Lucy Letby Case #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re child A and not having opportunity to attack. I remember Ben saying the same when I was there in court. But it was clear there was a 10-15 minute window where she could have attacked because she was left alone when Mel went to write up notes and Dr Harkness was seeing to baby B. If Dr H had his back turned, a murderer would easily see that as a thrilling opportunity surely. That’s not far fetched when considering we are talking about intent to kill.

I remember this better because I was there in court. Just wondering if others who went to court have better memory of the evidence from hearing it in court rather than reading online? Hopefully that’s the case and will be a good sign the jury remember the details better than we all do.

I’ve just put the relevant parts behind a spoiler because it’s long

Ben today:

He says Letby helped a nurse with sterilisation. He asks when was she supposed to have done what she was alleged to have done, and next to Dr Harkness and Melanie Taylor.

He says there is "nothing to support" that Letby got a syringe and injected some air.

He says "no-one could access" the lines without opening the incubator first.

Lucy’s own evidence:

The 10% dextrose solution is shown from a fluid prescription chart as beginning at 8.05pm.
Letby says Melanie Taylor went over to a computer to start writing up notes.

Letby said she was doing some checks - on cotside equipment, suction points, emergency equipment.

She says Dr Harkness at this point was doing a procedure on twin Child B at this point.

Letby says she observed Child A to be "jittery".
Letby says "jittery" was an abnormal finding for Child A. It was "an involuntary jerking of the limbs".

She says she remembered it was "noticeable".

Child A's monitor sounded and his "colour changed".

Letby says the alarm sounded, but she did not know what it indicated at the time.

She says she noted Child A' "hands and feet were white".

She went over to Child A, who was not breathing, so they went to Neopuff him.

Sequence of events:

8.14-8.15pm:
Records show a nurse other than Letby is 'using the computer' at 8.14-8.15pm, where she is referring to the family of Child A and B being updated on the condition of Child B.

8.20pm:Lucy Letby's retrospective note recorded: 'At 8.20pm Child A's hands and feet noted to be white. Centrally pale and poor perfusion.'

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m struggling to follow the defence. I find BM’s approach abhorrent. It is one thing to cherry pick the evidence to try and fit her defence, and obviously BNE has done that too because neither side is going to present evidence that won’t help their side. But to accuse grieving parents of getting it wrong, suggest the babies were going to die anyway, try to ruin the careers and reputations of the medical experts and accuse every doctor and nurse working at COCH of being incapable of doing their job is really difficult to read. They are being thrown straight under the bus when they have done nothing wrong, they’ve just had the misfortune of their paths crossing with a serial killer.
But, I think the jury will see straight through him. They have had 9 months of sitting there listening to this day in day out, they’ll have made their mind up a long time ago.
I hope the families and other COCH staff are being fully supported.

Ben Myers. Asshole. +++++

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
This week is hard going man. But on the other hand he hasn’t produced anything that would make me question guilt at all. One thing that has been frustrating, (but is also my own fault for still following the fb groups) is people claiming that they’ve known all along that BM has had experts advising him in the background and how clear that is now😵💫😵💫 it’s the same people that have denied LL’s involvement all along, and for some reason it’s what gets my back up the most, I wasn’t 💯 closed off at thread 1 that she was guilty, i obvs am now but these people, I’m beginning to think they’re just trolling for the sake of it. Anyway do people think this is a thing? If he had experts who it is claimed, have even admitted they’re working on the case, why wouldn’t he bring them out as witnesses?
593D9DBB-AF16-4D84-AE59-6999CF69CD6C.jpeg
657D82E9-2EC1-4E14-B541-D947DB8E05C3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This week is hard going man. But on the other hand he hasn’t produced anything that would make me question guilt at all. One thing that has been frustrating, (but is also my own fault for still following the fb groups) is people claiming that they’ve known all along that BM has had experts advising him in the background and how clear that is now😵💫😵💫 it’s the same people that have denied LL’s involvement all along, and for some reason it’s what gets my back up the most, I wasn’t 💯 closed off at thread 1 that she was guilty, i obvs am now but these people, I’m beginning to think they’re just trolling for the sake of it. Anyway do people think this is a thing? If he had experts who it is claimed, have even admitted they’re working on the case, why wouldn’t he bring them out as witnesses?View attachment 2269752View attachment 2269753

He might have people explaining the terminology, sure, but if he had experts willing to counter what LL is saying he would have called them up. LL wasn’t that convincing on the stand, I find it hard to believe that this is all some tactic as the FB idiots would have you believe.

