Lucy Letby Case #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think BNE is changing (from the reporting at least) some of his wording to have it stick in the mind of the Jury too. The latest being "homicidal activities" and "set your plan in motion" as well as "worried they were on to you" from earlier... all good tactics in my book.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
12:24pm

Mr Johnson says Child O's mother, in agreed evidence, said her baby was 'changing colour' with 'prominent veins.' She says she later saw that in Child P.

Letby says she didn't see that herself.

The father of Child O said 'you could see his different veins - it looked like he had prickly heat, like something oozing through his veins'.

Letby says she did not see anything like that.

She accepts she saw a red-purply blotchy rash and a red abdomen.
I know who I believe and it's not LL.

It is so hard to read what's happened to these babies, those poor parents having to listen to all this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
2:32pm
5ml of air and 2ml of milk is aspirated from Child P at 7am.

"How much milk had [Child P] been fed overnight?"

Letby said Child P had been fed prior to midnight. She says if the NG Tube is in the stomach, air would come out.

Letby disagrees that Child P was well at the morning handover time, as Child P was 'nil by mouth'.

A police interview had earlier said Letby saying Child P was stable and well.

Mr Johnson suggests Letby is deliberately making the appearance of Child P worse now than at the time she gave her police interview.

LL: "No."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Wow, that is really good for triplets with one placenta!
They were 33 weeks and 4lb 7. The two babies that died were considered the stronger, the surviving triplet was in nursery one. He had a small hole in his heart but was healthy and didn’t stay very long at Arrowe Park. They should have had a 99% chance of survival.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
2:34pm
The day shift for June 24 is shown to the court.
Student nurse Rebecca Morgan is on the rota.

Lucy Letby is the designated nurse for Child P in room 2.

The other surviving triplet is also in room 2, with designated nurse Christopher Booth.

Child Q is in room 1 with two other babies.

Three babies are in room 3, and three babies are in room 4.

---
2:36pm
Letby rules out staffing levels as a contributory factor in Child P's collapse and death.

She also rules out staffing mistakes.

She says there were "some issues with the chest drain", but "cannot say" how much of an effect that had on Child P.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
She's gonna kick student nurse Rebecca Morgan under that bus again.

Also you're supposed to co- sign your students signatures which she didn't do

Reactions: 24
4m ago
14:35

Child P 'not a well baby' when he was handed back into my care, Letby says
By the end of the night shift of 23/24 June 2016, the prosecution claims, Child P was "comfortable, settled and seemed like a well baby".

Lucy Letby is asked if she agrees with this.

"At 8 o'clock in the morning?" she asks.

"Yes," says Mr Johnson, the prosecution barrister.

"I am not sure. He had just been reviewed by the registrar."

Mr Johnson alleges that "whatever had been the problem had resolved itself" by the time Child P was handed back into her care on the morning of 24 June.

"No, because he had been placed nil by mouth," Letby says.

"Yes, but he was a well baby by the time he was handed over to you."

"I disagree, a baby nil by mouth is not a well baby," says Letby.

Letby is accused of making Child P sound worse to explain what happened to him during her shift on 24 June.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Can someone help me with this issue with her saying access was lost and needed an IV? So she set one up when it wasn’t needed? This would then give her access to put air in baby O’s circulation?
No she’s just trying to pass blame/chaos off on to the medical team I think..

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Mr Johnson alleges that "whatever had been the problem had resolved itself" by the time Child P was handed back into her care on the morning of 24 June.

It's getting really draining now, hearing her disagree with others CONSTANTLY to fit her own narrative.

Side note, I think it's really phenomenal how many doctors and nurses have agreed to be named during the trial and to be associated with her, particularly students. Shows they have nothing to hide but not sure I would want my name being thrown around like this.

Reactions: 32
2:40pm

By 0639, Sophie Ellis’ nursing note recorded that “abdo has been soft and non distended. 25ml of air aspirated by SNP Kate Ward. NGT placed on free drainage”.

