Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I'm aware of that as most people are that's not what I was referring to when I say precedents. Why are people behind screens? Worried Lucy's gonna send the goons round to their house?
There’s loads of reasons why special measures, such as screens, are available. Ultimately it’s to ensure the witnesses can give their best evidence

Reactions: 9
2 months in so far and I don't see how this is gonna be wrapped up before Easter considering Xmas/new years is coming up as well.

Reactions: 11
How many can admit they had a snoop at the colleagues mentioned in the case? I know I have, I can understand why people don’t want their name out there. I bet there is some who have messaged them too

Reactions: 17
I've had a snoop, can't lie 🤷🏼‍♀️
I actually have mutual friends with one of the colleagues (not surprising though, she lives in the town next to mine).

I wouldn't message though, or even mention it to the mutual friend.

Reactions: 12
I've had a snoop, can't lie 🤷🏼‍♀️
I actually have mutual friends with one of the colleagues (not surprising though, she lives in the town next to mine).

I wouldn't message though, or even mention it to the mutual friend.
Completely agree, but you just know there’s some absolutely nutters who will be in their message requests. Thing is if you put your name out there then you will forever be tied to the case some way or another. The fact I have been nosey is enough for me to ask my name to be kept anonymous. I don’t believe it means anything one way or the other tho, probably a personal choice x

Reactions: 8
I agree with that word for word. I’m confident that the jury will make the right decision. And I’m confident that she will be found G (quite prepared to have that thrown back in my face🤣). The fact the journalists are talking about it being the biggest case of their careers makes me think this too, if she’s found NG then it won’t be, only if she’s found G, and the podcast is something they’ve not done before. I really do think they’re expecting her to be found G too tbh or they wouldn’t be saying all this. I know some people think there’s not much coverage, but it’s in the local and national newspapers every night and live reporting most days, I just think it’s cos it’s 6 months the coverage doesn’t feel massive atm. Journalists also have inside sources, I really do think they’re expecting G and when that verdict comes in it’s going to go insane.

Was in not 2018 she was arrested? I think I’m getting mixed up. Think that colleague was JJK amd I think they were actually good friends

ETA yes she wasn’t arrested first until 2018. Back in early 2017 she was probably on admin at that stage. But have to point out that there may have been rumours about why she was on admin BUT colleagues would not necessarily have known due to confidentiality issues, and I doubt LL would be telling people the real reason
I reckon she was put on “admin” duties under the guise of negligence/ fitness to practice with a correlation made by the hospital between her and the deaths and collapses. I’d imagine it was for the same reason she was moved to days. More people around, more support etc. I don’t know when that report was done about the deaths and collapses but it must have been after that didn’t identify reasons for some of the deaths collapses that the investigation was passed to police, and I’d imagine all staff on that ward formed part of the initial enquires, and it will have been investigating officers that identified LL as suspect number 1.

I think I will definitely be going along on verdict day. I'm not far away at all.

I wouldn't go inside but would stand outside and soak in the atmosphere.

Not sure if that's a weird thing to do or not but I will definitely consider it nearer the time 🙂

Will take some eggs to pog at Ben 🤣😉

• Haha
  • Heart
I have a hunch she won't be giving evidence although I think she would be off her head head not to. But then again she's not exactly normal is she Luce.
I think she’d be off her head to give evidence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The only picture I saw of them is them looking very old to have a daughter that age. I think it's hard to see a resemblance when there is quite a big age gap between child and parent. She could well be the spit of them but unless we saw pictures of them in their slightly younger days it would be hard to tell.
I don’t think a 70 year old having a 32 year old daughter is strange.. People have babies in their mid 30s to 40s. My best friend is 30 and his parents are in their early 70s.

I don’t think a 70 year old having a 32 year old daughter is strange.. People have babies in their mid 30s to 40s. My best friend is 30 and his parents are in their early 70s.
Honestly it wasn't a dig just my opinion. Most people who have that big an age gap now have more than one child, as in they have that age gap with their 3rd or 4th, not their 1st.

It would be uncommon 30 plus years ago to wait until your 40's to have your first child. Completely different to now when it would be quite common.

Reactions: 3
Honestly it wasn't a dig just my opinion. Most people who have that big an age gap now have more than one child, as in they have that age gap with their 3rd or 4th, not their 1st.

It would be uncommon 30 plus years ago to wait until your 40's to have your first child. Completely different to now when it would be quite common.
I didn’t see it as a dig.. I was just sharing my opinion.

We’re used to parents being so much younger these days.

I didn’t see it as a dig.. I was just sharing my opinion.

We’re used to parents being so much younger these days.
I think statistically parents are much older becoming first time parents in comparison to 30/40 years, well in Ireland anyway..

Appreciate that that might not be everyone's lived experience though.

Reactions: 5
I think statistically parents are much older becoming first time parents in comparison to 30/40 years, well in Ireland anyway..

Appreciate that that might not be everyone's lived experience though.
Yeah first time parents aren’t getting younger, on average they’re getting much older. Birth rates are falling too, it costs so much to have a kid these days that many couples prefer to wait until they’re financially stable until they have a baby. I’m 26 and married and am in a pretty stable position compared to a lot of people my age, but there’s still no way I’m going to be having a child any time soon tbh.

• Heart
A lady at my daughters school had twins at 50! she thought she was going through the menopause but was actually pregnant. Needless to say they weren't planned, she found out at 22 weeks :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I think there could be lots of reasons why they might have had Lucy when they were older.

One example would be my own situation. I tried to get pregnant from when I was 25 but it didn’t happen until I was 39.

Reactions: 12
I think there could be lots of reasons why they might have had Lucy when they were older.

One example would be my own situation. I tried to get pregnant from when I was 25 but it didn’t happen until I was 39.
Yeah and it doesnt mean they had any assistance to have her or anything, just could have worked out that way for them.

Yeah first time parents aren’t getting younger, on average they’re getting much older. Birth rates are falling too, it costs so much to have a kid these days that many couples prefer to wait until they’re financially stable until they have a baby. I’m 26 and married and am in a pretty stable position compared to a lot of people my age, but there’s still no way I’m going to be having a child any time soon tbh.
I'm in my early 30's and having my 3rd and I am still one of the youngest in the waiting rooms.

It's simply too unaffordable, this will be my last, childcare cost make having any more just impossible.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.