Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Futtrit

VIP Member
11:22am

Mr Myers says Letby believed she had a good relationship with Child E and Child F's mother.

He says there is an entry in Letby's diary on Child E - the only entry for any child in the indictment in the 2015 diary.

He says there is no entry for Child F.

He says the photograph of the sympathy card for Child E's parents, taken by Letby at the hospital, has no relevance.

Mr Myers says it was a photo taken while she was at work.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

craig84

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Oh I completely agree! I know I hate her and see everything as a 🚩 but yeah.. I thought the exact same. She goes in to look at this baby in the middle of the night on her day off don’t forget. That was another big clanger for me… she said she went in very late maybe because it was quieter at nights and then there was an instant attempt to hide what she’d obviously just given away!
See you already spotted this too🤦🏼‍♀️

MrsON

Just got my other half up to speed with the trial as he wasn't following and he says she is totally guilty and he can't comprehend why she's done it from a guys view she's a cuckoo he said 😂also l need some baby advice so added a spoiler
has any of you lovely tattlers that have ever breastfed experienced a baby with reflux? I think mini Caledonian has reflux. He's really sicky after a feed and even after bringing wind up he's screaming unless he's vertical. Either that or my milk is drying up as that happened with wee Caledonian albeit 7 months in and not at 5wks in 😭
urgh I’m sorry you’re experiencing the hell of reflux, I’m in this same hell too my (baby is now 4 months). Sounds like you have a fab supply (if he’s bringing up lots of milk that suggests he’s getting enough from you 🙃). A few things could be exacerbating it so best to ensure it’s still not any of these things; tongue tie, shallow latch, fast let down. Sometimes it’s just their floppy valve and the older they get it self-corrects. As you say you have a fast flow, sometimes leaning back or doing koala position can help this, or letting milk flow into a muslin for the first bit before latching him. If latch & position is good then you can get omeprazole and gaviscon from GP but I’ve found they’re a nightmare to get into breastfed baby & cause constipation but your baby might be more receptive than mine! Is there an infant feeding team in your area? They’re so so helpful. If it’s affecting his weight gain, then your GP should refer to paediatrician and dietician. PS There is a rare condition called pyloric stenosis which does affect more boys so if you’re worried about him then best to get him checked over to exclude this also. Sending you solidarity, it’s an absolute nightmare 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Interesting. So I saw this in the wiki. Seems prosecution and LL in her police interview say the baby was sedated. And BM says there's evidence she wasn't? Was that ever showed - can't see in Wiki?

From Wiki
"The prosecution say Child K had been sedated. The defence say it is disputed, that Child K was able to move, and there would be evidence to follow on that."
Yes was that not the morphine bolus given proving sedation?

Reactions: 4

Futtrit

VIP Member
10:39am

Mr Myers says the mother had said the concerns were met with "pushback".

He says nurses, including Nicola Dennison and Mary Griffiths, had said dealing with stoma bags was "unusual", and Dr John Gibbs said it was a "challenge".

Futtrit

VIP Member
3:50pm

Mr Myers says Dr John Gibbs noted: 'Poor response to second resuscitation might have been to heart being compromised by previous...collapses'.

He says the evidence was the abdomen became distended in response to the first collapse, as Ashleigh Hudson had noted the 'abdo soft' at 23.57pm.

A radiograph after the collapse showed a distended abdomen.

He says Dr Evans and Dr Bohin 'made a lot' of Child I's crying at the time.

He says the experts had worked this symptom in during the course of their evidence as a sign of air embolus.

He asks whether there was supposed to be an air embolus at 11.57pm, at 1.06am, or both.
---

Maisiemouse

She had blood secretions, a blood clot at the end of the NG tube. She had suffered massive brain damage. She went to arrowe park and recovered rapidly. As far as I know, she had no infection but was probably treated for one in case. She had that reading because of inflicted trauma. She had blood behind her vocal cords. She really hurt this baby.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe she is guilty. But that is instilling some doubt for me. Have seen lots of kids in traumatic accidents and I still maintain having 218 from trauma is pretty 🫣. I will have to go back and read the timeline thoroughly. I wish we could see all the other blood results.

Blood clot in a baby with a history of lung bleeds and 9 blood transfusions also.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

tay65

Chatty Member
I've just looked on Reddit and someone has posted that they went to court today. They admit they haven't a medical background. Anyway someone else on Reddit asked what other people watching the trial are thinking and she said they've been a bit backwards and forwards because of BM but some are thinking the jury might bring a NG verdict because of a lack of evidence.
The poster on Reddit is Gold_Wing5614.

Futtrit

VIP Member
12:39pm

Mr Myers says the theory Letby spiked the various bags with insulin is "contrived and arfiticial", and the mechanics of it are "unrealistic".

He asks how Letby could predict to add insulin to the dextrose bags in storage, which would be used for all babies on the unit, only for Child L.

He says the theory of 'sticky insulin' is "mixed".

He says there is a lot of bag changes over 56 hours.

Prof Hindmarsh was cross-examined about it, if the 'sticky insulin' would run out at some point.

He said it would. He said over time, additional insulin would be required to maintain the levels [of low blood sugar levels].

---

12:41pm

Mr Myers says whatever the reason for Letby accumulating paperwork [at home] in the case of Child L, it does not provide sufficient evidence of an intent to harm the baby.

---

12:43pm

Mr Myers says Letby subsequently cared for Child L after April 9-11, and it is "utterly inconsistent" with someone wanting to target that child to harm or kill them.

• Wow

kata420

Chatty Member
has any of you lovely tattlers that have ever breastfed experienced a baby with reflux? I think mini Caledonian has reflux. He's really sicky after a feed and even after bringing wind up he's screaming unless he's vertical. Either that or my milk is drying up as that happened with wee Caledonian albeit 7 months in and not at 5wks in 😭
[/QUOTE]
I am a few weeks ahead of you, but baby K (11 weeks now) had very bad reflux for her first few weeks. She was crying and squirming with pain after each feed and would vomit/projectile vomit at times. I didn’t know what to be doing or if I was doing anythign wrong. It’s quite upsetting when so tired too. Could you get in touch with a lactation consultant? Infacol helped us a little bit (I think) and I would sit up after each feed for about 30 mins (painful when so exhausted). Neither helped much. I got a lovely lactation consultant out who felt I had a fast let down (spraying everywhere and painful at times). She recommended side lying for feeds which kind of helped and advised to pump a little bit before morning feeds when I had a lot of milk. It all helped a little but not enough. I booked a GP appointment but before we went she seemed to just suddenly improve around the 8 week mark. So I never got as far as getting a script for Losec. She still spews occasionally but she is much less distressed now and she’s putting on weight so I think she’s just grown out of it maybe. I think a lactation consultant might be a good way to go. I second the Facebook groups too but some of the women can be quite intense (in the nicest way possible). Do you have La Leche League or any of those groups near to you? Wishing you the best with baby Caledonian. I hope that’s somewhat helpful. 🩷

• Heart