Reactions: 27

He might have people explaining the terminology, sure, but if he had experts willing to counter what LL is saying he would have called them up. LL wasn’t that convincing on the stand, I find it hard to believe that this is all some tactic as the FB idiots would have you believe.

Thank goodness not just me then thinking this is reaching…
It’s so easy to get bogged down in it all and think omg are the jury going to be swayed but on the way home from work I listened to the latest podcast and I can’t see anything as powerful as BNE’s closing speech coming from BM, I cried last week reading his last line and hearing it I cried again today. The judges directions will surely finish this for good. Atleast like others have said there will be no grounds for miss trial etc with BM covering all bases etc and essentially doing his job.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Thank goodness not just me then thinking this is reaching…
It has to be 😂 this is his closing speech so no new evidence can be presented. The opportunity has passed and only Lorenzo the plumber was called. If these so-called experts are helping then where are the alternative theories aside from “sub-optimal care”?

I know the defence don’t have to prove anything but surely having at least one expert offer up an alternative would bolster your claim?

Reactions: 20
This week is hard going man. But on the other hand he hasn’t produced anything that would make me question guilt at all. One thing that has been frustrating, (but is also my own fault for still following the fb groups) is people claiming that they’ve known all along that BM has had experts advising him in the background and how clear that is now😵💫😵💫 it’s the same people that have denied LL’s involvement all along, and for some reason it’s what gets my back up the most, I wasn’t 💯 closed off at thread 1 that she was guilty, i obvs am now but these people, I’m beginning to think they’re just trolling for the sake of it. Anyway do people think this is a thing? If he had experts who it is claimed, have even admitted they’re working on the case, why wouldn’t he bring them out as witnesses?View attachment 2269752View attachment 2269753
Why the heck would they not take the stand? Are they completely deluded?

• Heart
If he had experts giving advice they’d have to take the stand so that the prosecution could cross examine them otherwise that wouldn’t be a fair trial

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If he had experts giving advice they’d have to take the stand so that the prosecution could cross examine them otherwise that wouldn’t be a fair trial
Exactly, it would be biased. They’re supposed to be neutral.

Reactions: 7
Jury won’t know any of this though. Ben has not referred to a single expert either for advice or to give evidence, so as far as jury are concerned, this is all just his say so.

it’s like when they pull out the QOC report on COCH and FOI report for all deaths - stillborns, maternity etc. Jury do not have any of this because Ben either isn’t allowed (not admissible) or he thinks it’s too risky / not relevant.

Jury can literally only decide based on what’s presented in court. Ben has presented a plumber. That’s it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve had to stop reading the FB group since Ben started his closing because they’re all on some kind of high and convinced she’s going to be found not guilty, and it makes me wonder if we’re all reading the same thing. 🥴
Kinda feel gaslit myself.

I’ve had to stop reading the FB group since Ben started his closing because they’re all on some kind of high and convinced she’s going to be found not guilty, and it makes me wonder if we’re all reading the same thing. 🥴
you all lasted longer than me. I quit the fbook groups in week 1 when I read someone blaming the cleaner 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Evidence of air in blood vessels was also seen with Baby D. Its annoying how BM keeps insisting the prosecution have no evidence while skipping over the strongest pieces of evidence. Feel so sorry for the parents having to listen to this.
Surely he is misleading the jury though?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
you all lasted longer than me. I quit the fbook groups in week 1 when I read someone blaming the cleaner 🤣
It’s been a long time coming. I’m very nosey and like to laugh at their ridiculousness but duck me the last two days has tipped me over the edge. 🤪 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So for the first time I've voted not guilty.

Ben's performance in the theatre court has been staggering, of course all those professionals are lying, of course the grieving parents are lying. It's all been a big set up and I'm so glad that Benjamin has finally made me see the light.

only joking motherfuckers 🙂
You almost had me there, Toots! I'm having a late dinner and a bit of potato actually dropped out of my mouth! (been out for most of the afternoon/ evening...currently catching up 'backwards')

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.