Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to know if any of her work colleagues think she’s innocent….

Reactions: 13
Her dad looks like he’s slowly withering away. Like the weight of the world is on his shoulders and he’s in his 70’s. Cannot imagine what her parents are going through. Wonder if any of their friends have distanced themselves. I can’t imagine trying to love and support a child of mine when deep down I think they could have done what they’re being accused of etc. although maybe they genuinely think she’s completely innocent. Would have hard for them to have seen that note and hear what her colleagues are saying etc

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Only started following this case this week and wanted to thank you all for your insightful discussions and the really well put together Wiki!

Totally fascinated by this and really interested in her motive, if she is G. I’ve recently been on a jury so trying to keep an open mind as we likely aren’t hearing all the evidence due to the reporting. I do think the defence stance of it all basically being poor practices by the hospital is a bit washy, but I can see how some charges right now are hard to establish guilt beyond all reasonable doubt.

From reading all the text convos she had with staff and finding out about how she involved herself with the parents it really sounds as if she thrived on the drama, sympathy and attention these incidents brought to her. It’s fascinating.

Reactions: 18
I was going to say the same thing, I’m really missing your posts on here, you always had great comments @MmmB777 x
I also am missing your posts, please come back when you’re ready

I don't think it's that they have "missed" previous victims more that they wouldn't have had as much evidence or quantifiable proof in those cases. They originally had more charges I believe but dropped them.

You can see how many people on this thread are convinced that the evidence we have been presented with for these babies isn't strong enough to consider her guilty and these are the cases that were deemed strong enough to bring her to court.

They couldn't afford to bring weaker cases to court because it would run the risk of her being found not guilty for ALL the cases.
Couldn’t agree with this more

• Heart
Reactions: 9
One thing struck me …. Probably barking up the wrong tree but she looks absolutely nothing like her parents. No similarities whatsoever I can see.

Reactions: 2
I wonder this too. I wonder their response after each arrest.

I hope they got lots of support.

I also think about the police officers, I know they face evil every day but this case is something else. The hours of work that had occurred just to get her to court must be astounding. The snippets we are getting from the court are harrowing. Imagine having the full story infront of you.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
One thing struck me …. Probably barking up the wrong tree but she looks absolutely nothing like her parents. No similarities whatsoever I can see.
The only picture I saw of them is them looking very old to have a daughter that age. I think it's hard to see a resemblance when there is quite a big age gap between child and parent. She could well be the spit of them but unless we saw pictures of them in their slightly younger days it would be hard to tell.

Reactions: 10
again, we’re all trying to apply “logic” or findings from previous research of SK to explain her behaviour when there is also the possibility that there are no explanations as to why she did what she did, why she switched methods, why some were killed & some weren’t. She purely could have just gone rouge & was doing whatever she felt like at the time purely because she could, with no real explanation other than she is evil.
I think it’s so true what you say, that we are all trying to apply logic to explain her behaviour, but none of us will ever understand her behaviour as we aren’t SK. But it’s like we need to know the reason why this nurse turned into such a sadistic SK. I think she’s just a psychopath and enjoyed it (hate even typing that bit), but I also think she has elements of many of the things people have suggested, such as she thrives off the attention, she gets jealous over certain things, and she’s sadistic and enjoys inflicting pain, and watching the result of that inflicted pain, revelling in it. I guess this is the reason why I think she’s going to be the most notorious/prolific SK in the uk once this is over if she gets the Guilty verdict

Reactions: 10
I think it’s so true what you say, that we are all trying to apply logic to explain her behaviour, but none of us will ever understand her behaviour as we aren’t SK. But it’s like we need to know the reason why this nurse turned into such a sadistic SK. I think she’s just a psychopath and enjoyed it (hate even typing that bit), but I also think she has elements of many of the things people have suggested, such as she thrives off the attention, she gets jealous over certain things, and she’s sadistic and enjoys inflicting pain, and watching the result of that inflicted pain, revelling in it. I guess this is the reason why I think she’s going to be the most notorious/prolific SK in the uk once this is over if she gets the Guilty verdict
I really hope she gets a guilty verdict as I am 100% convinced she's guilty and 100% convinced she is not done inflicting harm on other living beings.

If she gets NG I hope we get more clarity on the evidence the jury have seen just for peace of mind more than anything else!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah I'm aware of that as most people are that's not what I was referring to when I say precedents. Why are people behind screens? Worried Lucy's gonna send the goons round to their house?
No I don’t think it is that in this case I think it’s more probably very hard for them to face her & give evidence. It’s an emotive case as it is, if giving evidence, defence or prosecution, feel more confident being able to stand up to give their account behind a screen I think that’s fair. Also, some of these people still work in the hospital so they may be subject to abuse from third parties etc I just don’t think it means anything other than they’re following court procedure 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
I hope they got lots of support.

