Lucy Letby Case #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's trying to place Rebecca Morgan at the scene at the time of the collapse. Rebecca Morgan, student, in evidence said she had left the room. I know who I believe. She was a student having just started the placement she would most certainly remember had she been there as this would have been very traumatic especially with not being used to seeing things like this.
---
She's trying to place Rebecca Morgan at the scene at the time of the collapse. Rebecca Morgan, student, in evidence said she had left the room. I know who I believe. She was a student having just started the placement she would most certainly remember had she been there as this would have been very traumatic especially with not being used to seeing things like this.
Sorry I misunderstood this, it was Letby who had left the room but dispues this.

Reactions: 23
2:40pm

By 0639, Sophie Ellis’ nursing note recorded that “abdo has been soft and non distended. 25ml of air aspirated by SNP Kate Ward. NGT placed on free drainage”.

Mr Johnson says Letby created a false nursing note at 8am to say: "...abdomen full - loops visible, soft to touch." He says that is not the picture from 6.39am.

Letby agrees that is not the same as Sophie Ellis' note.

Sophie Ellis's note for June 23 for Child O: 'Abdo looks full slightly loopy...abdo soft.'

Letby says her observation for Child P that morning was what she saw. She informed a doctor an hour later about the abdomen observation. She denies a suggestion by Mr Johnson that she is lying.
wow so she duplicated an observation made by Sophie for child O to make it look like child P had the same issue!! Wow!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I hope none of these students were put off by any of her evil acts and still carried on nursing, after plenty of support of course

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm firmly of the opinion, and I think @gigilouxx will agree with me, that deep down these narcs do know the truth, but they construct a new truth for themselves and absolutely believe it. So I think she's being 'truthful' when she can't recall/denies everything, but only in respect of her construction of truth, not the objective reality.
I think so too. I worked alongside an absolute narc who got fired after spending an entire shift abusing my colleague cos he felt she had slighted him. He was told he wasn't to be on site while we were until the incident had been reviewed, so of course he made a huge production of leaving site late at change-over time or staying late and we were told to just ignore him.

When he was fired not even a week later my colleague told me he had come in earlier that day to hand his access cards and laptop in (he had been told to do that at head office) and told everyone he saw that he had found a new job and that's why he was leaving so suddenly. Couldn't bear to not be in control even after being fired.

She strikes me as the same, I feel like her ego is so fragile that she's shitting out these ridiculous lies and contradictions and throwing everyone under the bus because she can't stand not being in control, and either doesn't realise or doesn't care that it's making her look guilty as duck. Her legal team must bleeping ate her.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
3:02pm
Child P desaturated again at 11.30am. He was given adrenaline and he was paralysed with a drug to aid ventilation as he had been 'fighting the ventilator' with his breathing.

A note in Letby's handwriting is shown to the court. It details the efforts to resuscitate Child P. It was found at her home. Letby accepts she had put it there.

LL: "I collect paper and that's where it ended up...I have difficulty with throwing anything away, particularly paper.

NJ: "Is there anything comforting in keeping the paper?"

LL: "I keep paper yes, from a variety of different sources." Letby clarifies she does not include bank statements in that.

Letby was recorded by a nursing colleague as saying for Child P: "He's not leaving here alive is he?"

Letby disputes that. "I don't recall the conversation.

---

❤ BNE

15:06
'Why do you collect paper?': More notes found under Letby's bed
Letby told the court yesterday that medical notes were found under her bed because she "collects paper".

The court is shown further medical notes, this time for Child P, also found in her possession.

"Why do you collect paper?" Nick Johnson, the prosecution barrister, asks.

"I have a difficulty with throwing anything away, particularly paper," Letby says.

"Is there something comforting about paper?"

"I keep paper, yes, from a variety of different sources."

"But not bank statements?"

"Yes."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Child P desaturated again at 11.30am. He was given adrenaline and he was paralysed with a drug to aid ventilation as he had been 'fighting the ventilator' with his breathing.

A note in Letby's handwriting is shown to the court. It details the efforts to resuscitate Child P. It was found at her home. Letby accepts she had put it there.

