Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MmmB777

VIP Member
We’ve heard when parents cry, when doctors and nurses have cried, when Letby turned to watch parents crying and now we have this report. I personally think if she had been showing emotion before now, we’d have heard about it at least once.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

docmum

VIP Member
Sad really because you trust these people and this case has shown how bitchy these nurses are . Imagine being at your most vulnerable just having a baby and the staff are all texting each other about you and how you look what your wearing

… actually makes me physically sick that this goes on I will never trust a nurse again knowing they are talking behind your back
i can assure you I know some of the darkest or most traumatic things about people I’ve met and yet I couldn’t sit here and say ‘Mrs x’ did something or looked a certain way off the top of my head - notes would prompt me but I don’t store their life in my mind for my own good. I often say to people that I don’t look at people as people - say if they feel nervous re smear test - the same way an accountant would look at a list of numbers - you’re looking at it to see how it comes together, if anything might be wrong with it and if you can put it right. I use the same logic to have my bikini line waxed knowing the beautician is looking at what needs doing as a task, not as my bits 🤪
I also live by the phrase that even when things aren’t bound by confidentiality, I wouldn’t be telling people anything that is not my business as it isn’t my business to tell. Please don’t think this behaviour from them is standard. I’ve never had a bitchy comment from a colleague in 20 years regarding a patient, anyone commenting in passing is usually complimenting how lovely a patient or relative is.

• Heart
  • Haha

Aberscot

Chatty Member
From Dr…..It certainly stuck in my memory because it had never happened to a baby I had been involved in the care of before or since, at any of the neo-natal units I worked at."

Oh look another Dr that states nothing like that had happened before or since, it is just another coincidence??
Amazing nothing like this happens when LL isn‘t working.
I just wish the Dr’s had noticed sooner but i guess no Dr wanted to believe a colleague could be deliberately harming a baby they were supposed to be caring for

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I find the text in the card pretty odd. “Your loved one will be remembered with smiles”. This is a tiny baby who experienced so much suffering in their short life. Not a Nana who’s died in their 80s who filled their life with happy memories. It is tragic and distressing. Not something to look back on and smile about…unless you’ve enjoyed seeing a baby suffer so much.

• Sad
  • Sick

DellaC

VIP Member
Respectfully, and I do intend to stay away because I follow this thread, but once bitten, the reason no one comments here against the general flow is because it's not particularly welcome. That's fine in itself and I'm not really wanting to join in generally, but I don't think it's because everyone now feels the evidence is presented and signed and sealed.

I really don't wanna start shit and didn't intend to comment and probably won't again, but I don't think it's quiet here because it's clear she's guilty. It's gone quiet because people can't be arsed with the aggro.

Peace. This isn't a shit stir, it's just there's no dissenting voices and that is a bit weird in a discussion forum

Anyway I'm going back to NB and the Markles
I don't want to poo in your pocket. I get what you're saying 😉

In all honesty this case is the worst case I have ever read, it brings out my biggest fears about society and it haunts the memories I have of when my newborn was in NICU.

I truly believe she is a monster.

The nature of these crimes, my personal NICU experience (THE STAFF WERE AMAZING but it was traumatic, he was so very vulnerable), and my belief of her guilt do make me feel strongly. I absolutely cannot fathom another side and in all honesty I struggle when I feel people are looking to defend the indefensible. Its a massively emotive subject isn't it?

Having said this I think it's a good job that everyone doesn't feel like me, I would just string her up. Now that wouldn't make for a very democratic society would it?

• Heart

docmum

VIP Member
I think so. But “a number of…” made me think there may be more events than are being covered in the trial?
inevitably there will be a lot more of differing intensities imo, there will be cases that will not have been deemed to have sufficient evidence to stand up in court and thereby could risk the entire case. Once this is over there will me more stories to come.

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
I will say as I've said before professionals are birds of a feather and they stick together and alot of them will not admit when they've got something wrong. Still camp unsure but it's not looking good is it.
There’s sticking together though and there’s a large scale conspiracy between 3 huge organisations (police, nhs and cps) involving hundreds of individuals, and 22 serious charges of murder and attempted murder. Each of the three is so understaffed and underfunded they can barely communicate internally, let alone organise a cover up between them. There’s reasons why I think the evidence might not hold up in some cases, but having worked for two of the three organisations, I just cannot fathom a coverup of this scale* is possible.