Mr Johnson says Letby created a false nursing note at 8am to say: "...abdomen full - loops visible, soft to touch." He says that is not the picture from 6.39am.

Letby agrees that is not the same as Sophie Ellis' note.

Sophie Ellis's note for June 23 for Child O: 'Abdo looks full slightly loopy...abdo soft.'

Letby says her observation for Child P that morning was what she saw. She informed a doctor an hour later about the abdomen observation. She denies a suggestion by Mr Johnson that she is lying.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Saw it because she was about to kill him and needed to set the wheels in motion with her notes, the sly witch.

• Sad
  • Angry
She needs her bleeping head smashing in this woman. I’m absolutely gobsmacked. I knew it was bad but not falsifying notes bad, calling grieving parents liars bad or blaming innocent staff members bad

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

It's getting really draining now, hearing her disagree with others CONSTANTLY to fit her own narrative.

Side note, I think it's really phenomenal how many doctors and nurses have agreed to be named during the trial and to be associated with her, particularly students. Shows they have nothing to hide but not sure I would want my name being thrown around like this.
My thinking would be- I want my name to be heard as I'm one of plenty who chucked you under the bleeping bus for killing those babies

2:48pm
Letby says she escalated the observation to the shift leader.

Mr Johnson asks if Letby knew what she was telling her friend, the doctor, at this point. Letby does not recall.

The message shown to the court, sent at 8.04am: 'I've got [child] and [Child P], [Child P] has stopped feeds as large asps.'

Mr Johnson asks why Letby is lying about having the first child, whose designated nurse was Christopher Booth. Letby says she would have to check the paperwork, as she may have been assisting.

Letby's follow-up message, at 8.19am: '...I'm ok, just don't want to be here really. Hoping I may get the new admissions...'

Mr Johnson asks why Letby didn't raise it with the doctor colleague who was coming into work.

Letby says the doctor was not present in the neonatal unit that day. He went to the children's ward.

Letby denies the observation was a 'fabrication' as Dr Anthony Ukoh saw loops as well.

She said the context of 'don't want to be here really' was what she had seen earlier with Child O.

Mr Johnson refers to Dr Ukoh's note of observation at 9.35am: 'Abdomen moderately distended/bloated; soft'. Mr Johnson says there is no mention of loopy bowels. Letby: "No."

Letby says Dr Ukoh might not have recorded it.

NJ: "Or you have misrecorded it."

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
They were 33 weeks and 4lb 7. The two babies that died were considered the stronger, the surviving triplet was in nursery one. He had a small hole in his heart but was healthy and didn’t stay very long at Arrowe Park. They should have had a 99% chance of survival.
For reference I was one baby born at 34 weeks and was 4lb 4oz, and free to go home shortly after.

• Heart
2:54pm
Within a few minutes of Dr Ukoh reviewing Child P, Child P collapsed.

NJ: "That has to be your doing, doesn't it?"

Mr Johnson says Rebecca Morgan's evidence was Letby had left the room at the time of collapse.

Letby says from her recollection, she was in the room, and is "quite clear" on that.

Letby's note for the desaturation: '...[Child P] had an apnoea, brady, desat with mottled appearance requiring facial oxygen and Neopuff for approx 1min. Abdomen becoming distended.'

Mr Johnson says the note is deliberately written to make it look like the Neopuffing made the abdomen become more distended.

Letby agrees.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
2:57pm
Dr Ukoh, the court is told, gave evidence to say Child P was in a very different condition between 9.35am and 9.40am.

He also said Letby was "very keen" for the doctor colleague to be called.

Letby says this was because he had been present for Child O's deterioration.

She adds it was one of the other doctors who suggested getting that doctor.

NJ: "Were you trying to attract [the doctor's] attention?"

NJ: "Did you enjoy being in these crisis situations with [the doctor]?"

LL: "No....[doctor colleague] and I were friends.

NJ: "Something to share?"

• Wow
  • Haha
Was she hoping they’d be some sort of trauma bond with NN after these incidents or something. Jesusssss

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.