Lucy Letby Case #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On November 5, 2015, Letby searches for the mother of twins Child E and Child F at 11.41pm, then searched for the mother of Child G at 11.44pm and, in the same minute, a search for the mother of Child I.
She's linking these cases herself. This wasn't a long list of parents, it was E/F, G, then I.

For reference, E and F were early august. G early to mid september. I was in late october. And she searched in november.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
She knows exactly her kill and harm count, she needed to revisit the families and the only way to relive was to nosey on their social media’s. I’d love to know her general internal search details. And yes mine is certainly colourful! But I haven’t murdered and seriously harmed a load of babies. I think her search history, if it’s retrievable and I’m sure it must be, will be so interesting.

Reactions: 8
This is horrific, poor baby I, if guilty 4 times she tried to murder her till she finally killed her.
The Facebook searches again to me this isn’t just a coincidence at the same time she was trying to harm another baby she looked up others that she had success with thats beyond sick.
Again this baby was fine when removed from her if only they didn’t return her to that hospital.
I cant imagine being the parents in court sat across from her today 💔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Today’s reporting.
This is one of the first write ups I've read where it seems to lean towards not guilty in terms of how it's written. It's still just reporting the day in court so not technically bias but it feels NG to read, I wonder if that's reflective of the feel in court with this latest lot of evidence? Obviously we're getting snippets but they'll be hearing all of it.

Also,
"He added: 'I can't explain the (two) collapses, but the fact that she recovered so well before she left for Arrowe Park is a marker of clinical wellbeing and, retrospectively, an indicator that the care she had was satisfactory'."

Making a recovery is not an indicator of decent care at all and I'm actually a bit livid he's said that, I think it makes him look a bit tit. This baby recovered well because she was a little fighter and was moved to a better hospital, despite their care not because of it.

Reactions: 5
She's linking these cases herself. This wasn't a long list of parents, it was E/F, G, then I.

For reference, E and F were early august. G early to mid september. I was in late october. And she searched in november.
In the middle of the night again. And of course has no memory of it. She has very little memory of child I at all it seems, which is a bit confusing when at the time she felt compelled to send a sympathy card that she photographed. Another thing we’re offered no explanation for. Quite incredible that the only detail she seems to give is that she had probably spotted something another nurse hadn’t when she refuted that ‘baby I’ needed more help. Baby died a short time after so..how she has the audacity I’m not sure 😖

This stood out too- 30th being the first attack on this baby
C268BC83-5CAA-40B1-8B33-3C0999D993CA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I have been firmly camp G from the start, I still am. But I am struggling with being fully convinced by Baby H. All the other cases so far I could argue my reasons for why I believe she’s guilty, but not her. I think it’s down to the reporting - it’s been really poor for H. Very rushed, disjointed, very much lacking in the detail we’re used to getting with each baby. Even when there’s been no live reporting there’s usually been a strong summary by some of the journalists at the end of the day. There doesn’t seem to be any of that with H. I hope it’s been much stronger in court. I haven’t caught up on the podcast yet so hopefully it will be clearer after that.

Baby I sounds horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
This is one of the first write ups I've read where it seems to lean towards not guilty in terms of how it's written. It's still just reporting the day in court so not technically bias but it feels NG to read, I wonder if that's reflective of the feel in court with this latest lot of evidence? Obviously we're getting snippets but they'll be hearing all of it.

Also,
"He added: 'I can't explain the (two) collapses, but the fact that she recovered so well before she left for Arrowe Park is a marker of clinical wellbeing and, retrospectively, an indicator that the care she had was satisfactory

Making a recovery is not an indicator of decent care at all and I'm actually a bit livid he's said that, I think it makes him look a bit tit. This baby recovered well because she was a little fighter and was moved to a better hospital, despite their care not because of it.
You’ll not be surprised to know that I see it a bit differently.
To me there is reporting on the acknowledgement of sun-optimal care in chest drain management, the butterfly needle being hazardous and the delay in administration of surfactant.
I think Dr Bohin gave a good account of the necessities of emergency medical interventions also explaining that she has never seen an incidence of a misplaced chest drainage tube causing bradycardia and desaturation.
Dr Evans was definitely stretching it as obviously recovery can still happen after poor treatment but then no one seems to be saying the overall standard of care was good, or optimal, just satisfactory. Perhaps if Baby H had died the overall care could be described as poor, or worse, there’s no doubt she was brought back from the brink a couple of times.

