Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Surprised how many are defending Lucy on here and also on Twitter. Presumably because she looks like your average girl next door and she’s english, white, pretty etc.
I’m sure it’s probably hard for people to accept that not all child murderers and psychopaths are men.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just as a quick heads up to explain a difference in terminology.

NG - Nasogastric Tube. This is where liquid feed is delivered to the stomach through a tube which sits in the nose.

TPN - Total Parenteral Nutrition. This is where a solution of nutrients is delivered via a cannula or line, intravenously, directly to the bloodstream.

It's quite a crucial difference and would change the significance of facts depending on how nutrition was being delivered.

Reactions: 35

Squittel

VIP Member
Anyone else just feeling more and more sick as they read?

I want to hug my daughter extra close tonight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Squittel

VIP Member
The Facebook searching is creepy but at the same time (if there wasn’t other evidence supporting the prosecution) I kind of get it. I’m one of those people who does look people up sometimes. There’s a girl I went to college with who died very traumatically. It made the news. In fact, I found out via the news and she had such an unusual name that the minute I heard it my blood ran cold. I didn’t know her that well, but we were acquaintances - went to the pub with her and a group of us a few times. Even now, 15 years later I still occasionally check her parents facebooks to see how they are doing. Is that weird? I just think of her sometimes and her family because it was so awful.

veevee04

VIP Member
“In November 2020, Letby was asked by police about a handover sheet relating to Child B found at her home address in a search.” this throws major red flags! BA took home the allocation book. Was LL trying to hide something?
For me this doesn't raise red flags, I've accidentally taken home a few handover sheets when tired after 12.5 hour shifts . I normally take it in when I'm next in and pop it in the confidential waste but I can see how someone can forget.

Octopies

Chatty Member
The thing that gets me (of course aside from the appalling deaths and attempted murders) is that we are all so trusting when we have a loved one in hospital, we just put everything in the hands of the professionals and assume they are doing their best - thank god they usually are - but in this tiny 1% case like this it really makes you think about the times you have leaned on the professionals and how vulnerable you are as a patient / parent of a patient etc. When your child is in NICU you have no choice than to put blind faith into those around you. It just makes the details all the more disgusting if true.

• Sad
Reactions: 33

riddleme89

VIP Member
At 9pm mum walked in on letby and blood was coming from babies tube I think it said . she Sent the mother back up and didn’t put that in the notes . Phone records show the mum rang her husband as she was worried .

doesn’t exactly look great

ive worked on extremely busy wards for 12 hours my daily notes have always been done exactly how the day happened for each patient . I know how much the notes are important any health professionals will tell you the same . So the fact she decides not to write that down is dodgy . Especially when it’s not a normal thing to happen . You would want to cover your own back if anything

Last edited:
Reactions: 32

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
I’m chuckling that people will accept a midwife seeing your fanny in all its glory, but a picture on your public Instagram of you on your summer holidays somewhere is wrong.

I’m being facetious I swear- not arguing with you (your view is just as valid)…it just made me chuckle!
Seeing your “fanny” is part of their job in helping you give birth. Looking you up on social media is not related to their work and unprofessional.

• Angry
Reactions: 31

yellowboat

[
I’m horrified at the thought that it’s not uncommon for nurses to look up patients on Facebook! Maybe they all need to think twice now it’s being used as evidence against Lucy for a murder trial.
On the flip side, patients & their parents have looked me up on social media.. even added me! So now I’m names slightly different and profiles are locked down as much as I can.

Reactions: 30

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Yep lots of people and not just lying because how is physical evidence explained - did they go back and change all the rotas to make it look like it was only Lucy on shift when it wasn’t? Did they hack her pc to look up the families on Facebook?
The police have been investigating for years. They would probably uncover something like that unless they are suggesting the police are in on it too. Quite frankly I think it’s ridiculous. Tell me how the hospital might get away with making her a scapegoat and I’ll listen but so far there is no explanation.
Also why would the police conspire with the hospital against one woman? If there was multiple people involved it would have been leaked already and not every person involved could keep up with such a lie. Do I think doctors and administrators lied and deflected to save their backs when all of this was brought to light? Yes. But do I think they’re the reason the children are dead? Absolutely not. Lucy was arrested numerous times for a reason and her back garden was dug up for a reason too. She is also the only one charged and now sitting on trial nearly 5 years later for a reason too. This isn’t a conspiracy. Everything about those babies deaths led back to Lucy and they clearly know much more that will come out soon, hence why the trial is going to be nearly two months.

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
I guess if it’s in a public forum it’s public information 🤷‍♀️
It absolutely is - people don't realise that anything they post on Facebook is owned by meta, not them. If you don't want social services coming knocking then you only have to not a selfish parent and put your children first. It's not hard. If anyone came to mine and said "we've seen you on Facebook with X and they are a risk" I'd be grateful for the heads up so I could keep my child safe from them. ANYWAY, back to the matter at hand... I feel sick waiting for what will be heard today 😔

Zulusam

A slight tangent but I binge watched the Netflix series “I am a murderer” (something like that name anyway) and it really made me think about rushing to judge. Hard in this case but there it is. It begins with the murderer giving their version. Then you get the investigator / detectives version, and the families version. And I switched so quickly it was scary. One man was serving life / no parole for “accidentally” shooting his girlfriend whilst fiddling with their guns after going hunting. He then shot half his own face off trying to commit suicide. I actually felt sorry for this man! He seemed heartbroken and devastated by what he has done.
But then you get the other side of the story and wow I felt a right idiot! Because he was just a liar. Everything he said was basically a twisted warped untruth. Even his friend couldn’t understand it.
I felt like the most inadequate judge of character. And he wasnt the only one I initially felt bad for, then realised that there are always at least two versions of every event. What I’m trying to say is it will be interesting to hear both sides. And I’m going to try super hard not to rush before I’ve heard both. As much as it seems ridiculous this could be anything else……
I hope finally one day these poor poor families get the answers they must desperately need.

