Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really sad she was the face of a campaign for money flr a new unit
Purely speculation but I wonder if her involvement in this, being the face of the campaign, is what gave her the buzz from attention to start with? Or maybe made her think she was more important than she was? “Well I was the face of the fundraising for the new unit and now I’m just changing nappies and giving milk. It’s boring and I want to be in the intensive care room where I belong”.

Reactions: 20
There’s been a wee influx of new posters and it’s been refreshing to read some new perspectives and experiences 🙏🏼 it’s a shame we’ve not had much reporting but as always I’m sure the Jury have everything they need. What an awful case to be sitting on at any point, but especially in the run up to Christmas 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I bet her parents wish they could have anonymity, poor buggers 😌

If I was a professional who had worked beside her and I was called as a witness I would want to do so anonymously. Her actions will follow them around forevermore so I guess they're taking steps to reduce that.

Some of their reactions in the stand are telling. The way the turn away from her, wasn't one behind a screen? How very distressing for them all.

She's destroyed families, careers, trusting friendships and so much more. Yet day after day she sits there with her gormless, nonchalant face.

No wonder her ex colleagues don't want to look at her.
See if people were giving evidence about me that could put me away for my whole entire life with a massive target permanently attached to me I'd expect us to be visible to each other when they are giving said evidence?

Don't get me wrong I do think she is G on some of these counts so obviously should never see outside a prison wall ever again but some of the precedents that are being set in this trial are really worrying to me.

Reactions: 4
Giving evidence from behind a screen in court is what they call a “special measure” which is one of the things offered to a victim/witness which can be requested by the investigating officers/council but it’s the judge that decides whether they’ll accommodate it. This is standard practice in court nothing special for this case

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve just been down a late night rabbit hole and reading loads of media articles from when she was arrested. Didn’t realise she was arrested 3 times before she was charged. And she was new qualified in her job, her only job was this one she had. It’s really sad she was the face of a campaign for money flr a new unit and then she fucked them over as now they’re only a scbu unit. I did like a comment from the hospital director back when she was arrested saying the unit is now safe 😝 I’m assuming they didn’t just suspend her in 2016 because legally they couldn’t until the police made a move? She’ll have had the RCN all over her case when it all started until it went to the police
She qualified in 2011 and was arrested in 2020 so definitely not newly qualified. Even at the time of the first alleged attack in 2015, 4yrs wouldn't be considered newly qualified.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She did quite the number in the space (snapshot) of just a year. Imagine her in a 40 yr career span. (I don’t believe she would have go on that long though).
I also think there were more victims ,they just couldn’t get enough evidence to bring charges for.
If guilty who knows how many other innocent babies have been harmed by her

• Sad
Reactions: 19
My head is fried. I don’t envy the jury members one bit. Some random thoughts.
1. How was LL identified as the suspect in a hospital consisting of 100s of people. Like how was she specifically pinpointed as the number one suspect? Was it because she was on shift every time? But then she wasn’t present when baby F deteriorated.
2. WHY wasn’t anything done at the time to challenge the collapses or deaths? Maybe it was and we aren’t being told in the reporting? Why were the reasons or explanations given at the time now not applicable? I also worry that where there have been such serious failings in the hospital identified, such as a missed opportunity to undertake an autopsy, it just highlights the failings of the hospital and makes it likely that this somehow contributed to the babies outcomes and this could undermine the jury’s ability to find her G beyond reasonable doubt.
I feel so conflicted!

Reactions: 11
I also think there were more victims ,they just couldn’t get enough evidence to bring charges for.
If guilty who knows how many other innocent babies have been harmed by her
If she is guilty I don't believe child A would have been her first victim, but then they spent years and a lot of money building evidence so I don't know how they could miss previous victims.

Reactions: 13
See if people were giving evidence about me that could put me away for my whole entire life with a massive target permanently attached to me I'd expect us to be visible to each other when they are giving said evidence?

Don't get me wrong I do think she is G on some of these counts so obviously should never see outside a prison wall ever again but some of the precedents that are being set in this trial are really worrying to me.
Oh believe me if she was my colleague I would be sat in that court looking directly at her when I gave my evidence. I'd like to think so anyway but then again.....

These Nurses have worked alongside her, they've questioned her guilt, their own sanity. They've supported her whilst the death rates were increasing. They've drank with her and danced with her. They've mentored her and been mentored. They've absolutely trusted her. They know more about her and the crimes shes committed than we ever probably will. They have nursed and cared for the babies she's killed.

