Lucy Letby Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One other thing I want people to be aware of is the court reporters.

Be careful as they are not always accurate. Some live Tweeting and thereby condensing information.

May have miss heard or misinterpreted something.

Some don’t do shorthand so miss things.

The only true record is a trial transcript which has been signed off as true and, in some cases, can cost over £1500 to obtain.

Reactions: 12
Granada live from court, reporting she was attending to these poor babies when she wasn’t assigned to them! That is crucial to the prosecution, she wasn’t supposed to be looking after them, in the room with them, ever! But every time she was, they got sick or died 💔
It's odd , she seems to have went out of her way for particular babies

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Someone asked on websleuths and its a good point. Isn't it a bit weird the wide variety of methods she's meant to have used? Don't killers normally find a method and stick to that?

Reactions: 12
It's odd , she seems to have went out of her way for particular babies
See when I've been on shift if I've had a stable patient and another member of staff has been struggling with their patient. I've gone into help ,I like to be busy I don't see it as interfering thats just my nature and I like to lighten the load of others. It's making me think maybe I'm too helpful and that could be twisted.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
This whole case is absolutely heartbreaking. I genuinely don’t get the whole ‘she looks innocent’, I may be looking at her based on what she’s standing trial for but her photo gives me the shivers.

As a nurse yes there are things you are MEANT to do such as certain meds being signed for by two nurses but when it’s busy and you trust who you’re working with, often nurses won’t even look or watch what has been drawn up or added to an Iv and will just counter sign. The whole thing about her attending to other baby’s who weren’t in her direct care also is something normal as often you will help your colleagues over breaks or if they’re busier than you to help them out. The Facebook stalking again I think a lot of nurses do this especially as often we are so short staffed we genuinely go home in a
panic thinking omg is that patient/family okay. We are so short staffed and over worked it is hard to switch off.
I do think that there is a lot more to come out from this trial though and my gut instinct is she is guilty. I’ve often been torn about the use of cctv in health care as you couldn’t have them in patient areas for confidentially so a nurse could easy mix an Iv in an area with cctv but then add something behind the curtain in a patient area. I do see though how it could protect both staff and patients.
I just want to add I may have got this wrong as there was a lot on this list to catch up on but the poster who had social service due to their child ingesting an antibiotic. Yes ‘most’ antibiotics are harmless but the point is the child ingested something not meant for them. What if this had been a strong opioid or even something like ecstasy? I think in this case social services were right to contact you. Just cos you were innocent doesn’t mean to say a child in a similar situation isn’t at risk. Again I do apologise if I have missed the explanation for this. I think social workers and health visitors get a bad rap for doing their jobs at times xx

Reactions: 35
One other thing I want people to be aware of is the court reporters.

Be careful as they are not always accurate. Some live Tweeting and thereby condensing information.

May have miss heard or misinterpreted something.

Some don’t do shorthand so miss things.

The only true record is a trial transcript which has been signed off as true and, in some cases, can cost over £1500 to obtain.
Thank you for this. I’ve noticed condensing of information when I’ve tried to keep up with the live threads today & the difference in reporting via a few outlets. Not a criticism & I’ve had a days annual leave so been able to follow. Won’t be able to do that any time soon again. So I will probably rely on the condensing of info, & try remind myself of that. But it’s a very good point. We are still only hearing the opening statement of the prosecution. I’m anticipating a few twist & turns as to my own opinion re guilty or not guilty. This is a SIX MONTH trial. It’s going to be a hell of a lot of information. I’ve done jury service which resulted in the person charged been jailed for 20yrs. It’s not an easy task by any means. The nature of what you hear & what you don’t wish you had heard. The prosecutor & defence KC’s had worked on very high profile cases known to the UK public. You can’t begin to draw an opinion at this stage. The judge will always refer back to if you have any doubt in his summing up.

Reactions: 7
Someone asked on websleuths and its a good point. Isn't it a bit weird the wide variety of methods she's meant to have used? Don't killers normally find a method and stick to that?
Most of the time they do, bur some have 'mixed it up'. IF LL is guilty, I'd presume the varying methods used were either to avoid detection by just using one method, or she just 'enjoyed' sabotaging, or a combination of both.

Reactions: 10
No.

They use what they have to hand or familiar with.

But sometimes they like to experiment, see how close to death they can get someone.

