Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tofino

VIP Member
This is the messages she was sending to a colleague about what the mother was wearing, unprofessional and rude regardless
I got the impression she was suggesting the parents had been having sex. With her saying she heard lots of scrambling before appearing in a tiny lacy dress.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

DellaC

VIP Member
I can't see this as anything other than a trophy. And kept under her bed as close as can be all night.

Sick bitch.

Of all the babies she looked after? It just so happens to be related one of those she tried to murder. How many babies would she have 'cared' for over the years? Hundreds? Thousands?

It would be some massive fucking coincidence would it not? Another in a long line?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Weeder

Chatty Member
Respectfully, and I do intend to stay away because I follow this thread, but once bitten, the reason no one comments here against the general flow is because it's not particularly welcome. That's fine in itself and I'm not really wanting to join in generally, but I don't think it's because everyone now feels the evidence is presented and signed and sealed.

I really don't wanna start shit and didn't intend to comment and probably won't again, but I don't think it's quiet here because it's clear she's guilty. It's gone quiet because people can't be arsed with the aggro.

Peace. This isn't a shit stir, it's just there's no dissenting voices and that is a bit weird in a discussion forum

Anyway I'm going back to NB and the Markles

MmmB777

VIP Member
“Thinking of you always” except in my police interview when I can’t remember anything to do with your baby.

This write up says Letby said in her police interview about that card that it was also because she got to know the family so well. Sorry, the mother said that Lucy didn’t have a rapport with parents and was more reserved than the other nurses and then of course her odd behaviour after baby died at the bath.

• Sad
  • Haha

gimmethattea

Chatty Member
So Baby Q is the other baby she had notes for at home.

I wonder if the ‘trophies’ were a later thing, as we haven’t heard about it in earlier cases, or if she did have some and they’ve been lost in the house move?

It seems to be she really stepped up in the later cases. Sending cards, keeping notes and the blood gas reading. As well as suspicions also rising as she was questioning if she had to be worried makes me think her behaviour was more obvious. The methods seem to get worse as they include inflicted trauma too, whereas the cases before are excess milk, air embolus, insulin so less obvious and detectable on a PM. From N onwards we get throat injuries, liver injuries, splintered diaphragm from the sheer volume of air forced in to the stomach.

Baby Q was ready for discharge on the day she had kept notes for, so clearly a well baby, yet suffers a collapse from excess air in the stomach. Bit of a coincidence she has his notes at home for that day.
The whole thing is making me so sad today.
From everything we are hearing, those babies that died should be at home, living happy lives with their families and they aren't. The fact that they seemed well and then Lucy was there.

And I can't imagine how the parents must even feel, not only living it happening when it did, but now, years later, having to relive it all.

I was reading about this case while I was pregnant. I'd never experienced what the parents would have at the time.
Then, I had my son and he was only in NICU for a week, an incubator for the first 2 days and then a nursery for the remainder and that whole week was the worst experience I've ever been through, I still feel so vert raw and sometimes burst into tears now. He was my third, no issues getting pregnant etc and he was so very wanted. Those first two days were agony, where we weren't sure why he's was getting so poorly and he looked like such a poorly baby.

To imagine getting to the end of that week, where we could see him improving and he was well, off a feeding tube and taking bottles which was a small battle, to have him suddenly start collapsing would have broken us. And the thought that it was one of these nurses that you have to place all your trust in was the cause. I'd just lose it completely. Add on top of that the knowledge that the nurse was keeping paperwork from my child, searching me and my family on Facebook...

I cannot believe any more that this is such a long list of coincidences. The prosecution said at the beginning it's about building the picture and this picture is showing me she's guilty. Maybe I'm biased because of my experience, but I can think of how you explain innocence in all this.

• Heart
  • Sad

Tofino

VIP Member
We now have a gallery where I’ve added all the images of the evidence released by CPS

You can also find the images and link to gallery here on the first page of the wiki

64453375-B7D6-47C0-AF96-B98DA6113D98.jpeg

• Heart

riddleme89

VIP Member
I don't find the card particularly odd. In the past we've sent cards from the ward, but then it sounds like relationships were strained so possibly not something they would do. The parents must have told them when the funeral would be, when we've been invited to a funeral and nobody's been able to go, we've sent a card. Maybe other nurses involved that night were able to go and she's the only one who couldn't? In that case I'd think sending a card would be fine.

The comments about the mum wearing a short dress were ridiculous, she's clearly in a separate bedroom with the door closed. But then her college replies 'OMG' so clearly a few of them were bitchy. Also noticed lots more messages sent from others to her talking about work, whereas earlier it seemed she was the one initiating the work chat, so seems they all messaged about it 🤷‍♀️
Sad really because you trust these people and this case has shown how bitchy these nurses are . Imagine being at your most vulnerable just having a baby and the staff are all texting each other about you and how you look what your wearing

… actually makes me physically sick that this goes on I will never trust a nurse again knowing they are talking behind your back

• Sad

DellaC

VIP Member
Excellent points, Just to add to this as another NICU parent it is incredibly frustrating those who claim she is innocent purely on the fact ‘they were in NICU so were ill and going to die anyway’ I find it insulting. There is also the other argument that I saw very few ‘unsure’ posters and it was all either guilty/innocent. Pleading her innocence makes you no better than being in camp guilty. We’d have all been thrown off the jury.

I hope your little one is now doing ok, and glad to hear you thought he was well looked after❤
Oh he's 11 now and a little shit 😂😂

He has Downs Syndrome and Autism, is non verbal and absolutely rules this house. He is hilarious and we are blessed to have him. Thank God he was born when he was, where he was! 💕 He had the very best of care in the early days, think I've mentioned the Dr who would tap his little head after he'd examined him. A small gesture but a caring and reassuring one. I trusted them all completely.

