Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m disappointed in the lack of media coverage today. Stil
Can’t believe it’s not in the national news more.
Same but all rounds up today say the exact same so I really do think all we missed today was the unnamed nurse, I think it may be true that today was technical and procedural or surely there would have been someone live reporting. Seems they’re all there the big days so hopefully we’ll not miss too much, and if G had started at the beginning of week like it usually should, then today would have been tues which usually would be one of quieter reporting days. I think once she’s found G the media coverage is really going to go absolutely insane. With it being 6 month trial I think it’s getting a good bit of coverage already, but 6 months is a long time for journalists to be there every day tbf

Reactions: 4
Couldn’t agree more, well said. The more we hear the more obsessed with the parents (especially the mums) she seems. I know many of us on here really want to know the psychology behind why she may have done this (jealousy/sadism/psychopath/couldn’t see anyone else happy), or whatever it may be. But even if we hear the psychology behind it, it will still never make sense to, us as we don’t think the same way SK do (at least hope not😱)

But there has to be an element of all those traits in her I think, she’s shown examples of most of them in evidence we’ve heard so far, and I think there’s still much worse to come. Sadistic, cruel, obsessed, jealous, monster, cold, calculating. I see all of those in her. She’s going to be UK’s most prolific serial killer I’m sure of it 😩
Worse than Shipman? :oops:

Reactions: 1
Worse than Shipman? :oops:
Ohhhhh I don’t know about that, I guess not in terms of number of victims, but in terms of victims picked on I don’t know. I mean wee tiny babies, and the methods used to kill them are basically torture, very painful for the babies. And ofc the pain for the parents is another level of cruelty, and seemingly revelling in it. Not that shipman’s victims deserved anything less ofc. I just think she’ll be so prolific with the shocking/distressing details. Obvs they’re both monsters, but I do think sadly she’ll become far more notorious. Every psychologist will want interviews with her, she’ll blow the news up if gets G verdict. They’re both terrible though, I guess one isn’t really any worse than the other murder is murder, but she has inflicted so much cruelty and suffering and have robbed children of their whole futures

Ok I’ll stop now cos I’ve gone off on a tangent slightly, and don’t want it to seem like I think shipman was ok just cos it was older people that were kinda put to sleep

Reactions: 13
Can I just say whoever is doing the Wiki updates is amazing.......so much detail and explanation. I get overwhelmed on this thread and struggle to keep up, so having the Wiki to reference is brilliant. Thank you so much lovely people ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Can I just say whoever is doing the Wiki updates is amazing.......so much detail and explanation. I get overwhelmed on this thread and struggle to keep up, so having the Wiki to reference is brilliant. Thank you so much lovely people ;)
Couldn’t agree with this post more @Tofino is my current hero!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve just been down a late night rabbit hole and reading loads of media articles from when she was arrested. Didn’t realise she was arrested 3 times before she was charged. And she was new qualified in her job, her only job was this one she had. It’s really sad she was the face of a campaign for money flr a new unit and then she fucked them over as now they’re only a scbu unit. I did like a comment from the hospital director back when she was arrested saying the unit is now safe 😝 I’m assuming they didn’t just suspend her in 2016 because legally they couldn’t until the police made a move? She’ll have had the RCN all over her case when it all started until it went to the police

Reactions: 12
Couldn’t agree with this post more @Tofino is my current hero!
thank you both. I’m getting a bit lazy though and updating the past week generally at the weekend. But I can usually do it in one go. This week is not in the wiki yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How do we know the 45mls aspirated back wasnt the feed, and the extra volume of vomit wasn’t from the feed beforehadn’t been digested?

when you aspirate a NG to check the ph you only need less than a ml you wouldn’t need to aspirate the entire amount of what was in the stomach so how do we know the stomach was empty before the 2am feed?
The nurse would aspirate for ph but also continue to aspirate to see if there was any partially digested milk. If so, this could be returned to the stomach or discarded, depending on the circumstances. The documentation states, minimal aspirate.

Reactions: 7
It’s @Tofino, and I’m already first in line should she ever offer to become a PA 👍🏻😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m assuming they didn’t just suspend her in 2016 because legally they couldn’t until the police made a move?
Im just thinking, there's been a lot of people wondering why wasn’t she stopped sooner and how did the hospital only to move her to days then to admin, rather than just get rid of her. So I guess what you’ve said fits in with that, in that their hands were somewhat tied when it came to dealing with LL, I guess there’s so many certain procedures that have to be followed, it’s not just a case of saying oh we think there’s something suspicious going on you’re sacked. And other people within the unit maybe weren’t told why she’d been placed on admin, I guess there’s levels of confidentiality that had to be followed, and I doubt she was telling people what exactly was going on. I’m sure we’ll hear more in due course about it all though

I did like a comment from the hospital director back when she was arrested saying the unit is now safe
I also like this

thank you both. I’m getting a bit lazy though and updating the past week generally at the weekend. But I can usually do it in one go. This week is not in the wiki yet.
I don’t think you’re being lazy at all, everyone appreciates the wiki so much, we really are so lucky to have it and you, and no one would expect you do any more than what you can, and certainly at your own pace

• Heart
Just wanting to go back to the whole her getting “worse” & that not following the SK “rules”.
SK tend to get sloppy due to an increased opinion that they’re untouchable hence they usually get caught.

my speculation (& that’s all it is) is that she switched methods because she thought people were on to her. I’m not even sure I think the death part is what she aimed for as I believe her motive, if I had to settle on one, was more related to the attention/excitement. Therefore, the fact she wasn’t “successful” (awful word sorry) in some cases didn’t matter - she still got what she wanted out of it. She still got the attention/excitement at the time, she got the sympathy of her colleagues, she could still check up of the victims parents who would likely show a different type of grief but still grief to an extent if their baby was permanently disabled.

again, we’re all trying to apply “logic” or findings from previous research of SK to explain her behaviour when there is also the possibility that there are no explanations as to why she did what she did, why she switched methods, why some were killed & some weren’t. She purely could have just gone rouge & was doing whatever she felt like at the time purely because she could, with no real explanation other than she is evil.

Obv I am aware some people are still on the fence/NG so this is just a disclaimer to say I’m looking at it, for this particular topic, I am looking at it that she is G (although imo, she is).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Nobody is really sure. But possibly because they still work at the hospital.
Yeah I don’t fully understand that either. Maybe some witnesses can argue that they would prefer to remain anonymous for media reporting purposes.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I bet her parents wish they could have anonymity, poor buggers 😌

If I was a professional who had worked beside her and I was called as a witness I would want to do so anonymously. Her actions will follow them around forevermore so I guess they're taking steps to reduce that.

Some of their reactions in the stand are telling. The way the turn away from her, wasn't one behind a screen? How very distressing for them all.

She's destroyed families, careers, trusting friendships and so much more. Yet day after day she sits there with her gormless, nonchalant face.

No wonder her ex colleagues don't want to look at her.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
@MmmB777 I can see you lurking (as in liking posts, I’m not stalking you 🙈) but you’ve been very quiet this week. I hope you’re ok. You’ve been a great contributor to these threads and I’ve noticed your absence this week x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.