Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like to Google any Drs mentioned, put a face to a name.

What an utter shame that when you Google Dr B, the man who effectively raised the flag, a load of photos of LL come up šŸ˜

I hope he gets some proper recognition for his role in all this when the witch is found guilty.
He was Dr for the overfed baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She constantly deffends a baby killer like all the time??!!! Its really weird in my opinion sorrrrreeeee
LL is not a convicted baby killer, she is on trial accused of it but she is not convicted.

Daisy doesnā€™t defend her, she interprets the evidence in her own way and questions it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
inevitably there will be a lot more of differing intensities imo, there will be cases that will not have been deemed to have sufficient evidence to stand up in court and thereby could risk the entire case. Once this is over there will me more stories to come.
I have a feeling too that once this case has finished, if found guilty, there may be parents questioning if this is something that could have happened to their own babies if there were there during those times.

If she's found guilty, I think we'll see some more investigation and more parents coming forward.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Mundane detail but Iā€™ll be fascinated to find out how they actually got the police in. Like there has to be an ā€œoh duckā€ moment where the bosses realise this is probably a deliberate thing and they have to tell the police.

What happens in that situation? Do you ring 999 and be like ā€œsomeone might have killed babies a few months ago but not right now?ā€ Do you ring 101 and risk it getting lost between the calls about lost cats and scruffy vans on posh streets?
Do they just call some top Inspector Morse type dude to come in and start looking?
God knows.

Imagine the horror they felt.

I hope this trial (and a conviction) brings some closure for them too.

Reactions: 10
I literally just think ur trolling at this point Daisy??!! Or your related to LL??!!!
I mean I shouldn't bite but no, I'm not trolling. I don't necessarily believe any of the possible explanations or situations I mention, they're just things that pop into my head as I interpret the evidence and I discuss them in here.. because its a discussion thread. I've never defended LL, I don't know her so how can I, I've just said whether I feel certain evidence is compelling or not. For me, the notes found aren't. Insulin however is very compelling, but for me there isn't a great deal to discuss with that one so I don't bother. Given that I've been a nurse for a while and worked in busy wards, I might see some evidence differently from some people.
Also we haven't even started the defence case and personally I'd like to hear at least some of their case before I come to my own conclusions. Some don't, that's fine.

I'm not quite sure what you feel you're contributing to the discussion šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Jk.. she's my sister I just want her to get out so she can give me back a dress she borrowed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
If LL is found guilty it will be interesting to hear what comes out about her life (in the press or at sentencing). I wonder if any of it will start to make sense. I canā€™t imagine what you must have to go through in life to make you think killing innocent newborns is an ok thing to do.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
If LL is found guilty it will be interesting to hear what comes out about her life (in the press or at sentencing). I wonder if any of it will start to make sense. I canā€™t imagine what you must have to go through in life to make you think killing innocent newborns is an ok thing to do.
She might not have to have gone through anything.

Reactions: 15
It would be really interesting to hear what people think of the insulin for baby L or baby Ms collapse.

Reactions: 5
Mundane detail but Iā€™ll be fascinated to find out how they actually got the police in. Like there has to be an ā€œoh duckā€ moment where the bosses realise this is probably a deliberate thing and they have to tell the police.

What happens in that situation? Do you ring 999 and be like ā€œsomeone might have killed babies a few months ago but not right now?ā€ Do you ring 101 and risk it getting lost between the calls about lost cats and scruffy vans on posh streets?
Do they just call some top Inspector Morse type dude to come in and start looking?
it would have been escalated in house via their own internal hr and legal teams first

Reactions: 11
No I agree, she might not have. It would be quite unusual though for this to come from nowhere, surely? To go from a normal, balanced life to murdering babies?
Unusual yes, but not unheard of. Obviously we know little of her background but nothing untoward seems to be leaping out, apart from the strange fashion sense, but who knows?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A lot of it comes down to personality too, what one person considers trivial could be completely traumatic to another. I think people clutch at straws a bit when trying to explain serial killers cos we naturally want to understand it but some people are just fucked up. I do think there would be some weird incidents over the years prior to the first baby tho, if found guilty I'm sure they'll come out.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A lot of it comes down to personality too, what one person considers trivial could be completely traumatic to another. I think people clutch at straws a bit when trying to explain serial killers cos we naturally want to understand it but some people are just fucked up. I do think there would be some weird incidents over the years prior to the first baby tho, if found guilty I'm sure they'll come out.
Yeah if guilty I don't think she jumped straight into killing newborns...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Much more detail in this write up. Makes it a little bit clearer that she was being linked it was being noticed but people were not automatically assuming deliberate harm. This is exactly how these things gradually become found out imo. This is very familiar sounding stuff to other cases of this type of crime.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Is it considered bad practice that the doc never writ down any concerns about the rash? I thought it was drilled in that if you donā€™t write it down it never happened. It has turned into one word against another because he never noted it down IMO

Reactions: 11
Much more detail in this write up. Makes it a little bit clearer that she was being linked it was being noticed but people were not automatically assuming deliberate harm. This is exactly how these things gradually become found out imo. This is very familiar sounding stuff to other cases of this type of crime.
Itā€™s a bit concerning that she was identified as a person of interest so early on, but got away with it for another 11 months. Especially when you consider the deliberate insulin poisoning.

Reactions: 17
Is it considered bad practice that the doc never writ down any concerns about the rash? I thought it was drilled in that if you donā€™t write it down it never happened. It has turned into one word against another because he never noted it down IMO
I've always thought this - plus no pictures. Considering it was something that 'had never been seen before' and so unusual, it seems strange that no one thought to document it properly.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.