Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lucysuga

Dunno why but this worry over the trial reminded me of poor little Poppi Worthington. Everyone knows that evil man did it and what he did but police didnt follow correct procedures when collecting evidence (or something like that) so he is a free man to this day.
That was another one from my hometown, the police really messed that one up! throwing away evidence, not checking or taking photos of certain things they should have done!

• Sad
Reactions: 2

stardust1

VIP Member
For something as heinous as this, if they found her not guilty and decided she’d been entirely wrongly accused I think they’d have to entertain the idea of a new identity for her if she wanted it. Just given the sheer level of what she’s been publicly accused and linked with over and over.

Imagine if hypothetically they throw the case out next week, how many people on this thread can truly say they’d believe she was innocent? She’d be at risk of so much, much more than someone accused of an “ordinary” murder.

(don’t think it’s going to happen, hypothetical situation to answer the question).
I don’t think I could 100% say she’s innocent. Didn’t Rebecca Leighton get her name changed?

Reactions: 1
There are 3 attempted murder charges for Baby G so the monitor situation wouldn’t affect the other 2. If this 3rd attempt was kept in the trail surely the jury would have the option of finding her not guilty on this charge but still guilty on the other 2?
I think the worry will be that it will start to sway the jury.

If they’ve found something to back up what that nurse said then that’s a basically disaster for the prosecution because so many of the charges are based on narrowing down to LL always being there at the time and anything that undermines that on one charge undermines them all especially if it makes it look like they didn’t look properly (ie missed a report or a note about the monitor). It might be better for them to say “no, we’re dropping this one, hands up we made a mistake” rather than leave it in and let the defence have an absolute field day over it.

• Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I'm a little concerned this might trigger a mistrial. I feel like it's a pretty big thing that the opening statement is no longer accurate.
I’m so far behind on everything, can anyone please explain how/why the opening statement is no longer accurate? Or which particular parts of the opening statement aren’t accurate?

stardust1

VIP Member
What about holidays? Are you exempt from jury duty if you had something already in place?

• Wow

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Hope everyone's had a good Xmas and new year.
Listened to the daily mail podcast for the first time over the past few days. It's made me even more unsure. I can't remember each baby but one incident was LL's first block of nights since the previous incident 6wks prior which is concerning. Yet with baby G they said she'd been diagnosed with reflux, yet I'm sure I read that the vomiting wasn't normal for her? So conflicting!
I still have plenty to get through, but there is so much more information and context.

Also.. have I been pronouncing 'insulin' wrong my whole life? I've never heard the 'sh' sound in the word before!

struggs123

Chatty Member
Hypothetically if she pleaded guilty would the trial resume or would that be it and the judge already has the info needed to sentence? Or if she were to plead guilty to just some would it need to be restarted?

Does seem odd to say 'may' resume, if they can continue with 9 jurors surely there's a point they take the risk and carry on?

tay65

Chatty Member
There's been so much indication of sub optimal care and poor management and not deliberate harm by LL but when she moved to clerical duties it makes you wonder if the sub optimal care was no longer a problem and NICU performed well.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Have they said whether court will be resuming today yet or do we have to wait until later to find out? They’ve lost so much time already 😩

SnoopySnooper86

Chatty Member
I don’t work in healthcare but surely for something this big of a fuck up there should be a paper trail, even if it’s a text or email. Something isn’t adding up. Maybe I’m paranoid but I like keeping my audit trails plus my memory is shocking.

edit - @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain we posted at the same time but pretty much same thought!

• Heart