Dowler’s death years later).

Reactions: 8
I've been reading the news coverage of this case and thought I'd share some of my thoughts on here as it seems so unfathomable a nurse could do this. Has anything been said about why Letby trained to be a nurse, did she plan all along to harm patients if she got the opportunity to. I wonder if she felt superior to the parents of the babies she murdered and entitled to kill their babies because she was the nurse with medical knowledge and they weren't. The parents spoke to Letby before their babies died so perhaps Letby felt superior to the parents when speaking to them and felt a sense of entitlement to kill their babies. Also if Letby genuinely thought she'd never have a family perhaps she felt jealous of the parents that they could have a family if their babies survived and wanted to take that away from them.
Her friend Daft Dawn said Lucy had always wanted to be a nurse to give back because her own birth was apparently difficult.

Bet her poor mum couldn’t push that massive chin out.

• Haha
  • Sick
Speaking of CS2C, I’d be interested to know if any of our roving tattle reporters agreed with his view that she was mainly very credible on the stand? Until her “rare” losses of temper and the mask slips etc?

Reactions: 3
Oh I’m sure bezzie mate Dawn will be there every week, alongside all LL’s other friends who won’t believe she did this unless they hear it from her.
Convicted prisoners don’t get as many visits as they want. They get a limited number of Visiting Orders a month and have to send these out to the people they want to visit them. That’s how it worked when I was working in prison, though this was some time ago. They do now have video visits systems in a lot of prisons these days, not available when I was there, and not sure how much of this they’re entitled to. They can call people as much as they want with credit they put on a PIN phone. However the prison has to approve the number before they can ring it.
I’d imagine following the verdict Lucy is probably on an ACCT in prison - essentially suicide/self harm monitoring.

Reactions: 7
Just out of curiosity....

If you have something like a venflon, and you put a hollow needle in the valve, then squeeze the tube to stop the flow of liquid above the valve - so that there is no liquid in the valve (and of course nature abhors a vacuum (a bit like my back bedroom)) - would that create an air bubble that would then be pumped directly into the body when you stop pinching the tube to allow the liquid to flow again?

Leaving you free to remove the hollow needle, that you have no idea how it got into your pocket - it must have broken off a syringe - should anyone ask - not that they will because you have disposed of it in the sharps bin.

Asking for a friend who is a fiction writer - of the cheapest pulp variety.
very bizarre question for your friend to ask you to ask on tattle. Perhaps tell them that a private conversation with a health professional would help your friend in their research, as an author I’m sure they have a promotional twitter/Instagram account and therefore would be able to appropriately find a medical advisor that way, if not through their agent.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.