Or simply try different methods so they think they won’t get caught.

Reactions: 15
What’s possibly going to emerge in this is trial is how/why the police managed to get a warrant to dig up her own back garden. Clearly there was some suspicion or evidence pointing to something in the garden.

Perhaps something happened in her life like a relationship/infertility/miscarriage something traumatic relating to babies, or perhaps a traumatic childhood. I saw a mention of adoption?

Stemming from some kind of personality disorder with Maunchesons as you mentioned, but a life event that triggered the killings.

I haven’t seen any knowledge of her body language or emotion in reports.
Is there any sketches photos from within the courtroom or is it totally closed off from the press?

Do you think she's guilty?
I have absolutely no idea. And I don’t think we will ever know the truth because we wasn’t there. Even if she was to full on admit it, I’d still be questioning. But, that’s me, I question everything. As they say: don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see 💕

This is confusing me. Operation Hummingbird has cost millions and this job advert makes me wonder if theres more to come out. I did wonder if she was part of a 'cult' or 'ring' with other nurses worldwide but that might sound a bit far fetched and I'm overthinking this job advert.
NOTHING is far fetched anymore…..

Reactions: 4
My heart sank over baby G, I was holding out hope that once the baby had survived the alleged attack that no long term irreversible disabilities would of occurred.

Am assuming that the prosecution isn't blind to the burning question of why it took so long to act, investigate ect.

Given how strongly its been stated these babies had visible mottled skin and were harder to resuscitate, as they've pinned a lot of there argument on how rare and unusual these situations are without foul play involved. It would make sense to get in front of the question before defence open

Reactions: 3
They screwed up by naming a baby. Could they have been prevented from reporting after such a monumental mistake?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This whole case is absolutely heartbreaking. I genuinely don’t get the whole ‘she looks innocent’, I may be looking at her based on what she’s standing trial for but her photo gives me the shivers.

As a nurse yes there are things you are MEANT to do such as certain meds being signed for by two nurses but when it’s busy and you trust who you’re working with, often nurses won’t even look or watch what has been drawn up or added to an Iv and will just counter sign. The whole thing about her attending to other baby’s who weren’t in her direct care also is something normal as often you will help your colleagues over breaks or if they’re busier than you to help them out. The Facebook stalking again I think a lot of nurses do this especially as often we are so short staffed we genuinely go home in a
panic thinking omg is that patient/family okay. We are so short staffed and over worked it is hard to switch off.
I do think that there is a lot more to come out from this trial though and my gut instinct is she is guilty. I’ve often been torn about the use of cctv in health care as you couldn’t have them in patient areas for confidentially so a nurse could easy mix an Iv in an area with cctv but then add something behind the curtain in a patient area. I do see though how it could protect both staff and patients.
I just want to add I may have got this wrong as there was a lot on this list to catch up on but the poster who had social service due to their child ingesting an antibiotic. Yes ‘most’ antibiotics are harmless but the point is the child ingested something not meant for them. What if this had been a strong opioid or even something like ecstasy? I think in this case social services were right to contact you. Just cos you were innocent doesn’t mean to say a child in a similar situation isn’t at risk. Again I do apologise if I have missed the explanation for this. I think social workers and health visitors get a bad rap for doing their jobs at times xx
I agree have had minimal dealings with them myself and didn’t mind coz they were actually doing their job but a lot of people slip thru the net 😔

Reactions: 1
She’s coming across as very interfering. It sounds like she was constantly involving herself in the care of babies that had nothing to do with her and then not doing what was asked of her by senior staff. Did she think she knew best and thought of herself as superior?
I agree it appears she seemed to always be getting involved, or was the unit failing and she was just always there recognising deterioration?

Reactions: 6
Can someone who works in a hospital answer this....if there's an unexpected death doesn't it make it even more important that all paperwork pertaining to the patient is filed properly and retained? If a child died I'd expect that ALL paperwork would be retained, without exception. I can't imagine a situation where a nurse would take home any paperwork in that situation as it would be crucial to ensure it's retained so that there's a clear audit trail. I just can't imagine a child dying and being careless with paperwork (if that ends up being her defence in regards to paperwork being at her home address)

Reactions: 10
I agree it appears she seemed to always be getting involved, or was the unit failing and she was just always there recognising deterioration?
It seems unlikely that she would be there for every case while others were there on no more than 7 occasions.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.