Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Presumably the nurse that has given more detail on the monitor felt the baby was stable enough to go and care for a different child at the time Letby is then with this baby when it has stopped breathing, behind a screen. And the two doctors not only missed every usual protocol they’d follow regarding monitors and handing over to a nurse or there was no nurse there but also missed signs that the cannulation had caused the baby enough issues for it to need resuscitation and stop breathing altogether. Letby relying on such a serious amount of unusual mistakes again to prove her innocent role in everything and that her being with this baby again whilst it has these episodes is just down to chance, along with all the other events and like she says it is “luck of the draw”.

Was trying to work out the timeline of her arrests again last night and saw that originally the hospital stated they were investigating a high amount of deaths from March 2015 to July 2016. Found that interesting as the charges are June to June. Made me go back to baby A and reminded that the consultant said a group of clinicians had already had discussions about the correlation with Letby but had no hard evidence and were told to not make a fuss. I wonder if the hospital bosses will be called at some point.

“The consultant said that around the time of Child A’s inquest a group of clinicians had begun to raise concerns to hospital bosses about the “association we had seen with an individual being present in those situations and, how do I say diplomatically, being told we really should not really be saying such things and not to make a fuss”.

Dr Jayaram added: “It is a matter of regret that had I suggested this, and it could have been happening, I didn’t really have any hard evidence apart from the association we had seen. And it is a matter of regret and I wish I had been more courageous.”
Surely the inquest would have been months or even more than a year after the death, so doesn't necessarily there was anything prior to A causing concerns. Do we know when it was?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I am still on the guilty side. I personally just don’t believe in all these ‘coincidences’

ps who the actual hell is your profile pic🤣
Sid Mitchell aka Lisa Mitchell aka the Camborne bike. Lol not sure if you've seen the name Marcus Mitchell mentioned on here before but it's his mom lmao.

candyland_

VIP Member
You don’t need a managers say so to report. Staff can do it themselves and it will generate an email to the appropriate line manager.
In the spirit of ‘no blame’ and ‘learning opportunities’.
I know but who’s to say they took any reports seriously? The ward doesn’t seem to care.

stardust1

VIP Member
This is why I really liked the Harold Shipman doc series the BBC put out that someone recommended on here: no needless dramatising, just an in-depth look at what happened and how he went undetected for so long. It's on iPlayer and well worth a watch. It made me hope that if LL is found guilty the BBC cover the inevitable documentary.
I will look into that thanks. I often find a lot of the documentaries have been twisted for entertainment purposes and I can’t help think how it would feel to watch stuff like that about your family.

daisy2809

VIP Member
Hey everyone I’ve not been on since the end of November - can anyone do a tldr of how long is expected to be left of the hearings etc? Thanks x

Emzykins

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to the last episode of the podcast yet?
They discuss the nurse changing her statement. It says the nurse didn’t speak much with LL about the monitor, but that she encouraged her to report it. But that she was also so concerned she reported it to the NICU manager herself.

It then clarifies the 2 doctors and the ward manager have said none of them have any recollection of this (the apology and the report) happening.
I'm late to the party but can I ask which podcast this is? I'd love a listen while I'm WFH!!

tay65

Chatty Member
Oh where is this Shangri-La where people retire at 55?
Nurses are able to retire at 55 without penalty to their pension. I think this may have now changed but previously they could. Also police and firefighters although I'm not sure whether this has changed as well.

slingo16

Chatty Member
Hdhdhebns
yes. He’s on trial for voyeurism and sharing sexual images without content. He uploaded a video of him and Georgia Harrison (from Love Island) having sex in his garden (from his cctv) to OnlyFans, without her consent. To make money from it. Serious crime but Bear’s behaviour this week has been astonishing! A tattler even went to court today so there was some inside goss!

Jury should retire to begin deliberations on Monday but it’s pretty clear cut so I’m not expecting it to take long to reach a verdict.

I will say, after following Letby’s trial for 9 weeks so far, it’s blown my mind how quick this trial has been!
Not Georgia the one who kept going on about how loyal she was? and then her fella came back from casa amor with kaz

stardust1

VIP Member
she's been a liar for years so I fully think she just has no concept of reality or what she is putting the other people through, the poor guy she accused before all this has made several suicide attempts after he lost his relationship and job over it.
Ah that’s awful. What do her family think?