Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it will be heartbreaking for the parents that had twins/triplets to watch them growing up knowing how different things should have been.

I know it’s nowhere near the same but my daughter was a twin pregnancy but I lost one very early on and I still have moments 13 years later when I look at her as an only child and think there should have been another sibling beside you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Harder i'm sure. What gets me with the multiple babies, like the triplets, they probably had 3 car seats and a triple pram. Imagine pushing a baby in a triple pram knowing it should have been full.
I think it’s all incredibly hard though. Those with singles would end up not pushing a pram at all 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Following cases like this and the likes of Star and Arthur really makes me want to hug my children tighter. It’s any decent parent’s worst nightmare, anything happening to their babies. 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I wonder what it's like for the parents of the twins/triplets where only one baby has lived on birthdays/Christmas etc? Does having the other baby make it better or harder? ☹
This is the situation a friend of mine was in - she lost one of her twins to cot death when she was about six months old. I mean it was unimaginably awful, especially as they then worried even more about the surviving twin, who was fitted with all kinds of monitoring equipment, alarms etc. The first couple of years were just terrible, but then they were determined that they didn't communicate that sadness and grief to her twin. I remember my friend saying something like "It's our sorrow to bear, not hers" and she was determined that her birthdays and special occasions would not be marred by sadness for a sister of whom she had no memory. I really admired her for that, because it must have been bloody difficult at times

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s a shame that Baby F wasn’t transported to the other hospital as he would have avoided the trauma.
He was so lucky to survive unscathed.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This is the situation a friend of mine was in - she lost one of her twins to cot death when she was about six months old. I mean it was unimaginably awful, especially as they then worried even more about the surviving twin, who was fitted with all kinds of monitoring equipment, alarms etc. The first couple of years were just terrible, but then they were determined that they didn't communicate that sadness and grief to her twin. I remember my friend saying something like "It's our sorrow to bear, not hers" and she was determined that her birthdays and special occasions would not be marred by sadness for a sister of whom she had no memory. I really admired her for that, because it must have been bloody difficult at times
God that's awful, it's right at the age where the risk is meant to significantly drop but I've heard a few stories of cot death at 6 months. Mine is 5m and it makes me feel sick 😰

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
God that's awful, it's right at the age where the risk is meant to significantly drop but I've heard a few stories of cot death at 6 months. Mine is 5m and it makes me feel sick 😰
There’s someone on Insta who lost a baby to cot death at 9 months, which was obviously a huge & devastating shock for them.

Just can’t even begin to imagine the pain that these parents must feel.

This case has been going on so long as well, it must be awful to constantly have this hanging over them. I hope justice is done for them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I should say this was a long time ago - 35 years ago to be exact - and I think we know a lot more now about SIDS than we did then, especially with things like the safe sleep campaigns. The rate is lower now than it has ever been xx

I don't have children of my own but I am an auntie and I just can't ever imagine inflicting pain and suffering on a little baby. When I first held my nephew, all I wanted was for him to be loved, happy and safe. He's still only a little baby and I've found myself having to really try hard not to get emotional and have a knee jerk reaction to any of the LL news: it makes me so angry to think of anyone hurting someone so vulnerable.

• Heart
  • Sad
While there’s not much coverage today, and while waiting for podcast to come out, I’d suggest in the mean time if anyone that has time, has a read of this article about BA that was posted on fri. I’ve only got round to reading to just now, and the similarities are quite shocking tbh😮:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve updated the wiki with all of last weeks reporting. Unfortunately can’t fit all of the child F reporting on same page as child E so we now have a sixth page.

Lucy Letby Case contains live reporting links, opening statements for both prosecution and defence including opening statements for each child.

Lucy Letby Case 2 page contains evidence heard for Child A & B (twins)

Lucy Letby Case 3 page contains evidence heard for Child C

Lucy Letby Case 4 page contains evidence heard for Child D.

Lucy Letby Case 5 page contains evidence heard for Child E (twin).

Lucy Letby Case 6 page contains evidence heard for Child F (twin).

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve updated the wiki with all of last weeks reporting. Unfortunately can’t fit all of the child F reporting on same page as child E so we now have a sixth page.

Lucy Letby Case contains live reporting links, opening statements for both prosecution and defence including opening statements for each child.

Thank you that’s a good help I often get mixed up and confused . I will have a read now ☺

So if her defence admitted baby F was poisoned then how will they explain how because in the opening statement her defence say they dont think the nurses and doctors did anything other than the best .

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
hey Tofino - could you link me to the wiki please? I’d be so interested to read it

thanks

Reactions: 1
Yes top pink button or this link here. The other wiki pages are all linked on every wiki page

Just seen this. We are missing sooooo much information but glad the jury are getting it.

B7163217-4971-4015-9854-70B28DA1ED30.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes top pink button or this link here. The other wiki pages are all linked on every wiki page

Just seen this. We are missing sooooo much information but glad the jury are getting it.

View attachment 1766769
Oh interesting, hope Mark is back tomorrow. The jury are certainly getting an education!

Reactions: 8

View attachment 1766769
Does this mean good evidence will be given tomorrow ? I hope the Chester do a live update tomorrow x

Reactions: 7
Oh interesting, hope Mark is back tomorrow. The jury are certainly getting an education!
I wonder if they are getting the staff who prepared the bags to testify. As I know even on this thread it’s been mentioned maybe contamination from where they were made up (and I know it’s been explained by others it’s not possible) so they must want to make that clear to jury.

I’m just glad the jury are getting the fuller picture. It’s frustrating for us following along & things but they’re obviously the most important people. As much as I think she is guilty, if that isn’t the verdict they decide on then I will have to assume they had much more information to base that decision on.
i do hope we get some more reporting tomorrow & I’ll be listening to the podcast when that comes out

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.