Lucy Letby Case #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can it really be that every doctor working at coch and every medical expert is lying and incompetent, but BM ( who may well have never visited a NNU) knows why they all collapsed.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
When you look at the medical evidence its strong for Baby A, about four medical experts all believe he had an injection of air. The air can be seen on an X Ray and was found on a post mortem. It just that BM skipped over that part and focused on the long line. A lot of people reported they saw the rash including Letby.
This gives me hope. I've been worried that his version of things will sway the jury, but if they take their role seriously and examine things fully then hopefully they'll realise he's trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
  • Child A
    • Opportunity to attack: BM arguing that LL didn't have the opportunity to attack as it was Mel Taylor who did the fluid adminstration. Mel T says she doesn't remember whether it was her or LL, but LL remembers 100% that it was Mel T (yet BM says witnesses can't remember correctly because time has passed..). But LL has been proven to lie on the stand about commando, pyjamas, social life etc and Mel T hasn't - so why would I believe LL?
    • And this is where looking at all the cases is useful - because how many babies had the same rash, air embolism or insulin collapses after Mel T treated them?
    • Denying air embolus: Where is your medical expert to say that it could have been sub optimal care, Ben? I've heard 3 prosecution experts say it was air embolus. But sure I'll believe you over them.
    • BM says Sandie Bohin reluctantly agreed that air embolus could be caused accidentally. That's because it is theoretically possible but so rare and something she has never seen happen to neo nates and neither has anyone else. Yet seemed to happen a lot around Letby in her year on the ICU.
    • Bohin's evidence - She adds that even if air was accidentally administered, there is an electronic pump system which would detect the air and stop the administration

• Child B
    • BM said it was "normal" for her to be assisting a nursing colleague in room 1, in assisting putting up the TPN bag at 12.05am.
    • Except LL was supposed to be in room 3 looking after two other babies, not being in room 1 where baby B was - how could it be normal for her when she had only just qualified to be in room 1 in April, and this is June??
    • Mr Myers says for this allegation, Letby would have to be close to Child B - "and of course, she is not
    • SHE WAS IN ROOM 1 DOING B's BLOOD GAS 15 mins before he collapsed
    • He says the nursing colleague is "not going to miss that" if air is injected, and it would not take 25 minutes for it to have an effect [when the deterioration takes place].
    • Because she probably did when doing the blood gas at 12.16 (taking 10 mins) rather than assisting with the TPN bag at 12.05 (taking 25 mins). She had multiple chances to do it as she was in room 1 the entire hour with B.
    • BM says Letby is being blamed for something when 'on the evidence she wasn't even in the room when alleged harm was done.' - EXCEPT SHE WAS (See sequence before B's collapse below)!! If you don't think she did alleged harm, how can you pinpoint at what time it happened to know where she was?
    • 10th June
      12.05am
      Letby is then involved with administering nutrition at 12.05am. Letby is a co-signer for the nutrition prescription at 12.05am on June 10.

12.16am:A blood gases record by Letby of Child B is made at 12.16am and another at what appears to be 12.51am, the latter "during neopuffing".

12.30am: The designated nurse's record for the desaturation and collapse event at 12.30am, written retrospectively, includes the notes: "Sudden desaturation to 50%. The court hears this is a 'crash call'.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I feel like if members of the jury were thinking guilty but only just, then BM may indeed plant some doubt.
For me, as a firm G on all counts, he hasn’t caused me any doubt. He’s made me think a little, but only to firm my G stand point… as as someone else has said, the things he is saying for me are not plausible when I look at everything together. If this was 1 incident I would probably find her NG.

I think the judges summing up will be very important.