I would've been thrown off the jury. Even if my gob doesn't say it my face does 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 22

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I thought that too, I highly doubt they were tho
But also, even if they were, what is it to do with LL? Their baby was in hospital, their emotions were all over the place and sometimes when you’re in that state and craving that closeness these things do just happen. I’m not saying I think I’d have a quickie in hospital accommodation myself, but I’m sure many people have because of all the raw emotion involved. If that’s what they were doing they won’t be the first and the certainly won’t be the last. It’s literally none of that bitch LL’s business whatsoever.

• Heart

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
How long is a piece of string it feels sometimes.
This case infuriates me now. She’s guilty as sin imho and the stress and upset she is putting everyone through is abysmal.
I know before anyone guns for me the legal process has to be done and this is only MY opinion but I am utterly sick of seeing her face.
Rant over.

• Heart
  • Sad

DellaC

VIP Member
Imagine sitting in a meeting disgussing the possibility that one of your colleagues is murdering innocent babies.

It must've have been quite horrific for them all.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Aberscot

Chatty Member
In WhatsApp messages read to the court, Ms Letby asked a colleague on the afternoon of 14 October if Child I was staying on the unit.

She added: "I'd like to keep her please."

Her colleague, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, replied: "Yes. Staying for now. OK re keeping."

An hour later the colleague messaged: "I've had to re-allocate. Sorry."

Ms Letby said: "Has something happened?"

The colleague replied: "No. Was just asked to reallocate so no one has her for more than one night at a time. Or one shift. Not just night."

Ms Letby responded: "Yeah that's understandable."

Fuck me, that’s sinister.
I wonder if this was because someone was beginning to have suspicions either about LL directly or that someone was deliberately harming babies, trying to make sure the babies were not with one nurse more than one shift at a time.
Her response has something happened, I bet she was beginning to fear she was being found out…
Also I would like to keep her, to me that’s weird too If I was having the shit luck she was supposed to be having I would want the babies that were most stable !

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
If LL is found guilty it will be interesting to hear what comes out about her life (in the press or at sentencing). I wonder if any of it will start to make sense. I can’t imagine what you must have to go through in life to make you think killing innocent newborns is an ok thing to do.

• Sad

gimmethattea

Chatty Member
  • Heart

SnoopySnooper86

Chatty Member
It blows my mind that there's enough babies involved in this case for there to be a baby Q ☹
17 coincidences eh.
Regardless of how shit the hospital may or may not have been, it must be almost statistically impossible to be this implicated/involved in so many suspicious deaths on so many occasions but have nothing to do with it…

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
Fellas! I haven’t read any of the live reporting since it started last week. I was behind on the wiki, I kept putting it off because that last week before they adjourned for Christmas was so messy I had been putting it off. But I’ve finally finished December and now I can start on last week and get it up to date.

I wish Chester Standard were doing live reporting daily still. It was so much easier than trying to piece together daily round up and usually Dan’s Twitter. The daily round up misses a lot.

• Heart

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
Wow that’s really brought a 🚩🚩 for me. Literally just hearing his name & she’s got emotional. Not got emotional once about any of the poor babies so far??? Wtf.
There was either some relationship going on here/obsession from her side & the shock of this Dr being testifying has floored her.
Wow

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
So is this Super Nurse Letby with her laser vision able to see that a baby looks pale and unwell in the dark, from a distance, covered by a canopy? Absolutely not buying it. She knew the baby was unwell because she made her unwell. At this point I feel like she enjoys both the attention and drama surrounding a crash and also being the one who knows before anyone what's wrong with a patient.

• Sad

MmmB777

VIP Member
‘not a great deal of research in AE in babies’ stands out to me. I’d guess there was little research because this simply should not happen but here we are at chester and it not just happening once but multiple..
Yes I’m sure BM has had to have it explained to him before that you can’t go around putting air in babies and seeing what happens 🤦🏻‍♀️ The reason AE doesn’t happen very often at all is because every nurse has it drilled into them how to avoid them and every bit of equipment is designed to ensure it doesn’t happen. If the kind of machinery and treatments these babies were having caused these issues regularly, I would think neonate survival rates would be shocking but I know from speaking to you all on here that this just isn’t the case.
Pink secretions, pain, embolism type mottling, sudden arrest, unusual response to resus, copious air in vessels assessed by expert radiographer- by their spines 😩 The fact that all points to a malicious act and then it just so happens to be the same person that is very often there alone or has just given treatment.
I don’t think you can get more concrete than that imo for this crime. This is before all the added details; searches, note, parent accounts, strange comments, obsessive texts, poisoning, keeping notes, colleagues suspicions.

F1Grid

VIP Member
This is what puzzles me about the 'trophies' like, the house was searched in 2018, by this point she had been suspended hadn't she? Then put on admin duties, surely if guilty you'd know exactly what was going on and would lose the trophies, or even visit your parents with a bag of stuff and leave them there, they wouldn't think twice about them. Seems so odd to leave them in a bag under the bed knowing that an arrest and search is inevitable. Unless they're not trophies and she forgot she had them 🤷‍♀️
I honestly think she thought she'd gotten away with it.

She was put on admin duties in July 2016. Apparently, she put in a grievance about this - this was BM's explanation for the confession post it note, that there were employment issues and a grievance and this was the note's origin.

Operation Hummingbird started 2017, so by this point LL has been on admin duties for almost a year. There's no public announcement that they've found any foul play, and her methods were well concealed bar the insulin. Most of the babies didn't go for PM, and are either cremated or their bodies will be heavily decayed.

By the time the house is searched and she's arrested in 2018, I can see her not thinking she'll get caught.