Lucy Letby Case #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 27 and have never been called for jury. Neither have any of my family or anyone I know.
I've never been called either but my husband has done it 3 times. He was foreman of the jury once. They decided on a guilty verdict.

Reactions: 5
I'm still unsure. I feel like there's some evidence so far which points to guilty but then it's the prosecution's case so that's to be expected and so far I still have a lot of doubt around certain things. Maybe they'll get cleared up by the prosecution or maybe the defence will create more doubt 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I personally think the closing arguements will be very telling. Although it feels like that part is she’s away along with the defence. I don’t think we’ll get much now before new year, esp considering the MSM haven’t picked it up at all, fair trial or not

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend any either fictional films or real life / documentaries with a really gripping court case? I find the whole court thing really intriguing (obv in this LL case it’s really harrowing but the whole prosecution v defence thing still is interesting)

I followed a bit of the Johnny depp Amber heard trial but found it all a bit weird tbh and wasn’t sure what to make of it (even though it seemed like Johnny was the more innocent of the two it seemed super toxic all round)

I’ve heard a bit about the Stephen lawrence

Can anyone recommend any either fictional films or real life / documentaries with a really gripping court case? I find the whole court thing really intriguing (obv in this LL case it’s really harrowing but the whole prosecution v defence thing still is interesting)

I followed a bit of the Johnny depp Amber heard trial but found it all a bit weird tbh and wasn’t sure what to make of it (even though it seemed like Johnny was the more innocent of the two it seemed super toxic all round)

I’ve watched a few things on channel 4 app and channel 5 x

Reactions: 2

Netflix: The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.
Harrowing as it’s about a young boy, but interesting.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

The Staircase, I watched it on Netflix a while ago so it may not be on there anymore. But if you can find it, it’s worth a watch

Reactions: 11
I’ve never been called for jury duty and don’t live in the UK anymore so not a worry for me lol. If I was ever called for it, I would probably just pull my ADHD diagnosis card and say sorry I’m too dumb to listen to all the evidence.
My grandad was on the coroner's jury of the inquest into the new cross fire and it absolutely traumatized him, 13 people died and he had to see horrific things. I really feel for the jury on any murder trial tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
@Appletiser - Evil Angels (A Cry in the Dark). It’s a film based on the disappearance of a 9 week old baby from a campground in Australia, and her parents’ battle to prove their innocence. It turned out the baby was snatched by a dingo - this was in the 80’s, a well-known case.

• Wow

Primal Fear is a bloody good film, can definitely recommend that. If you want one based on real-life events, The Trial of the Chicago 7 is also very good. Pieces of a Woman is an excellent film, although some aspects of it are quite harrowing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
12 Angry Men too, it’s a classic. Also The Accused with Jodie Foster.

Reactions: 6

…Casey Anthony 🫣😵💫 What a case that is, loads of podcasts on it which are of course handy to listen to rather than watch, though am sure there will be docus on YouTube.

I seem to remember the Netflix Amanda Knox documentary from a couple of years ago being interesting. Abducted in Plain Sight too but can't remember how much of that was about the trial, just that the entire thing was NUTS.

I’m 31 and was called up for jury service in the summer for the first time. My dad is in his 60s and has never done it. My mum has only been called once. Thought it was funny because my colleague that I sit next to at work was called the week before me! Although he was never selected in the end so didn’t actually have to serve but what were the chances of us being called up back to back like that?

I was really annoyed because it was a super inconvenient time for me but I did find the experience really interesting and would probably be keen to do it again. I think I said in an earlier thread though my case was only three days but I was absolutely exhausted as it was really mentally demanding. Can’t imagine how difficult this is for the jurors on this case.

Reactions: 11
I was called for jury service a few months after I turned 18, no one in my family has ever been called up! My boyfriend jokes that they must look out for the teachers pets of society because I am such a ‘rule follower’

I was selected for a case with in the first hour of my first day! I was so nervous but I actually found it fascinating. It was a 2 week trial regarding SA

I also love courtroom drama type films/shows (both serious and not so serious - Billy Flynn singing Razzle Dazzle in Chicago anyone?)

Reactions: 6
Not quite what you're asking about but I find the Real Crime Profile podcast really interesting as they analyse a number of documentaries and the crimes they're covering. It's hosted by a former Scotland Yard detective and FBI behavioural analyst. The FBI guy also does Best Case, Worst Case with a former prosecutor. Both give quite interesting insights into the workings behind closed doors in law and courts.

Just in case you're after podcasts as well!

john Grisham books if you like reading/audiobooks!

i had also booked a west end show based in a court room (near Waterloo) before Covid arrived.. did any one see that?

@OldBlondie and @MmmB777 - hope you’re ok 😘

Do you think the six months take into account some illness or cancelled days or will it run on over now?

What happens I’ve never done it or been called, do they all get together each day or week and discuss?

The Stephen Lawrence case is so heartbreaking, and happened less than a mile from where we now live.

I drive past the memorial regularly and there’s always freshly laid flowers. His mother has gone on to do so much incredible work to fight institutionalised racism.

The Damilola Taylor case was also relatively local and horrifically sad. I think there have been programmes on it since, especially about the centre they built in his honour and the Trust in his name.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.