Reactions: 29

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
If acquitted no doubt her devoted supporters will set up a gofundme to pay the bill.

Depending which way she decides to play it she could go into hiding and start a new life just pleased all the bills are paid off, or she may go down the lucrative sob story side. 'My side of the story' interviews, a book deal, documentary etc.

Reinvent herself as the wronged angelic nurse whose life has been ruined.
Heaven forbid this for the poor families involved.
I mean if she truly is innocent then I don't think I'd begrudge her trying to rebuild her life financially with things like that. What other choice would she have? She's hardly going to be able to work in her profession anymore even if she is acquitted.

Dexy

VIP Member
Is it wise to make comments on an ongoing case, legally speaking? I guess if it’s your family it would be hard to bite your tongue.

I know some of these fb warriors are dismissed as trolls/fakes but genuine or not, the poster makes the point I keep coming back to (second screenshot) which is this investigation seems very painstakingly done; that’s evident from the amount of charges against her, especially those repeat ones for the same baby - suggests they’ve gone through the evidence with a fine tooth comb. Imagine being law enforcement on this case, you’d like to think they’d work especially hard on getting this right given the grievous circumstances.
I have mentioned here before I know someone who is involved in the case.
The police have been gathering evidence for ages. It has been painstakingly done because I was told that they need to make sure every single child is accounted for. The evidence is strong and they want to throw the book at her.
More sick details will probably come out. I have been told snipets that I cannot repeat here but convinced me she is one mentally damaged lady.

• Sad
  • Wow

gummy-bear

VIP Member
My thoughts go out to the jury. My friend was on the jury for another very high profile case which included infant death and she had to get therapy afterwards. She was young and was thinking of starting a family with her boyfriend and found the whole thing traumatising

• Sad

RattyBumBum

Following this thread as I’ve been following along with this case for a while now due to her working where my children where born (years before this).

I know it’s only day 2, but I do think this is about to get much worse what we will hear. The CPS and police will have only brought this to court being absolutely sure of conviction and the evidence to support. I do think there will be a ‘bombshell’ moment; that comes out that connects all the victims/give her a motive.

Also From reading online I understand her Lawyer is particularly excellent (apparently) and I’m glad. The role of a defence is not to prove a person innocent, but to defend and prove the prosecution evidence to be wrong. I believe -that in law, however emotive a case is, there should be the strongest defence possible, so that if a conviction is secured, it’s harder to overturn and is beyond reasonable doubt. You really dont want trials like this to fall apart due to defence failings and someone who is guilty gets away with it.

Terrible case for all concerned, sending prayers to the families and victims. (who are the most important people in all of this)

• Heart

cantinfluenceme

I’m horrified at the thought that it’s not uncommon for nurses to look up patients on Facebook! Maybe they all need to think twice now it’s being used as evidence against Lucy for a murder trial.
I used to work for a high street bank and we used to regularly look up our regular customers on Facebook on our lunch break and have a good laugh at their profile pics etc.. id imagine it's common enough.. people are just nosey

• Wow
  • Sad

OH.FFS

VIP Member
This is heartbreaking

12:22pm

Letby said the registrar would be down to review Child E, and urged her to return to the postnatal ward.
The mum called her husband when she got to the labour ward, in a call lasting four minutes and 25 seconds, at 9.11pm.
Letby made a note in Child F's records (Child F being the twin of Child E), "after she had got rid of" the mum, Mr Johnson said.
The next time the mum visited Child E, he was in terminal decline.

12:21pm

Child E was 'acutely distressed' and bleeding from the mouth.
The mum said Letby attempted to reassure her the blood was due to the NGT ittirating the throat.
"Trust me, I'm a nurse," Mr Johnson told the court.

12:20pm

At 9pm on August 3, 2015, the mother decided to visit her twin sons, and "interrupted Lucy Letby who was in the process of attacking Child E", the prosecution say, although the mum "did not realise it at the time".

• Sad
  • Wow

veevee04

VIP Member
Also why would the police conspire with the hospital against one woman? If there was multiple people involved it would have been leaked already and not every could keep up such a lie. Do I think doctors and administrators lied and deflected to save their backs when all of this was brought to light? Yes. But do I think they’re the reason the children are dead? Absolutely not. Lucy was arrested numerous times for a reason and her back garden was dug up for a reason too. She is also the only one charged and now sitting on trial nearly 5 years later for a reason too. This isn’t a conspiracy. Everything about those babies deaths led back to Lucy and they clearly know much more that will come out soon, hence why the trial is going to be nearly two months.
Nursing can a be toxic culture environment, they can gang up on a member of staff try and blame stuff on them. I've seen it happen before not murder though. I'm not sure what's happened she deserves a fair trial I will reserve my judgement until after the defence have said their bit.

• Heart