I also think about the police officers,
I also think this and I hope that everyone involved in this trial gets the support they need, whether it’s the babies families, the police, the jury, the colleagues of LL, journalists, the law teams. All of them, as you say just hearing the details in court is distressing, but knowing the whole story and even more distressing details must be incredibly difficult. And having to watch the parents every day sitting in court and listening to them/their statements must also be very traumatic for those there

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
one of her colleagues changed her profile pic to a pic of her, Lucy and another colleague in January 2017, they then changed it to something else in September 2017. That to me makes me think there was at least one who thought she was completely innocent because that would have been after the arrest and I wouldn’t update my profile pic to an accused baby killer

• Wow
I really hope she gets a guilty verdict as I am 100% convinced she's guilty and 100% convinced she is not done inflicting harm on other living beings.
I agree with that word for word. I’m confident that the jury will make the right decision. And I’m confident that she will be found G (quite prepared to have that thrown back in my face🤣). The fact the journalists are talking about it being the biggest case of their careers makes me think this too, if she’s found NG then it won’t be, only if she’s found G, and the podcast is something they’ve not done before. I really do think they’re expecting her to be found G too tbh or they wouldn’t be saying all this. I know some people think there’s not much coverage, but it’s in the local and national newspapers every night and live reporting most days, I just think it’s cos it’s 6 months the coverage doesn’t feel massive atm. Journalists also have inside sources, I really do think they’re expecting G and when that verdict comes in it’s going to go insane.

one of her colleagues changed her profile pic to a pic of her, Lucy and another colleague in January 2017, they then changed it to something else in September 2017. That to me makes me think there was at least one who thought she was completely innocent because that would have been after the arrest and I wouldn’t update my profile pic to an accused baby killer
Was in not 2018 she was arrested? I think I’m getting mixed up. Think that colleague was JJK amd I think they were actually good friends

ETA yes she wasn’t arrested first until 2018. Back in early 2017 she was probably on admin at that stage. But have to point out that there may have been rumours about why she was on admin BUT colleagues would not necessarily have known due to confidentiality issues, and I doubt LL would be telling people the real reason

Reactions: 11
It must be so conflicting for her colleagues who are probably her friends. I have made friends for life at work I'm not sure how I would feel if one of them was accused of something so horrific :(

Reactions: 6
does any one know anything about the 8th murder charge? Where does it fit into the timeline
I think it’s baby K but not certain. The baby died after being transferred out to another hospital, so she’s being charged with attempted murder instead of murder for that baby. It’s definitely one of the ones in the list of charges anyhow.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s baby K but not certain. The baby died after being transferred out to another hospital, so she’s being charged with attempted murder instead of murder for that baby. It’s definitely one of the ones in the list of charges anyhow.
I think they're referring to a charge that the judge ordered a not guilty verdict be recorded on before the trial started.

I think it is child K actually, yes.

Reactions: 3
I agree with that word for word. I’m confident that the jury will make the right decision. And I’m confident that she will be found G (quite prepared to have that thrown back in my face🤣). The fact the journalists are talking about it being the biggest case of their careers makes me think this too, if she’s found NG then it won’t be, only if she’s found G, and the podcast is something they’ve not done before. I really do think they’re expecting her to be found G too tbh or they wouldn’t be saying all this. I know some people think there’s not much coverage, but it’s in the local and national newspapers every night and live reporting most days, I just think it’s cos it’s 6 months the coverage doesn’t feel massive atm. Journalists also have inside sources, I really do think they’re expecting G and when that verdict comes in it’s going to go insane.

Was in not 2018 she was arrested? I think I’m getting mixed up. Think that colleague was JJK amd I think they were actually good friends

ETA yes she wasn’t arrested first until 2018. Back in early 2017 she was probably on admin at that stage. But have to point out that there may have been rumours about why she was on admin BUT colleagues would not necessarily have known due to confidentiality issues, and I doubt LL would be telling people the real reason
ah was it 2018, I thought the first arrest was 2017. So I guess that colleague at least didn’t have suspicions at that point then. I think if it was going around the hospital about her then there was probably some colleagues who thought guilty and some innocent just like this thread. The colleague I was talking about was not JJK, I cannot remember her name but Lucy seemed to spend a few nights out with her and she was an older colleague. (might be relevant to her personality might not!)

Reactions: 5
My husband thinks shell go down for the murders and he hasn’t read a lot. He’s read articles before on killers who have circumstantial evidence no bodies etc and they get found guilty so it’ll be waiting with a bated breath once prosecution close their arguements

Reactions: 7

ETA yes she wasn’ti arrested first until 2018. Back in early 2017 she was probably on admin at that stage. But have to point out that there may have been rumours about why she was on admin BUT colleagues would not necessarily have known due to confidentiality issues, and I doubt LL would be telling people the real reason
I reckon even if she was found NG it would be a massive landmark case.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.