Lucy Letby Case #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That made perfect sense to me.

Up to now, I do think she's guilty because of the whole 'coincidental' reasoning and the high number of events that she was involved in.
BUT, there's also so much that doesn't add up and as you say, the evidence that prosecution produce will need to go beyond statistical, otherwise defence will rip it to shreds.

Reactions: 18
I’m sure what he said will be looked into. Thoroughly.

Reactions: 5
Side note: The police wouldn’t have dug up her garden if they didn’t have very solid reason to suspect something more than a coincidence. I think there’s much more to come out especially with this advert for a new detective on the ongoing case.

Reactions: 20
Note 'coincidental' has quotation marks before I get anyone saying it was more than coincidence!

Reactions: 6
With regards to new experts being more credible - I think I’m inclined to believe the people who did the original post mortems were probably unconsciously biased because the babies never left the hospital so I don’t think suspicious circumstances would have even entered their head. Some of the PM outcomes were unexplained. You might say the new experts might have an unconscious bias but there are at least 5 of them and if they all agree it’s going to be really hard to dispute their evidence. I wonder if the pathologists who did the original post mortems will be witnesses and if they have a change of view.

I don’t think the prosecution were over the top with the confession. I know there is a lot of debate about it but it’s still a significant bit of evidence that forms part of the bigger picture. Someone could tell me over and over she wrote it out of stress and anguish but I just can’t accept it. It will take a lot for me to change my mind on why someone would write they killed them on purpose when they didn’t.

The IV bag has been explained a few times so I won’t go into so much detail again but there is expert evidence that the only possible explanation is the first bag was contaminated, and Lucy had access to the bag. Even the second bag it looks like she might have had access to (as likely a stock bag from the fridge) but all the defence have said so far was she wasn’t on shift when that second bag was given to the baby. That doesn’t rule her out.

You'll need a best published wiki author award at the end of all of this!
Thank you for your dedication!
Shame I can’t put it on my CV!

Reactions: 23
Gosh there’s no doubt about the June job advert being Lucy related is it:

“This investigation is one of significant national prominence” big understatement there

“You will be leading and Deputising as appropriate on a sensitive and challenging investigation across the force area and beyond investigating the murder and attempted murder of infants.”

“…dedicated to the once in a career investigation”

“…recruited directly into the investigation for an initial 3 year period” initial? Christ how much more

“…Investigatory base at Chester, however, there will be a requirement to work/share duty time across Cheshire and Manchester due to a lengthy trial 2022/23 in Manchester.”

Reactions: 22
Hi everyone, had trouble finding the thread tonight dk why. Just thought I'd share a YouTuber that's seems to be covering parts of the case, they do like an overview of the day. It's called 'crime scene 2 courtroom'. Its not a channel just for the case but It does seem to be covering alot of the trial.

Reactions: 10
How long do postmortem results take to come back? After the first death was deemed to be deliberate then why wasn’t there a major investigation?

I take it that you were referring to my post above.

Well it's exactly what I said when I originally posted the job advert in the 2nd thread!
Note I wrote 'coincidental' with quotation marks.

Reactions: 2
I definitely think either we’ll get evidence of historic suspicious behaviours or something that’s triggered her in some way, whether miscarriage, break up or other kind of trauma. Not trying to excuse her, I just think it’s the most likely thing to happen?

Reactions: 9
Poor doctor, I hope he never hears any whispering like that thrown his way. That’s such a serious accusation and allegation isn’t it. To think he’d sit there and put these parents through THIS because he didn’t want his ward or himself to look bad… and now it looks..good somehow? Respectfully, strong disagree. And then I guess the independent medical experts and everybody else is in cahoots with him to keep making the trust look so good and get them out of hot water with this huge trial and massive spotlight on what went on

Reactions: 14
totally agree with what you’ve said

correlation doesn’t equal causation.

i still have a horrible feeling she’s guilty tho

Last edited:
Shame I can’t put it on my CV!
Well, you can, but not directly I guess .
You’ve gone through different sources of text and been able to summarise and organise it, all in a tight turnaround time. The fact you’ve done this quick shows you can deliver under pressure and can’t have procrastinated much! I say that shows organisation, focus and ability to handle lots of data. If I knew your name I’d be on your Facebook and linkedin nosey-ing what you did in your real job

Reactions: 17
Maybe the detective will be looking into all the other murderous nurses that must have been on shift when she was and all the big baddy doctors and nhs big wigs that are conspiring to get themselves off the hook. (Just ignore me. Please everyone just ignore me. What if I say I’m completely serious, am I allowed then?)

Reactions: 12
I take it that you were referring to my post above.

Well it's exactly what I said when I originally posted the job advert in the 2nd thread!
Note I wrote 'coincidental' with quotation marks.
Oh sorry no it wasn’t, I hadnt even seen your post yet ! Not sure what you mean but nothing was directed at you I was just thinking aloud

Reactions: 3
I am also struggling with these claims about her looking "expressionless". It reminds me of the accusations levelled at women who are raped who shutdown emotionally, when in reality they are deeply traumatised and its framed as them seeming unbothered. Its simply too early to accurately interpret what her reactions mean.

Reactions: 24
Thank you.

where can I learn how to edit.

I thought it might be good to store things like that note LL wrote which the prosecution claimed was a confession?

Reactions: 2
This aswell got me wondering...

'investigation across the force area and beyond'

Reactions: 11
I’m keen to find a “trigger” too. I feel I just have to know what would make you want to do this if it wasn’t notoriety or attention. Surely to god it wasn’t just jealousy that perhaps “everyone” around her was pairing off and starting families. And she was fuming worried she’d never have that herself? She was only 25 but who knows. Did she ever have a boyfriend or girlfriend. So many questions I hope come to the surface.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.