Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Treesy19

VIP Member
I can sort of imagine Ben going down to her cell room ( keys chink 🗝🗝noise if you will) explaining the situation:

B: Miss Letby, I’m terribly sorry but not one medical professional we’ve contacted in the UK and abroad is prepared to take the stand to say anything other than to agree with what the pros expert witnesses have said
Letby: any of my friends? I don’t recall you saying this could happen.
B: No, no one has anything positive to say
Letby: what about mum and dad? ❤
B: No they’d rather not go through the cross part. say they’ve missed enough of their retirement years. Booked Torquay.
Letby: my cats?
B: they learnt the ability to talk but even they though don’t want to, no.
Letby: Janet?
B: No she only came along to nosey and have a bit of an excuse for something to do.
Letby: Got to be someone who will back up my evidence bullshit?
B: 🤷🏼‍♂️
Letby: where’s the yellow pages I’ll find someone

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Tofino

VIP Member
Is it fair to assume that if LL is found guilty Karen Rees will probably be out of a job?? Just thinking of the "higher-ups" in Children's Social Care who were fired after the likes of Baby P etc
Karen Rees et al (key senior management) have all conveniently moved on from COCH since Letby was arrested or charged. I think Karen may not even be in the nhs anymore.

I do hope there will be a public inquiry of some sort. I actually don’t have any sympathy for Karen because whilst she couldn’t have known there was serial killer, she was quite happy to ignore concerns about collapses and deaths of babies on the NNU. Even if it had been as a result of competence or poor care, it just seemed like she was happy to ignore babies dying unexpectedly and I don’t know how that can be forgiven. Same with other senior staff who had concerns raised to them.

The number of unexpected incidents which involved Lucy on shift was enough grounds to investigate / suspend even in 2015 and they just ignored it. THAT is the cover up. Senior hospital staff not concerned with excess deaths. Turning a blind eye. And they have all pissed off to other high paid jobs. I’m so angry at them. Lucy was the killer but where was the safeguarding. Safeguarding exists for a reason, to protect children in particular against bad people, and those poor babies were failed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

EffingDust

Chatty Member
Surprised in addition to the plumber that BM didn’t call the seamstress who stitched LL’s Lee Cooper lounge suit to explain how similar it is in construction to pair of pyjamas.

Also the waitress who served LL and noname with their hunters chicken at Frankie and Bennys, to attest to how they only shared a bowl of dry churros in a platonic way.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

DellaC

VIP Member
People are saying BM has given her a shit defence. I’m sorry but I disagree, I think he tried but she’s undone his work by taking the stand and throwing him and everyone else under the bus. Stupid cow has hung herself.
I think BM has been utterly wonderful. He's done absolutely everything he needed to do ❤

• Heart

PatienceImpatient

Gahhddd the Facebook mob are really after Ben's blood, aren't they.

About a thousand threads ago, we all concluded that Ben's job was to give her a fair trial (and as such we agreed he was a good 'fella') and you can't argue that he's done that. They're behaving on there like he's rounded up all these witnesses and locked them in the basement and refused to let them on the stand. Love the outrage on there. If only they'd give that same energy for these parents, for these babies. They are so misdirected it's wild.

Thanks for all the laughs along the way in what was a heavy trial. I had a major wobble at Christmas when I seen one of the babies' names online and it was the same as my little one, I had to check out, but I found my way back here. There has never been any doubt in my mind that she was guilty, I felt it in my bones. Hope she rots forever and ever and ever amen.

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Aggravating south suggesting that people were acting 'peculiar' and 'rude' is fucking unreal.

This is the person who's reddit post history starts with a passionate defense of Ghislaine Maxwell. The person who was banned from the Lucy Letby subreddit for harrassing other users, claiming that the place is filled with bots, directly insulting people, and suggesting that other posters are being paid by the prosecution to spread disinformation. The person who claims to have such a high level of expertise in their field that they can overrule all other medical experts in the trial, but also can't reveal who they are and has no connections to get this information any further than posting on Reddit.

Truly an interesting character.
They don’t know anything. They just copy and paste stuff off the internet.
F4CEACDC-E8D4-4DAE-9CAF-05ABE5C0A9DD.jpeg

10AA311F-EF1D-4D9A-92EF-9FB5A5088569.jpeg

I’m still waiting on their insulin calculations tbh (+ all of the other calculations they’ve claimed they’ve done), but if they’re anything like this, then no wonder the defense straight up ignored them. They’ve attempted to convert the insulin blood concentration from pmol/L to IU/L with an online calculator which uses an incorrect conversion factor of 1 mIU/L = 6.945 pmol/L (it should be 6.00 pmol/L), but that’s not the worst thing they’ve done here by far.
Notice that ‘m’ in front of the UI in ‘mIU/L’? That means mili units, 1 mIU/L = 0.001 IU/L. Taking the (incorrect) conversion factor of 6.945 and converting 4657 pmol/L to UI will give us a concentration of 0.67 UI/L, not 670 UI/L.
Their calculations are literally out by a factor of 1000, which is absolutely huge. I’m sure you all understand the magnitude of this error, but to put things into perspective, this error would be the equivalent of giving someone 1kg of a drug when you only meant to give them 1g. That’s why they’ve calculated such an enormously high dose of insulin of 44 IU per hour think that prof Hindmarsh’s results are wrong, because they don’t understand the difference between units (IU) and mili units (mIU) and they don’t know how to convert between them lmao. There’s a reason why they force people to go to university for years before they let them loose on designing dosing regimes, and don’t just let every internet ‘scientist’ who thinks they know things have a go. But as I say, still waiting!!!!
215B2981-824D-42FD-9A4B-1DCB681DC187.jpeg

