Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve read back over the prosecution’s opening statement about Baby F on The Standard.

Baby F had TPN delivered at 4pm
Letby hung the bag at 12:30am

The next day doctor instructed the nursing staff to stop the TPN via the longline and provide dextrose and move the TPN to a peripheral line while a new long line was put in. All fluids were interrupted at 11am while a new long line was put in.

Notice there was no mention of providing a new bag at this point? However a new bespoke bag was delivered at 4pm. He was then taken off TPN at 6pm and began to improve with no further problems.

I think the first TPN bag was transferred over to the new line, the new line got contaminated and that’s why his problems continued after having a new bag delivered later in the afternoon.
Exactly this!!!

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that we are all discussing timings and bags etc...

I'd like to think this is what the jury will be doing to ensure they conclude the right verdict beyond all reasonable doubt. Whilst you might have (say) 8 who are easily convinced based just on the fact the bag was contaminated regardless, you are bound to get a couple of jurors asking and analysing just as we are.

Healthy debate is good. Sly snipes and comments at members isn't....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve said before as has docmum that there’s gaps missing because the reporting is all we see and get but the jury will have more details. Plus next week might clarify a few things because of the jury aren’t sure then they can go with questions on monday but let’s hope on Monday we get some answers to questions we can’t understand

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There’s definitely bits missing because when you listen to the podcast you hear quite a bit more than you read on the reporting.

Reactions: 12
To ease the tensions perhaps we could all take a leaf out of Hollie Dances book and get lit for Lucy?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
To ease the tensions perhaps we could all take a leaf out of Hollie Dances book and get lit for Lucy?
I don't think you should use that phrase if you're referencing someone who's never even seen a book. I would like to get lit tho.. is that just having a drink?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't think it does. The bags would be made up as required, so there wouldn't have been three sitting there waiting to be used.
No I know that. I still think the bag was never actually changed even though it was supposed to be. I may be completely off the mark, I guess time will tell. Just hoping justice is served either way!

Reactions: 9
I don't think you should use that phrase if you're referencing someone who's never even seen a book. I would like to get lit tho.. is that just having a drink?
I think so, just generally getting off your head. Not sure though as weed is my only vice lol.

Reactions: 5
Maybe!!
The sarcasm and digs at those trying to discuss or god forbid is unnecessary and feel its helping no-one
We're all here for a reason and all want justice for those babies and families who are at centre of all this ( next to LL.obvs) I just don't understand why people can't be respectful of others....
I'm lost, I've no clue what the feck is going on with these bags and I've used TPN for years...I just hope the jury have more info than us....I don't see why people are being ridiculed for discussing it! Just uncalled for🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yep. Sounds like they were basically 'trusting' each other to administer the right medication later on when the first 'checker' was no longer present. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. Against policy and very very dangerous.
It seems to me that they are both checking the medication, just not at the same time. There are still 2x checks, 1x to check meds and 1x to administer

Reactions: 2
It seems to me that they are both checking the medication, just not at the same time. There are still 2x checks, 1x to check meds and 1x to administer
I think it says more about the poor staffing on the ward. I once worked in a hospital (small MH hospital) where we were so understaffed there was 1 nurse per ward. If we put someone into seclusion we needed to do a nursing review every 2hr to assess whether seclusion was still needed, 2 nurses to quality check that nobody was in there when they shouldn't. When we had 1 per ward we used to check alone, ring another ward and then they would run over while we ran there, swap keys when we met in the middle, they'd do their check then we'd swap back. So each ward was left without a nurse for a short period and the check wasn't done with 2 nurses present at the same time. Awful practice but you do what you have to with what you've got.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
That’s not really what’s meant by double checking though.
Might just be acceptable for fluids, like saline etc, but not medications. That might be what the nurse meant, but it’s been lost in translation.
If LL had set up a second stock TPN bag she couldn’t have single signed for it, as there would have been a record.

I think it says more about the poor staffing on the ward. I once worked in a hospital (small MH hospital) where we were so understaffed there was 1 nurse per ward. If we put someone into seclusion we needed to do a nursing review every 2hr to assess whether seclusion was still needed, 2 nurses to quality check that nobody was in there when they shouldn't. When we had 1 per ward we used to check alone, ring another ward and then they would run over while we ran there, swap keys when we met in the middle, they'd do their check then we'd swap back. So each ward was left without a nurse for a short period and the check wasn't done with 2 nurses present at the same time. Awful practice but you do what you have to with what you've got.
Yes, I've administered meds in care setting and we used similar ways to check when we were short staffed - it's not perfect but you do what you can to follow guidelines, do your job, and look after people in your care.

Reactions: 8
Perhaps there should be 2 LL threads. One for those who are convinced of her guilt and not willing to consider healthy debate or a different viewpoint. And this one for everyone else 🤣

Perhaps there should be 2 LL threads. One for those who are convinced of her guilt and not willing to consider healthy debate or a different viewpoint. And this one for everyone else 🤣
there defo needs to be one for her innocence as well, that is no different 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Or you know, we could just behave like adults and respect that other people have different viewpoints to us, and not be snidey about it?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Struggling to see how I shut down the debate on the bags or if I attempted to I failed utterly miserably didn’t I as it’s continued for a couple of days. There actually were a few posters that said they would have rather parked the bag subject because it’s too tricky with the conflicting info we have as members of the public. I don’t think I said that explicitly. All my viewpoint was that I personally consider who poisoned both the first contaminated bags for baby F&L of more importance, hope I’m entitled to that opinion. Other posters have suggested discussing that too- sure it would be a healthy debate! But nobody appears to want to talk about it. I have no power on this thread to dictate the chat or stop the chat and I think that’s evident in the fact I wanted to discuss who the poisoner was and failed terribly at and the bags have continued to be discussed which I’ve got no problem with.
I hope those that have enjoyed my absence this morning have got a flavour of what it is like to have me on mute! That won’t fit the narrative either though✌I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing 💞 I am allowed my opinions. I am not personal to anyone. Have also suggested separate threads as maybe many people will feel more like they can say what they’d like to say without constant upset and treading on eggshells.
Just watched Matilda and cried my eyes out at the miracle song with the babies at the start 💔🙈 hadn’t expected that as never seen the stage show. I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
What are you talking about? Nobody’s saying you can’t have your opinion, the majority of people agree with you. What people don’t agree with was that sarcy post where you essentially mocked people with a differing view point to you. The only one I see here who can’t handle people with different view points is you.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What are you talking about? Nobody’s saying you can’t have your opinion, the majority of people agree with you. What people don’t agree with was that sarcy post where you essentially mocked people with a differing view point to you. The only one I see here who can’t handle people with different view points is you.
I didn’t make any post that mocked anyone but myself. I can handle any point of view whatsoever. I don’t even have a point of view about the second bag let alone a conflicting point of view to anybody else.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.