Lucy Letby Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few pages back so I have not caught up yet. But could she have been using a fake profile account on fb. And even maybe made friends with the parents. Maybe this is how she was able to view the profiles.
I read something saying she was in 14 facebook groups related to prem/sick babies

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I definitely don’t think she’s attractive. I think she’s rather plain and gorky looking. I think when people say ‘did she get away with it because she’s attractive’ they mean she’s white, blonde, slim.

From the pictures I’ve seen she actually looks quite awkward looking, like the girl at school who did well, but no-one fancied.
yeah I don’t think she’s absolutely minging like, just a plain and Gorky like u say. its the media it makes a better headline dont it

Reactions: 3
Can someone who works in a hospital answer this....if there's an unexpected death doesn't it make it even more important that all paperwork pertaining to the patient is filed properly and retained? If a child died I'd expect that ALL paperwork would be retained, without exception. I can't imagine a situation where a nurse would take home any paperwork in that situation as it would be crucial to ensure it's retained so that there's a clear audit trail. I just can't imagine a child dying and being careless with paperwork (if that ends up being her defence in regards to paperwork being at her home address)
You’re right however I think she took a handover sheet home? Which isn’t actually part of a patient’s notes. Every unit is different in how they do handover, but typically in ICU you get handover for your patient only. Some Nurses write this down, or sometimes it’s printed out for them. So it’s just a cheat sheet of info, that you carry with you on shift and dispose of in the confidential waste at the end of shift. But easy to forget to empty your pockets after an awful day when you’re in a rush to leave. (Not excusing her, just can see it from both sides)

Reactions: 7
She’s coming across as very interfering. It sounds like she was constantly involving herself in the care of babies that had nothing to do with her and then not doing what was asked of her by senior staff. Did she think she knew best and thought of herself as superior?
When I worked at M&S there was someone like this miss perfect always interferin, turns out she was on the Rob loading up gift cards!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I can’t understand how these deaths continued for over a year. So far the deaths and collapses have happened very close together and they all had concerning rashes but nothing was said? No staff meetings or staff room chatter?
There must have been but we've got months to go yet.

bleeping hell :( That's so bad!! Someone's getting sacked.
It was only a Christian name as far as I saw. Almost a zero chance of finding the family from that.

Reactions: 5
There must have been but we've got months to go yet.

It was only a Christian name as far as I saw. Almost a zero chance of finding the family from that.
tbh it is pretty useless saying can’t publish their names they are still easily available with 1 google search

Reactions: 6
People make up some proper random tit🤣I cannot get on board with this whole theory either as I believe if they wanted rid of her there would be so many ways to do that.
If there’s any evidence of her blowing the whistle on senior management I would say it’s an excellent defence for her.

as I say, let’s see if any evidence of this occurs….

Reactions: 12
Another thing the notes not written up on the day of care- this happens a lot but you have to document exactly when the care was given and document that the records are written in retrospect from nursing notes made on whatever date. Obs and meds have to be signed off at the time of being done. Where I worked handovers were never just patient initials, often we had patients with the same initials. It was always both names. Yes you are meant to get rid of them in confidential waste at end of shift but human nature sometimes after a busy shift u forget xx

Reactions: 1
Why in a police interview did she ask did they have the bag feed .
wierd thing to ask was she worried they had evidence .
Equally… if you were innocent you could ask if they’ve got the bag still so her own legal team could get it inspected too.

I'm not sure we heard verbatim what was said so I personally wouldn’t draw anything from it - yet….

Reactions: 3
What would be interesting would be to know the key words used for internet searches.
I’m also interested in the text to the other nurse about how being in the room with a live baby would support her mental health.
That’s a weird thing to say 😳

Hey everyone, I've literally only joined tattle because of this case, seems to be the most active place discussing this case. I'm interested in it because I'm a healthcare professional (band 8a), lecturer in my field and on a national advisory group within my profession and I'm a mother and I just cannot believe that in this day and age with all our safe guarding in place this could still happen. I'm on maternity leave at the moment so probably just have too much time on my hands.

These are my thoughts so far.... So far the opening prosecution is quite damning. A lot of rather suspicious coincidences, there is only so far coincidences can go before they demonstrate a viable pattern of something. I'm pretty strict at work around information governance and patient confidentiality so the idea that notes have ended up at home is massively concerning but yeah it is easily done unfortunately... I personally don't know anyone who has stalked any patients on facebook, that seems to me a big breach of professional standards so I really recommend not doing that if you are btw!

