Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

super grateful

👋 Joining late but very interested in this case.

I am an ICU Nurse, so knowing how an ICU works (adult/child/neonatal) I’m keen to understand how this all unfolded.

I did read that she was “in the second highest band”, so am I right in thinking she was a band 7? Ie. Senior Sister. Can anyone correct this please?

I have only skimmed the 1st thread, but did read some things such as “can a nurse administer insulin” “why wasn’t she being watched” etc. ICU Nurses are very autonomous, and work alone. Often 1nurse:1patient or 1nurse:2patients. But despite having our own patients, it is not uncommon (if your patient is stable) to help other Nurses out. Ie running a blood gas for someone or administering medication for someone else. So she’s either a super helpful Nurse (which if she was a band 7, she would be in charge most of the time and helping her staff) and her name is on everything she helped with and that’s the reason she’s all over everything, or she is a super devious, calculating Nurse.

In Nursing, all IV medication is double checked and in paediatrics ALL types of medication is double checked. So to inject something like insulin into a bag of medication/fluid that 2 Nurses have prepared together, would take sneaking off with it somewhere. We have cameras in our medication room and in ICU you often draw up medication at the patient’s bed space (as you live in that one bed space for the shift and never leave the patient alone), so I’m definitely intrigued by this one!

As for the Facebook thing… I will be frowned upon for this, but I have definitely looked up a patient on Facebook. Often the family tell you of a charity they have set up in the patients name/to help with rehab, or you see their story on the local news, and it is nice to have 1 quick look to see how they are getting on post their traumatic, life altering accident. But NEVER interact. Or constantly search and search. So this is something I’m also interested in.

So yeah, hi. Will be following along very closely.

• Heart
Reactions: 113

Treesy19

VIP Member
To be fair I’m incredibly nosy and will have a glance on Fb/insta/LinkedIn people I’ve met or friends of friends I hear about. I’d hate to be judged by my Facebook search 😂
I’d hate to be judged off my Google search history. I look up every crime I hear about. I probably flag as a person of interest by now 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Comments posted by a lady saying 2 babies are in her family. She made these comments on a post saying Lucy is innocent
I saw that, and found it odd that if your family had been through what she said, you'd join a group where masses of people believe she is innocent.
I take these people with a pinch of salt, some are just desperate for the attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
If a professional ever came to my house having looked on my social media trying to "confront me" 👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊 gotta be careful doing stuff like that cause not everyone will roll over and take violations like that just because of your profession.
So if you lied to a social worker who was trying to protect your child, and they found you out via social media, you would then be violent towards them? You sound like a lovely, well rounded person.

• Haha
Reactions: 65

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
Can I just say a big thank you to those Tattlers who are either health care or legal professionals, as someone who is neither I am really appreciating the insight you guys are able to give ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Mrspowell

VIP Member
Ok, want to add my two pence worth as I’ve had a idea rattling in my head as to a motive. When something as awful as this happens we always question why. To look at she looks like she couldn’t possibly Kill babies.

I have worked in the nhs for 10 years, 5 in paeds. My Mum is a very experienced neonatal nurse and midwife. I also spent several weeks in neonatal icu with my own child.

I wonder if Lucy had/has a ‘god complex’. I heard of this before but can’t remember now where. So NOT ALL but it is common for a baby to need neonatal input due to the mothers behaviour in pregnancy (drinking, smoking, drugs) general neglect. My mum often talks about looking after these babies with so much love and then knowingly discharging them to unfit homes. Social services are involved that kind of thing. I saw it myself many times, families too busy outside smoking, coming in with all their friends showing them the baby without seemingly understanding the seriousness of the situation. Uneducated families unable to properly care for their new baby. Messy family lives, unfit living conditions, I am not being judgemental, it’s just what I and my mother have seen so much with our own eyes. So much more I could say but I’m hoping you get my gist to the sort of thing. Perhaps Lucy was a very Judgemental person?

did Lucy take it upon herself to ‘save’ these babies from a life she deemed unfit? Like a god complex. Researching them on Facebook to see if they were ‘good enough’? Overly attached to these babies and seeing it as her only way to stop them going to live those lives?
Hoping someone understands that waffle and no one takes offence. Just had to get it off my chest