They must be absolutely devastated.

So if they want a screen, whether to protect their identity or so they don't have to look at the monster then yes, they should have that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
My head is fried. I don’t envy the jury members one bit. Some random thoughts.
1. How was LL identified as the suspect in a hospital consisting of 100s of people. Like how was she specifically pinpointed as the number one suspect? Was it because she was on shift every time? But then she wasn’t present when baby F deteriorated.
2. WHY wasn’t anything done at the time to challenge the collapses or deaths? Maybe it was and we aren’t being told in the reporting? Why were the reasons or explanations given at the time now not applicable? I also worry that where there have been such serious failings in the hospital identified, such as a missed opportunity to undertake an autopsy, it just highlights the failings of the hospital and makes it likely that this somehow contributed to the babies outcomes and this could undermine the jury’s ability to find her G beyond reasonable doubt.
I feel so conflicted!
she was present when baby F deteriorated. She signed for the bespoke TPN bag and hung it around 12.25am. Very few people had access to that bag. About half an hour or hour later he started to deteriorate and had low blood sugars. The debate has been over the second bag possibly hung later when she was not on shift (but which she did actually have access to).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
If she is guilty I don't believe child A would have been her first victim, but then they spent years and a lot of money building evidence so I don't know how they could miss previous victims.
The investigation has been funded for a few more years tho. I think they’ve just focused on this period of time before the investigation started and further charges may come after this trial.

Reactions: 13
The investigation has been funded for a few more years tho. I think they’ve just focused on this period of time before the investigation started and further charges may come after this trial.
Maybe but it seems odd they'll they'd put so much more money into it when she could be found NG at the end of this trial which would surely influence other charges.

Maybe but it seems odd they'll they'd put so much more money into it when she could be found NG at the end of this trial which would surely influence other charges.
Maybe. But somebody was trying to kill babies on that ward. If LL is found NG then they will still have to find out who was.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
does any one know anything about the 8th murder charge? Where does it fit into the timeline

She qualified in 2011 and was arrested in 2020 so definitely not newly qualified. Even at the time of the first alleged attack in 2015, 4yrs wouldn't be considered newly qualified.
I meant she went into thatjob newly qualified.

Purely speculation but I wonder if her involvement in this, being the face of the campaign, is what gave her the buzz from attention to start with? Or maybe made her think she was more important than she was? “Well I was the face of the fundraising for the new unit and now I’m just changing nappies and giving milk. It’s boring and I want to be in the intensive care room where I belong”.
I second this thought process.. looking for validation and drama etc

Reactions: 8
I don't think it's that they have "missed" previous victims more that they wouldn't have had as much evidence or quantifiable proof in those cases. They originally had more charges I believe but dropped them.

You can see how many people on this thread are convinced that the evidence we have been presented with for these babies isn't strong enough to consider her guilty and these are the cases that were deemed strong enough to bring her to court.

They couldn't afford to bring weaker cases to court because it would run the risk of her being found not guilty for ALL the cases.

Oh believe me if she was my colleague I would be sat in that court looking directly at her when I gave my evidence. I'd like to think so anyway but then again.....

These Nurses have worked alongside her, they've questioned her guilt, their own sanity. They've supported her whilst the death rates were increasing. They've drank with her and danced with her. They've mentored her and been mentored. They've absolutely trusted her. They know more about her and the crimes shes committed than we ever probably will. They have nursed and cared for the babies she's killed.

They must be absolutely devastated.

So if they want a screen, whether to protect their identity or so they don't have to look at the monster then yes, they should have that.
Exactly, duck what Letby wants!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
does any one know anything about the 8th murder charge? Where does it fit into the timeline
There was mention at some point of March or April 2015. So before Child A in the June.

Like others, I too can’t shake off the belief that Child A wasn’t the first anyway. I mean it’s not impossible. But going straight in with a kill, a build up is more likely.

Reactions: 14
Giving evidence from behind a screen in court is what they call a “special measure” which is one of the things offered to a victim/witness which can be requested by the investigating officers/council but it’s the judge that decides whether they’ll accommodate it. This is standard practice in court nothing special for this case
Yeah I'm aware of that as most people are that's not what I was referring to when I say precedents. Why are people behind screens? Worried Lucy's gonna send the goons round to their house?

Maybe they cannot bear to even look at her or allow her to look at them? If it was me I don’t know what I’d choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.