C1C619CA-E0FC-4E71-A24E-3808E96A2EEE.jpeg
A4E2B7A3-C831-45E3-A9C3-709677009889.jpeg
6B5A528E-1459-49EC-9681-DF63C3D74610.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I have been firmly camp G from the start, I still am. But I am struggling with being fully convinced by Baby H. All the other cases so far I could argue my reasons for why I believe she’s guilty, but not her. I think it’s down to the reporting - it’s been really poor for H. Very rushed, disjointed, very much lacking in the detail we’re used to getting with each baby. Even when there’s been no live reporting there’s usually been a strong summary by some of the journalists at the end of the day. There doesn’t seem to be any of that with H. I hope it’s been much stronger in court. I haven’t caught up on the podcast yet so hopefully it will be clearer after that.

Baby I sounds horrific.
I think we heard BM being very clever about the positioning of Dr J’s drain and we didn’t hear much run through of events at all. I think BM also had a big run in with Dr Evans again but he stood his ground. Clearly there is little evidence to suggest anything could have caused such an extreme cardiac arrest for this baby and them openly discussing factors in the care that were less than perfect, then giving explanations and reasons why those factors are highly unlikely to cause such a catastrophic resus event show that there isn’t a biased from the experts for me. To say baby recovered from the cpr event well and subsequently AP hospital also found no cause, is rather strong to me and doesn’t sound ridiculous. It’s both hospitals scratching their heads again. The reporting was definitely totally lacklustre for baby H. I wonder if that is reporting restrictions. Letby has some serious bad luck to be there alone with baby H (and of course lots of others in the case). From a statistical point of view (the case is built on SO much more than that) it seems incredibly unlikely that the same person is repeatedly there alone when cpr events were rare before 2015-16 and deaths rare too. It’s a huge factor for these cases, I don’t think it can remotely be chance.
I still expect a few charges to get NG but in my opinion she is guilty as sin for the whole lot and I’d put money on more.
Baby I’s case doesn’t leave a shred of doubt in my mind tbh. There isn’t room for coincidence in what I’m hearing when I think back to other babies and the similarities. There isn’t room for chance when she is giving treatment so often before these events. She inflated this baby, she tortured her.
And all the time there is poisoner 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Definitely agree she’s guilty for the whole lot and more. IMO she’s a monster and I hope she never gets to dance to Eternal Flame by Atomic Kitten, wearing her sequin vest top (from matalan, obvs), drinking a sex on the beach in Popworld ever again.

I just struggle with H on her own. When you add all the other cases of course it screams LL is at work again, and I do hope in court it’s been much clearer. I do believe she’s done it. I would just struggle to argue WHY I believe she’s done it, without saying “it’s the same as…” “it can’t be a coincidence that…” if that makes sense. But I do think (hope?) that’s down to the reporting rather than it being a weaker case. I’ll try to catch up on the podcast later.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Baby I sounds horrific.
I tend to think that Baby H is different as there is no concrete single interpretation of what deliberate harm could have been done. Air embolus, feed/air bolus, insulin poisoning. Just a bit of a vacuum regarding explanation.

Reactions: 3
Definitely agree she’s guilty for the whole lot and more. IMO she’s a monster and I hope she never gets to dance to Eternal Flame by Atomic Kitten, wearing her sequin vest top (from matalan, obvs), drinking a sex on the beach in Popworld ever again.

I just struggle with H on her own. When you add all the other cases of course it screams LL is at work again, and I do hope in court it’s been much clearer. I do believe she’s done it. I would just struggle to argue WHY I believe she’s done it, without saying “it’s the same as…” “it can’t be a coincidence that…” if that makes sense. But I do think (hope?) that’s down to the reporting rather than it being a weaker case. I’ll try to catch up on the podcast later.
Completely see what you mean. I couldn’t get a grip on baby H at all because of the reporting. I think though the jury will be directed to see the charges in relation to each other, as they were in the Bev A case. Of course she still got off a couple of charges and I bet the victims felt/feel a huge sense of injustice 😞

Reactions: 4
Is someone able to create a poll and a new thread?
I’ll do it now 😊

---

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.