*not to say coverups haven’t happened before, but on this scale the chances are vanishingly remote

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
A0C083BE-D785-4895-BDB8-F0AC8657DC8B.jpeg

“A number of further unusual, unexpected and inexplicable events…”
Are there more than just the babies in the trial? Will we see further charges later on?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

stardust1

VIP Member
View attachment 1947747

absofeckinglutely right Dr Evans. About time someone shoved this back at BM. My heart ached reading the article but I did a little air punch at this quote. I’m sure the prosecution have covered it in more technical discussions but having this as a response from a witness is fantastic.
‘not a great deal of research in AE in babies’ stands out to me. I’d guess there was little research because this simply should not happen but here we are at chester and it not just happening once but multiple..

• Sad

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
What’s sad is once they all started to ‘associate her with the incidents’ she worked on the unit for a further 11 months. That’s bad. Those poor babies who died and were hurt after that. The hospital should have taken her off the unit at the suspicions to do a review

• Wow

slingo16

Chatty Member
shsjns
I felt like I wanted to reply because honestly, this thread is just so dismissive and closed off to any other scenarios - to let you know that I am also really open minded about why she did it. The laughing reaction to your post is just so rude.

For what it's worth, I think hearing this name, for whatever reason - has resulted in an emotional response. I think there's some discussion around whether love or fear are the strongest emotions.
Hahaha yeah, I think me and that particular poster got off on the wrong foot, I’m not a troll 😂 I’m a grown man posting on a gossip forum. I don’t know what’s worse actually lol

• Haha

EffingDust

Chatty Member
Mundane detail but I’ll be fascinated to find out how they actually got the police in. Like there has to be an “oh fuck” moment where the bosses realise this is probably a deliberate thing and they have to tell the police.

What happens in that situation? Do you ring 999 and be like “someone might have killed babies a few months ago but not right now?” Do you ring 101 and risk it getting lost between the calls about lost cats and scruffy vans on posh streets?
Do they just call some top Inspector Morse type dude to come in and start looking?

• Haha

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I think her reaction today may have possibly sealed her own fate. I don’t know what “average” person wouldn’t find that reaction, after all the awful things we’ve been hearing that these poor babies suffered and the emotional testimonies from parents and other staff members, to this specific doctor testifying absolutely bizarre. The jury have had to see emotions from everyone bar her when the deaths have been discussed in detail yet her only show of emotion is THIS. Wtf. I was always in the guilty side but this has compounded it for me personally

MmmB777

VIP Member
Sorry I think there is a deep misunderstanding of what an independent expert witness is and their role. He couldn’t have worked with the babies at the time or after death and be independent. Fair enough if you think his findings are wrong that’s a different thing. My understanding is he literally set up neonatal units, so unless a dentist set up oncology wards, I don’t think it’s a fair analogy personally but you’re of course entitled to your opinion. I thought the demands of this case and how stop and start proceedings have been would show quite well how very many expert witnesses would struggle to fit other work around court cases. Particularly practicing hospital work. I can tell you they even struggle to commit to babysitting and grandparent duties 😄 holidays are cancelled and if you say you want different dates you’re told you run the risk of contempt of court and threatened essentially! It’s a well paid gig but it’s not an easy gig. Working around expert witness work whilst having ‘an employer’ would be very difficult.
They play an absolutely vital role to court processes. I think 4 or 5 people peer reviewed the work, one died? Presumably they have a wealth of experience between them too. I think both experts the last few days have given quite solid examples of how their work is very much independent.

• Heart

MmmB777

VIP Member
I think it’s been a strong week for the prosecution. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that she’s 100% guilty of all charges, and sadly so much more…
Absolutely agree. Radiologist, with the study he’s done, the air in the vessels plus all the other signs of pain etc. There is no doubt in my mind. How many impossibly rare natural scenarios can these babies suffer in her presence? To get better and then die when she returns. It’s going to be one of the worst crimes ever committed imo. Tiny babies, in her care, most vulnerable little people I can think of. They worked so hard to survive and should have gone on to be happy little children.

• Sad

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
In fairness, Matalan has 20% off atm and it's limited time only so we can't blame the girl for trying to walk out.

• Haha

chocolatepanda6

I felt really sad for her parents in the write up, possibly yesterday's? When her mum said she was really happy that LL was coming home for Christmas. Not sure what the significance of it was, but it really made me feel for her and what she must be going through at the moment.
Also, the texts she was sending seemed so normal and warm, it's hard to link that with someone who could do these crimes, just doesn't fit together in my head.
She just sounds so dull and unremarkable with her Corrie and her Strictly and Salsa classes and yet what she’s on trial for is so heinous . The amount of texting she does about work is crazy

Reactions: 18