LL: "I collect paper and that's where it ended up...I have difficulty with throwing anything away, particularly paper.

LL: "I keep paper yes, from a variety of different sources." Letby clarifies she does not include bank statements in that.

Letby was recorded by a nursing colleague as saying for Child P: "He's not leaving here alive is he?"

This is such powerful stuff from BNE for the jury to be hearing today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
(Sky News)

Letby told the court yesterday that medical notes were found under her bed because she "collects paper".

The court is shown further medical notes, this time for Child P, also found in her possession.

"I have a difficulty with throwing anything away, particularly paper," Letby says.

"Yes."

Today has been one of the most difficult days I think - but I've got to admit to a smile at BNE in this, asking the questions we all want asking, as well as injecting a little sarcasm in there. Like a bit of lightness (in a way?) in such a dark day... he's catching her out and she knows it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I hope none of these students were put off by any of her evil acts and still carried on nursing, after plenty of support of course
Quite chilling really because they won't have been aware of her murdering acts while studying at Uni. Then one day, police at your bleeping door investigating a murder at the hospital they had placements. I really hope they got through it all. Kudos for them coming forward too

• Heart
Reactions: 29

---

❤ BNE

15:06
'Why do you collect paper?': More notes found under Letby's bed

"Yes."
"I collect paper"

bleeping hell fire, she is absolutely pathetic!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've been pretty good at having a bit of detachment with this case (I don't mean that horribly I don't know how else to word it) but today's cross has made me feel a bit weird, probably my own pregnancy hormones but I feel pretty disgusted by it all.

I had been somewhat on the fence until quite recently. I do not see how a jury could possibly find her not guilty now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
A note was found in her home about the resuscitation details of child P. She has once again used the old chestnut excuse of collecting paper and having difficulty getting rid of it. These excuses are now starting to wear very thin.
---
A note was found in her home about the resuscitation details of child P. She has once again used the old chestnut excuse of collecting paper and having difficulty getting rid of it. These excuses are now starting to wear very thin.
She also disputes that she said "he's not leaving here alive is he ". Another lying doctor under the bus.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If she’s got such difficulty in throwing things away. Why does she shred her bank statements, surely you’d want to keep them if you collect paper?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
---

She also disputes that she said "he's not leaving here alive is he ". Another lying doctor under the bus.
Actually she says she doesn't recall having said this. Same thing really, nice way of saying Dr is a liar.

Reactions: 12
What pisses me off with this whole "I collect paper" is that "collecting" CONFIDENTIAL patient details is ILLEGAL, you entitled narc cow. I don't care what you like doing and what is "normal" for you. You aren't above the law and the fact you think it doesn't apply to you shows how immoral and criminal you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
3:15pm

Child P's final collapse happened at 3.14pm, just after . Letby says she cannot recall shouting for help, and cannot recall Child P's breathing tube being dislodged.

NJ: "The problem happened just after everybody left, just after you had said 'He's not leaving here alive is he?'"

LL: "I don't agree I said that.

NJ: "Is this another case of bad luck, that is happened just after everybody left?"

LL: "Yes."

NJ: "Did you enjoy making predictions when you knew what was going to happen?"

LL: "No."

NJ: "You were very excited in the aftermath of [Child P's] death?"

LL: "No, I was not."

Mr Johnson says a female doctor colleague had said she acted 'in a totally inappropriate way'

LL: "No I didn't." She adds that was what the female doctor colleague had said.
Letby says she told colleague Sophie Ellis "out of respect" what had happened.

Mr Johnson said Sophie Ellis had been to the races - "why not leave her alone?". Letby said Sophie Ellis had texted her first.

Mr Johnson: "Did you enjoy the drama?"

Letby's response to Sophie Ellis: 'Just blew tummy up and had apnoeas, downward spiral. Similar to [Child O] x'

Mr Johnson said the message were identical to the one for Child O.
Letby said that was what happened, his tummy blew up and he had apnoeas.

NJ: "Your portent of doom had fulfilled itself, hadn't it?"

NJ: "At your hand."

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.