So funny that Richard Gill clearly believes their nonsense as well. Letby has no chance of ever getting her (incoming) guilty conviction overturned if these are the absolute melts who she’s got willing to fight her corner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

MmmB777

VIP Member
Thank you! :)

He did, but it was only one section of the court reporting -

11:37am

Nicholas Johnson KC, for the prosecution, asks Mr Mansutti questions.
Mr Mansutti agrees that one of the problems for the flooding was adults 'putting things down sinks'.
One incident is somebody 'forcing a wipe towel down a sink'. Mr Mansutti accepts an incident did take place.
He says none of the incidents led to no hand washing facilities availability, and there is a system in place.
He says there has been 'sewage floods' in the neonatal unit. He says there was once incident, undated, not on a Datix form, where there was sewage on neonatal unit room 1.
He says he has knowledge of it because of "disgust", and work was done on moving sewage pipes away from the unit room in future, "so it couldn't happen again".
He says, for his recollection, it was a "one-off".
Mr Johnson says half the incidents listed did not take place in the neonatal unit. Mr Mansutti says there would not have been a direct effect on that unit for those days.
Quite honestly, reading that.. I think he should have told the plumber to stay home.
40F3D3C1-7022-47B3-AA5D-08D897A42780.gif

---
So todays podcast will probably be what 4mins long? 3 minutes and 48 seconds will be the intro and then Liz will say “so today Caroline, we heard from a plumber. Who said there was shit in the sink”
“Yes that’s right Liz, but the jury heard it wasn’t fuck all to do with anything”
Dooo doooo dooo do dooooo do do dooooooo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

helcob1977

I saw an excellent piece of Facebook group reaching this morn. Prepare yourselves...

The jury going on Facebook and seeing the Lucy Letby group comments will sway them to a Guilty verdict and that's not a fair and unbiased trial

I wish I could unsee that but I can't. People like this are the reason Mrs Brown's boys was allowed on TV isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 43

BooksNCats

Chatty Member
I’ll say that I have voted ‘unsure’ in every single poll thus far (including this one as I hadn’t caught up). I’m a massive believer in ‘innocent until proven guilty’. I REALLY started to think she was likely guilty (but still wanted to hear everything) when she was on the stand, even the brief updates we got via the media looked bad.

Just to wanted to finally say, yep, if I was on the jury I’d vote guilty with absolutely no ‘what ifs’

Thanks for the regulars for proving humour, analysis and opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Tofino

VIP Member
Oh Daily Mail have reported the questions the jury must answer!

THE QUESTIONS THE JURY MUST ANSWER TO CONVICT OR ACQUIT LUCY LETBY

Jurors in the trial of Lucy Letby must ask themselves these questions when considering the allegations she murdered seven babies and attempted to murder 10 others.

On each of the seven counts of murder:

Q1) Are we sure that the defendant did some harmful act or acts to the child who died?

If yes, go to Q2. If no, the verdict on that count should be 'not guilty'.

Q2) Are we sure that the act or acts of the defendant was a substantial cause of the death of that child in that it was more than a minimal cause?

If yes, go to Q3. If no, the verdict on that count should be 'not guilty'.

Q3) Are we sure that when she did the act or acts that caused the death of the child she intended to kill or cause some really serious harm to that child?

If yes, the verdict on that count should be 'guilty'. If no, the verdict on that count should be 'not guilty'.

On each of the 15 counts of attempted murder:

Q1) Are we sure that the defendant intended to kill the child?

If yes, go to Q2 If no, the verdict on that count should be 'not guilty'.

Q2) Are we sure that the defendant did an act or acts that was/were more than merely preparatory to killing the child?

If yes, the verdict on that count should be 'guilty'. If no, the verdict on that count should be 'not guilty'

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

LittleMy

VIP Member
Someone on the FB group has actually said that “just because your baby died doesn’t make you an impartial or credible witness” - meaning the parents who gave evidence.

🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 42

Mrspowell

VIP Member
Watched the Sky David Fuller documentary tonight. Some interesting parallels I thought with what we’ve heard in the Letby trial. He murdered two women in 1987 and when he was arrested they found in his wallet a post it note with his pin number on, 1987, and they were saying every time he saw this it would take him back to that point in time for gratification purposes. Secondly, he worked in a hospital as an electrician, which is why he access to the mortuary. And they were saying how he would choose to work mostly at night when the hospital was quieter. It was also like he had a split personality and absolutely no empathy. He gave me strong Letby vibes to be honest.
I worked with this guy and he was so normal. It wasn’t even a case of when it all came out we all thought omg we can see it now, worked with his wife also who was lovely and normal. I made him a cup of tea once and turned out just before he’d been attacking a patient we’d earlier sent to the mortuary. Don’t think I’ll ever get over it. Letby also reminds me of him. Completely devoid of any emotion unless it’s to feel sorry for themselves.

I think it’s interesting that in most of her WhatsApp messages she asks about the parents, I’m starting to believe that’s her motive, the gratification she gets from the distraught parents and being in a position of playing god, she truly believes she’s better than everyone. I noticed in one message the other person says ‘you are really great nurse’ and she replied with ‘I know’. I think most people tend to reply something modest.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41