Edited to add - I feel in as a jury member they need to have the evidence for each count side by side. I hope this is how they do their deliberations

• Heart
Reactions: 29
BM had a good go at convincing the jury Baby C died of a bowel blockage but the medical evidence ruled that out.
Yeah this was a particularly disingenuous part today! I remembered they’d said it could be ruled out by the imagery.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m back, I’m a sucker for punishment. I feel like unless Ben has manage to sway you back to innocent there is no reason to believe he would sway a jury 🤷‍♀️ Boss man Goss will direct the Jury well enough. If we can see though BMs tit a Jury who have sat there for months will too. They will be deliberating so even if someone argues not guilty based on Bens closing speech there will be the evidence and the prosecution to be discussed to agree on guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
BM had a good go at convincing the jury Baby C died of a bowel blockage but the medical evidence ruled that out.
See this is the stuff I'm confused about. There's a few bits where he's not just misrepresenting a situation, he's blatantly saying something untrue. Not sure if nuance is being lost in the reporting or if there's going to be some more corrections coming later on...

Reactions: 21
I think if I was one of the parents in the courtroom, I would very pointedly walk out when BM started pontificating. It honestly makes me sick what he is saying. And also a bit afraid too, what if the jury are all dumbfuck facebook conspiracy theorist huns?
if I was on the jury, I would keep reminding myself that the doctors on the unit became suspicious, the police were involved and if there wasn’t a good chance of the possibility of foul play, the case would have never got this far. I know innocent people have been accused of crimes they didn’t do, but surely not to this degree. Then, of course, the evidence is damning.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m back, I’m a sucker for punishment. I feel like unless Ben has manage to sway you back to innocent there is no reason to believe he would sway a jury 🤷‍♀️ Boss man Goss will direct the Jury well enough. If we can see though BMs tit a Jury who have sat there for months will too. They will be deliberating so even if someone argues not guilty based on Bens closing speech there will be the evidence and the prosecution to be discussed to agree on guilty.
I agree. This trial has gone on for months and their minds will have already been made up long ago.
---
Eta please ignore the bleeping morons you’re currently seeing on facebook claiming they’ve suddenly swung back from 100% G to 100% NG. We’ve been watching the utter bollocks that they come out with for a long time now and we know that these people do not operate like normal human beings lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ll admit some of his points have made me think, but being able to look back on the evidence presented it’s so clear he’s cherry picking the parts that make their case appear stronger. Luckily the jury will have all the evidence with them and any notes they’ve taken, so they can refer back. I find it quite amusing that the large NG presence on the FB group think he’s completely discredited the entire prosecution over the course of two days. It’s like they’re blind to all evidence and adamant that she’s being made a scapegoat which is ridiculous because EVERYONE right down to the parents would have to be in on it.

I’m not worried.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ll admit some of his points have made me think, but being able to look back on the evidence presented it’s so clear he’s cherry picking the parts that make their case appear stronger. Luckily the jury will have all the evidence with them and any notes they’ve taken, so they can refer back. I find it quite amusing that the large NG presence on the FB group think he’s completely discredited the entire prosecution over the course of two days. It’s like they’re blind to all evidence and adamant that she’s being made a scapegoat which is ridiculous because EVERYONE right down to the parents would have to be in on it.

I’m not worried.
It all might be slightly more believable if Letby hadn't lied her arse off at every available opportunity!

I just expected something with more finesse and care perhaps but the tit scatter gun is obviously his approach.

I mean who needs a barrister if all you need to do if just tell everyone they're lying/tit/conspiring or all three!

"Being a barrister? Completed it mate!"

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He's bitching about BNE cherry picking evidence but he is doing the same thing!

Reactions: 23
It all might be slightly more believable if Letby hadn't lied her arse off at every available opportunity!

I just expected something with more finesse and care perhaps but the tit scatter gun is obviously his approach.

I mean who needs a barrister if all you need to do if just tell everyone they're lying/tit/conspiring or all three!

"Being a barrister? Completed it mate!"
Well yeah, her taking the stand didn’t help matters. I knew as soon as she opened her mouth she was fucked.
---
He's bitching about BNE cherry picking evidence but he is doing the same thing!
Exactly. He’s skimmed over a lot of things himself so as long as the jury recognise that.

Reactions: 13
I can’t wait for this to be over, god knows how the jury must be feeling…and the families.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.