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

savedlatin21

VIP Member
To be fair I’m incredibly nosy and will have a glance on Fb/insta/LinkedIn people I’ve met or friends of friends I hear about. I’d hate to be judged by my Facebook search 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I’ve not seen one scapegoat believer give any sort of theory on HOW a scapegoat plot could be carried out. They just cry scapegoat and share a link to the CQC report.
Because she has a kind pretty face, thin and blonde. Simply based on how she looks, many people have already declared her innocent and she’s simply just a scapegoat. The blonde angelic nurse can’t be mentally unwell and possibly evil. It doesn’t fit with their narrative of what an evil woman who kills babies looks like.

Reactions: 57

veevee04

VIP Member
I have to say I do love tattle we always have a reasoned debate and look at opposing theories. Facebook I've seen people say hang her burn her on day one. Really glad to be able to have a place to sensibly discuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
It’s not people plucked from thin air, it’s people whose children have been deemed at risk of harm. It’s statutory intervention. Why would you share something publicly on social media that doesn’t match up with what you’ve said in real life?

We are here to protect you and your children, having a boyfriend is fine, having one and lying about it isn’t.
I love how people say social workers are useless, can't be trusted etc, but then when children are killed everyone immediately blames the social workers.

Edited to add that I am in awe of anyone that can do that kind of work - you're all incredible.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

MmmB777

VIP Member
IF she was guilty that would be the case. Baffled why people aren't waiting for more evidence to determine guilt
Why do you act like every person that feels she’s guilty is on the jury 😵💫 we’re discussing it on a forum. Equally, your points seem determined to prove innocence. We haven’t heard the defence evidence yet so I am not sure why you’d feel so keen to keep suggesting she is. Why don’t you scroll past people that are finding the evidence damning if you yourself aren’t?

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Squittel

VIP Member
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m feeling very sad and gloomy after all the information that’s come out today. Remember to take a break from the coverage and try to recognise when it’s having an impact on you. (I’m going to have a tea and make myself a hot water bottle)

• Heart
Reactions: 51

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I know it’s not illegal but I would be so creeped out if I found out the midwives that delivered my babies were creeping on my social media accounts after I had given birth. The woman is clearly unhinged.
I’m chuckling that people will accept a midwife seeing your fanny in all its glory, but a picture on your public Instagram of you on your summer holidays somewhere is wrong.

I’m being facetious I swear- I’m not arguing with you (your view is just as valid and I appreciate that it’s about consent)…it just made me chuckle!

Honestly, some of the undignified, gory stuff my midwife saw (I pooped myself half-way thru labour with my third 🤫😷) is grim, so if she wants a snoop on my public Facebook profile of me fully dressed with the kids at the park she can go right ahead 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Nursing can a be toxic culture environment, they can gang up on a member of staff try and blame stuff on them. I've seen it happen before not murder though. I'm not sure what's happened she deserves a fair trial I will reserve my judgement until after the defence have said their bit.
I work in an NHS hospital (admin) and I was shocked at the standards and behaviours of some of the nurses. (And don’t get me started on doctors!!) Real bullies. Obviously not all nurses are bullies and only a very minuscule percentage are abusive to patients and end up murderers. But I think a lot of people think healthcare professionals are all pristine, intelligent and can never step a foot wrong. Sadly not the case 😥

Reactions: 48

Dove88

This has absolutely broken me.

Baby G was born at a different hospital and later transferred to @TheCountessNHS. Court hears that she was doing well. She'd been at Chester for 3 weeks when she turned 100 days old. The nurses hung a banner, and made a cake.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Hyacinthsquash

VIP Member
If a professional ever came to my house having looked on my social media trying to "confront me" 👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊 gotta be careful doing stuff like that cause not everyone will roll over and take violations like that just because of your profession.
It’s quite common for social services etc to use social media if they think a child is at risk. Sadly mothers will deny being in a relationship with someone who is considered a risk (convicted sex offender etc) and allow them around their children despite being warned by social services it could lead to their children being removed. So in cases like this then yes absolutely all means should be explored if a child is at risk. And it’s not necessarily a case of “confronting” someone, they wouldn’t go marching round to their house. It would be used in their case in a professional manner.

• Sad
Reactions: 45