Lucy Letby Case #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was the same when I was on jury duty, everyday we were made to sit around a big dinning table thing and discuss the case and our notes.
It was the same when I was on the jury too. It was a rape trial. We were allowed to discuss in the jury room as long as all members were present.

Reactions: 6
I’m voting guilty at the moment (subject to terms and conditions, I am open to having my ideas challenged by the defence) and one of the reasons is the Daily Mail podcast. For me, cynically, I think they know this is going to be huge and that she will be found guilty and loads more will come out. I think the podcast will win journalism awards and be the go to source for info for years to come. I just don’t think they would invest in the podcast unless they thought it was going to get them millions of world wide clicks.

Although Tofino’s wiki is the real gold standard.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Hopefully this little break in the case will allow the parents and the jury a couple of days breathing space although I can imagine it’s difficult when it’s drawn out.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I watched The Staircase documentary which had about 10 episodes. It was a fly on the wall type production. I was gripped and watched all the episodes in the same day. I think I went to bed about 2 am. Whilst he protested his innocence throughout deep down I thought he might have done it.
Id like to see more murder documentaries filmed in this way, it gives you a real look into the legal procedures and I don’t think you get that with most other murder docs.
I 100% think he did it, I don’t remember all the details of it but If I remember correctly it came out in one of the later episodes that his first wife had died in very similar circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Id like to see more murder documentaries filmed in this way, it gives you a real look into the legal procedures and I don’t think you get that with most other murder docs.
I 100% think he did it, I don’t remember all the details of it but If I remember correctly it came out in one of the later episodes that his first wife had died in very similar circumstances.
Yes she did which was very coincidental. He also had some strange sexual behaviours and the prosecution tried to say he and his wife had argued about this which is why he did it. It was fascinating and so were the family dynamics and loyalties.

Reactions: 1
I hated jury duty, I knew on one of my cases the guy had done it but the prosecution just didn’t have a strong enough case to make everyone sure to vote guilty. Few years later I saw the accused in the newspaper convicted of a similar crime & it still haunts me.

I really want to see LL’s social media accounts & background info from people who knew her at school uni, etc but I’m a nosy fucker.

Reactions: 12
I watched The Staircase documentary which had about 10 episodes. It was a fly on the wall type production. I was gripped and watched all the episodes in the same day. I think I went to bed about 2 am. Whilst he protested his innocence throughout deep down I thought he might have done it.
The Staircase was gripping indeed

I'm curious though, did anyone else research 'the owl theory' afterwards?

'The Jinx' is another excellent documentary series to binge watch!

Reactions: 5
I found the Staircase documentary so intriguing! The way Americans do things is so incredibly different - I would watch with my mouth hanging open at times - they were so blasé about things. The series with Toni Colette playing the wife was brilliant.

Reactions: 4
The Staircase was gripping indeed

I'm curious though, did anyone else research 'the owl theory' afterwards?

'The Jinx' is another excellent documentary series to binge watch!
YES THE OWL THEORY IS HILARIOUS. Well, for a murderer spouting bullshit, anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haven’t watched the dramatisation one yet but watched the documentary one - honestly had me toing and froing with what to believe! What are the odds of both wives having an untimely end down stairs?

Reactions: 5
It wasn't actually his first wife who died, it was a friend of his (he and his wife adopted her daughters).
He was the last one to see her though.
I absolutely think he's guilty (of the murder of his wife).

Reactions: 8
Oh yeah, you’re right. I feel I need to watch again now to see whether I pick up more from him! Honestly one baffling one!

Really is. He mentions in an early episode that his wife was aware of his bisexuality, and then in the last one he muses on what she would think about it if she knew 🤔

Reactions: 2
Have they said whether court will be resuming today yet or do we have to wait until later to find out? They’ve lost so much time already 😩

Reactions: 1
I’ve been glad of the break, far too much going on this week with Stephen Bear’s trial and the Meghan and Harry show. I can’t keep up!

Reactions: 14
Yeah I agree. I kind of hope they don’t sit today, it would give a nice little break for the families and jurors. They must really need it.

Lucy's trial grinds to a halt just as Bears starts. Things that make you go hmmmm.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.