The whole idea of scapegoating frankly is ridiculous. It may be that many of you don't know how it works legally but what would happen in that case is this. If a single member of staff is found to be negligent then the hospital is sued as a result as they are your employer. However, if the hospital believes it to be the work of one individual then they can sue that individual which is why as a healthcare professional you need your own indemnity insurance, my union provides it to me as long as I work in the NHS. That is how the hospital would have weeded out someone and made them a scapegoat. Murder has an extremely high bar compared to negligence. It makes no sense for them to try and weed her out like this. There must be enough compelling evidence for such a long case and such a huge number of charges. I unfortunately doubt she is innocent... I've seen bullying in every single hospital I have worked in, burnout would have got to her before a murder charge. I also find it strange there are supposedly those defending her who she worked with but it's her colleagues albeit the doctors who were suspicious of her in the first place and other nurses that supposedly found her with babies who were not in her care.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
On the back of my last comment I forgot to add, I’m guilty of a fb stalk, not in a personal sense, but definitely a true crime sense. Morbid curiosity, I guess? I was guilty of it during the star Hobson case, and I actually had a guy on my fb who killed another bloke, and when I realised who it was, when the lincolnite names him, I went too look.. so i guess stand it alone and it’s not really proof of anything. But I do like the pencil theory mentioned in one of these threads, can’t remember who it was, sorry.

Reactions: 4
So a slight argument there could be she was checking in on the agency staff patients? Sometimes, you do get agency you have to keep an extra eye on (not slating, I occasionally agency myself the NHS can’t cope without them). If agency are there a lot, could this explain why no other staff members were there as much as LL? Did she pick up loads of bank?
They could use it as an argument but the agency staff had experience on the unit and many had worked there previously, knowing NHS staff nurses by name. There may have been the odd few who were less familiar with the unit and looked up to staff nurses but I don't know the stats.

Reactions: 2
My initial thoughts, and maybe some HCPs could shed some light on this, is that the prosecution are saying LL was a constant, which means the other staff members for each incident would vary. I’ve no idea how big these teams are. So for example, these first 5 babies, could they have each had a different senior medic respond (not sure what role, excuse my ignorance) so whilst that individual doctor may think something was unusual, they may not be privy at that stage about the other cases so there wouldn’t initially be any concern?

I’m wondering who at the hospital would oversee the whole department and look at all deaths and serious incidents and should be alert to unusual trends?

i don’t mean to belittle the case by this comparison but in my old role as a CS manager, I would review all complaint cases but probably on a monthly basis. It might not be until a few months I could spot a particular trend. Who would be the equivalent in the hospital. And if the hospital had significant failures, then what processes fell short to pick up on these incidents - whether it was Lucy harming them or some other cause.
I don’t know how many beds the unit has but for example, a 15 bedded ICU in my Trust has about 50 band 5s, 12 band 6s and 10 band 7s. So you can go weeks without working with the same person.

Medical teams are a lot smaller but they do their rotas differently, often 4 shifts in a row then a few days off rather than sporadic shifts, so very possible it was a different Dr each time. But there is a group of consultants at the top of the unit who incidents would be fed up to. And usually all incident reports are sent to the 6s/7s (for info, as they are meant to be learning opportunities not just tellings off) and then dealt with by 1 or 2 dedicated Nurses, being sent up to trust management if deemed necessary for further investigation.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Equally… if you were innocent you could ask if they’ve got the bag still so her own legal team could get it inspected too.

I'm not sure we heard verbatim what was said so I personally wouldn’t draw anything from it - yet….
I agree. I think her defence will rip that comment up because it really doesn't imply guilt.

Reactions: 1
On the back of my last comment I forgot to add, I’m guilty of a fb stalk, not in a personal sense, but definitely a true crime sense. Morbid curiosity, I guess? I was guilty of it during the star Hobson case, and I actually had a guy on my fb who killed another bloke, and when I realised who it was, when the lincolnite names him, I went too look.. so i guess stand it alone and it’s not really proof of anything. But I do like the pencil theory mentioned in one of these threads, can’t remember who it was, sorry.
Pencil theory?

Reactions: 2
As they’ve obviously been all over her digital life I am curious what her search history is like. That’s got to be revealed in due course. It certainly adds to the whole picture. Much like SB’s google searches for Star Hobson.

Yes, I know I Google a lot (a lot of crime) but I certainly have never googled certain things like “will x y z kill …” or whatever. So let’s see what she has!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.