Lucy Letby Case #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but no 😬 and poor BelindaS who has to read this shite.
I feel angry for Belinda S for being compared with this evil witch in terms of having the opportunity to have poisoned the baby with insulin. Also Ashleigh Simpson who the evil witch said might have overfed the other baby causing the vomiting (and whilst the baby survived is brain damaged). I feel angry for Nicola Morrison, the band 4 who the evil witch intimated she didn't have the experience to care for the stoma baby. I feel angry for Sophie Ellis who the evil witch said wasn't experienced enough to care for babies in nursery 1. In fact I feel sorry for all the doctors, consultants and nurses who she tried to put down by throwing them under the buses. It seems in the evil witch's not so humble opinion all the consultants and nurses were incompetent and only the evil witch was good enough although her own handwritten note said she was evil and not good enough so I feel justified in calling her an evil witch because she's called herself this.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Stressful for her to have so many delays, even though two of them were delayed specifically for her.

She needs to decide if the delays help her or hinder her because yet again, she’s contradicting herself. It’s ok if she wants to delay it but not ok if it’s someone else
I think you’ve got her spot on, it’s about her being in control or not.
Question for our NICU/ITU nurses. Is it usual or common for neonates to have pink/bloodstained secretions from the ET tube? I only have experience of trachys in adults so I’m not sure on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
LL should thank her lucky stars court adjourned today because all I could think during BNE's cross examination today was this:
She is absolutely fucked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I took it as the opposite, like they're already paving the way for a mistrial or appeal.
---

I am so disturbed by the thing with legs...
I'm hoping that there won't be grounds for either with the way the judge has handled it but I'm no expert. It would be good to get the thoughts of those with legal knowledge.

yes there was an older woman (retired age) I briefly spoke to who said she had been going nearly every day since October! I wondered if she was a relative or just super invested. Didn’t want to ask though!
If it's the same lady I asked, she's just nosy! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@LilyRose1234 oh I'm sorry for tagging you again, please don't block me 😂😂😂

Is the possibility of a mistral a real one? Could this case really collapse because of the stopping and starting/problematic jury?

Reactions: 14
Can you imagine Lucy being hooked up to a polygraph while on the stand poor machine wouldn't last 2 seconds before it went bang with all her lies

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Mr Johnson says a third bag is hung up at 4.30pm. The hypoglycaemia "continued". Letby agrees.

The fourth bag, hung up the following day "when you [Letby] were not working" was put up, and the hypoglycaemia "gradually resolved". Letby agrees

The memes on these threads have been pivotal for keeping us sane!

I feel old Jacko needs wheeling out on every day of cross-examination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
if in the insulin cases it could only be Lucy or the other nurse.
the other nurse was not present for the other deaths.
BUT what if the other nurse did do the insulin murders, the rest of the deaths are coincidental and no foul play and actually Letby is innocent of all.

far fetched? this is the first time for me another person could have done something lucy is accused of. If i was on the jury this would occupy my thoughts and i think i'd settle on guilty. I feel a Guilty verdict coming unless it goes to mistrial.
I don’t think it’s possible that there’s only two possible suspects and the one who wrote “I killed them on purpose” isn’t the attacker

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Can you imagine Lucy being hooked up to a polygraph while on the stand poor machine wouldn't last 2 seconds before it went bang with all her lies
I think the needle would just shoot off the paper (and hopefully land square in her face)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am so disturbed by the thing with legs...
Me too. I haven't seen the film but I thought it was merch for the human centipede.
---
Oh I thought they were crotchless knickers and the pink bit was to show you where your fanny went 🙈🙈
I assumed they were to mimic the effect of a baboon's arse but I don't know why anyone would want to.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I took it as the opposite, like they're already paving the way for a mistrial or appeal.
Mistrials only tend to happen if the jury cannot reach a verdict. I don't think delays will be grounds for mistrial. The only thing would be that the jury go down to below 9 members or they can't come to a unanimous or majority verdict after deliberations.

Says a a lot about her defence if BM is already prepping for an appeal.

Upon conviction, she wont have an automatic right to appeal - she would have to be granted permission to appeal. She would have to demonstrate that;
  • Judge has made a error in law (mis-advising the jury for example)
  • Bias - the judge has shown bias during proceedings - reporting suggests this hasn't happened here - in fact he has been very fair to her and has acommodated her requests throughout. He's allowed BM to object and has reprimanded NJ when he's got a bit... spicy.
  • Admissibility of evidence - I imagine that was all agreed before the trial started - hence all the legal discussions. IIRC the judge already dismissed some of the charges the CPS brought against her.
  • If Jury have been naughty and have been found to have conducted research outside of the courtroom or has contacted witnesses etc.
  • There is a change in legislation and someone has been convicted of something that has been legalised after conviction - not gonna happen here.
  • New evidence which if heard during the trial would have introduced sufficient reasonable doubt which may have returned a NG verdict.
  • The last ground would be an unsafe guilty plea (i.e false confessions and the like) - not applicable here.

Its been a while since my law A level but from what I can gather from reporting so far, the judge has done a great job keeping proceedings as fair as possible. He can't control Juror sickness or other delays but as long as he follows the correct processes in dealing with such, the integrity of the trial will remain intact.

Apologies for the long post.... 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I watched the Dahmer series on Netflix which led to me reading up about him. I then started getting targeted ads for these from Amazon:

View attachment 2218798
😬 🤣
Lol!
I Google crime cases multiple times a week (lately spurred on by podcast episodes like crime weekly) and I’m getting ads for beds. I take this as Google is highly concerned about me and how much I’m reading about these types of evil people and is telling me to just go to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
From Reddit. A chart.
In my earlier rant I got two of the nurses names wrong I should have said Nicola Dennison (not Morrison) and Ashleigh Hudson (not Simpson) but looking at this list of nurses very few have not been dragged into this trial and at times implicated by Letby. I really hope this trial continues and doesn't get thrown out. If there was a new trial I can't imagine her wanting to testify and the strain would be terrible for all the parents and the staff involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In my earlier rant I got two of the nurses names wrong I should have said Nicola Dennison (not Morrison) and Ashleigh Hudson (not Simpson) but looking at this list of nurses very few have not been dragged into this trial and at times implicated by Letby. I really hope this trial continues and doesn't get thrown out. If there was a new trial I can't imagine her wanting to testify and the strain would be terrible for all the parents and the staff involved.
It sounded today like she conceded it was unlikely that tiny baby K that had been sedated would have been able to remove their tube more than once.. so that’s somebody else that’s done that too I assume 🤔🙄 honestly she’s something else.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Me too. I haven't seen the film but I thought it was merch for the human centipede.
---

I assumed they were to mimic the effect of a baboon's arse but I don't know why anyone would want to.
Oh I do a perfectly good job of that with my face, don't need the knickers haha 🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.