Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stardust1

VIP Member
Missed that, thanks. What's the deal with the discrepancies in the table of reported deaths?

---

My husband sees it too so I'm not going mad 🙈 if you turn your screen brightness right up, the top image is brighter, the counter is a good reference. Like I said its very slight so doesn't actually matter, I just noticed it and found it interesting.
getting cross eyes looking it’s like that black and gold dress🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
On the contrary, it’s a remand wing rather than a remand prison, just a different section of a prison. And remand prisoners usually dont have prison jobs, education, programs etc., until they have been sentenced. This is because when in remand its uncertain the length of time they’ll be there, they are prone to move about. They certainly don’t get any more privileges but may have more meetings with lawyers etc than those sentenced.
Just to correct you. Remand prisoners do get some some additional privileges as they aren’t yet found guilty. For example, sentenced prisoners get a certain number of visiting orders a month they are entitled to. However a remand prisoner can have as many visits as they want. There are certain prisons which can be considered as remand prisons but they are usually local ones. For example HMP Preston ans Walton in Liverpool. When prisoners are sentenced they can go to these prisons but don’t often stay for long.
Not 100% on women’s

stardust1

VIP Member
Yeah he will, interested to see whether he can find any! The case falls apart pretty quick without any.
I would be interested in what they could bring to the table especially with the insulin poisoning. I
Wonder if you’d loose some credibility if she is found guilty

Ah its good to finally have an actual floor plan to visualise the distance between rooms. Seems they were all pretty close. Seem to remember evidence about a baby screaming very badly but nobody else noticing so kind of gives a bit of perspective.
It is good to see it, I can't help but view it as a sinister, dark and unpleasant place knowing what we know now though, all the babies that died there... the dark and dingy photos provided don't help with that either..

stardust1

VIP Member
First time I have voted unsure. Baby H has through me off, I just don’t see how there is much to suggest it was her which puts me in doubt.

I have a question, does anyone know if Lucy attends these non-juror, legal discussion days? Or would it be unfair for her to be there and hear information the jurors are not hearing? Apologies if this is a low level question, I'm afraid the inner workings of the court are not something I am very knowledgeable on.

Reactions: 2

MmmB777

VIP Member
I can understand the lack of pictures, as they're saying it would have been transient and no time to take a picture during resus. However it's absolutely drilled in that if its not documented it didn't happen, and I know they were busy at the time but afterwards you'd be documenting everything about their presentation that may be significant and you're doing this when things have quietened down and you're no longer in an emergency situation. The nursing notes should document any changes to colour too, baby's chest would have been exposed to everyone in the room would have seen it.
Do you have any ideas for the cause of baby Ms collapse and if it might be related to Letby giving treatment just before?

MmmB777

VIP Member
@MmmB777 @raspberryjuice how have you not seen happy valley before now 😧
I definitely watched series one at the time but was in the depths of sleep deprivation from mmmbaby1 and couldn’t remember enough so had to start from the beginning and watch it going “oh yeah.. oh then this happens, oh I remember now”. Husband loved that.

MmmB777

VIP Member
Going out on a limb here, but it’s crossed my mind. Could this doctor be a relative?…or if he was would he not be called to be a witness?

I agree he was put on the stand to provoke a response.

Also wonder if she didn’t want him cross examined by the defence? They could have torn him to pieces and she got up to leave as she couldn’t bear to watch ( listen). Now I only think that because her barrister talked to her and she settled down, did he make the decision not to cross examine him? Perhaps a tactic by the prosecution…now I know this is far fetched.
Relative to Letby or a baby? I reckon highly unlikely as she’s not from the area.

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Some of these deaths could have been expected even during the pregnancy for example a baby diagnosed with Edwards syndrome or with anencephaly or other such genetic problems. In such cases the prognosis would have been very poor even prior to birth and so she wouldn't have had involvement in deaths of this nature. Babies with certain abnormalities may only survive for a short time but would have been a NICU death.
The genetic disorder deaths should be pretty similar across the board. It would be interesting to compare their stats with a NICU in a different hospital, to see whether the issues on the unit had any impact on the stats. If G then LL obviously did and possibly beyond what's included in the case, but we also know that the unit had huge issues which could have contributed to high numbers.

I know from people posting their experience and from the expert witnesses that they wouldn't expect so many deaths, but then you'd also expect a better quality of care, so it's hard to say what impact that would have on already very vulnerable patients.

stardust1

VIP Member
It’s the nutters in her facebook comments which I find genuinely sickening. I cannot get my head around what would possess someone to actually go out of their way to go write shit on her public posts which they know that her family is defo gonna see. It’s so bad ☹
lacking self awareness

stardust1

VIP Member
I definitely watched series one at the time but was in the depths of sleep deprivation from mmmbaby1 and couldn’t remember enough so had to start from the beginning and watch it going “oh yeah.. oh then this happens, oh I remember now”. Husband loved that.
I did a rewatch before s3 cause it had been a while, it’s really good tv though. I really like siobhan finneran

DellaC

VIP Member
I work in a sector where ‘all behaviour is a communication’ - so for me, the sudden outburst of tears coupled with getting out of her chair is a fear response - and she’s quite literally tried to ‘flight’ (as in, fight or flight).
What does that communicate though? That she doesn’t want to hear what they’ll have to say? That’s really the only logical explanation. Are we hearing more from this Dr?
I very hope so 🙂