Lucy Letby Case #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, wasn’t Shipman considered a great doctor ? He was popular with his patients too, they liked him.

I saw a documentary once where he apparently a junior doctor and a child died on his watch. The child was not expected to die , so he was at this for years.

Letby if a psychopath will be mimicking emotions, she won’t naturally have any of her own, but most psychopaths learn how to mimic behaviours and emotions. Hence why some of the texts seem forced.

If it wasn’t so sad and tragic it is could be interesting to see how this developed.

I personally don’t think she will be walking free.
Shipman received 100s of cards from patients, wishing him well when he was accused, which he stuck up around his surgery reception. He even ‘broke down’ to a patient, telling them between tears, that ‘there’s doctors across the road that will see you if you feel I’m guilty’

some families even started ‘groups’ calling it a witch-hunt.

My ‘favourite’ story is that of a former police officer, who was Shipmans ‘patient fund’ co-ordinator. He was called Len Fellows I believe, and he was convinced shipman was not guilty.

Len began verbally attacking the police officers involved in the case when they visited the local pub. He had just told one police officer to ‘get lost’ when said police officer turned round and said, ‘I didn’t realise you were a heroin addict, Len’ and handed him a printout of Shipman’s prescribing records.

Shipman had prescribed Diamorphine to Len - who never needed it and without his knowledge - and collected the heroin himself. He then used this heroin to kill scores of patients.

At that, Len replied: ‘the bloody bastard’ and converted to the guilty camp.

Yes, that sounds made up but it isn’t. Feel free to watch the 2002 film based on Shipman, read books on the case, or read The Shipman Inquiry itself.

with the benefit of hindsight, it’s very unusual the high regard Shipmans patients held him in. My personal doctor is good, but my goodness me. Shipman didn’t have patients, he had a cult following in some cases

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Guys letby wasn’t a loner …. Paul on Facebook said so 🙄😂🤦‍♀️

this absolutely proves her innocence because no serial killer has friends 😂🤦‍♀️
It’s amazing really what people think.

She will be seen as very normal even likeable young woman. That’s what people don’t understand.

She will be learning how to mimick emotions, behaviours which will have made her likeable to people.

But if people think that serial killers are all loners wearing bottle neck glasses, well we have no hope!

It’s amazing really what people think.

She will be seen as very normal even likeable young woman. That’s what people don’t understand.

She will be learning how to mimick emotions, behaviours which will have made her likeable to people.

But if people think that serial killers are all loners wearing bottle neck glasses, well we have no hope!
The mind boggles but when you ask questions he will not explain why he thinks she is innocent and who he thinks did this if it’s not her . 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Shipman received 100s of cards from patients, wishing him well when he was accused, which he stuck up around his surgery reception. He even ‘broke down’ to a patient, telling them between tears, that ‘there’s doctors across the road that will see you if you feel I’m guilty’

My ‘favourite’ story is that of a former police officer, who was Shipmans ‘patient fund’ co-ordinator. He was called Len Fellows I believe, and he was convinced shipman was not guilty.

Len began verbally attacking the police officers involved in the case when they visited the local pub. He had just told one police officer to ‘get lost’ when said police officer turned round and said, ‘I didn’t realise you were a heroin addict, Len’ and handed him a printout of Shipman’s prescribing records.

Shipman had prescribed Diamorphine to Len - who never needed it and without his knowledge - and collected the heroin himself. He then used this heroin to kill scores of patients.

Yes, that sounds made up but it isn’t. Feel free to watch the 2002 film based on Shipman, read books on the case, or read The Shipman Inquiry itself.

with the benefit of hindsight, it’s very unusual the high regard Shipmans patients held him in. My personal doctor is good, but my goodness me. Shipman didn’t have patients, he had a cult following in some cases
Oh wow. I feel a Shipman documentary marathon coming on. Husband will be thrilled 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The mind boggles but when you ask questions he will not explain why he thinks she is innocent and who he thinks did this if it’s not her . 🤷🏻‍♀️

The more I hear the more I’m steering in one direction.

But before I knew all the details I was happy to be skeptical and open minded.

Yes, miscarriages of justice do happen, cover ups do happen - sadly. We can’t take everything we are told at face value. Follow your intuition too, if something sounds ridiculous then I suppose that’s your intuitiontelling you something isn’t right.

But with this and knowing more details my intuition is telling me one thing.

She won’t be leaving that court a free woman.

Reactions: 13

I had no idea... you describing his patients as cult members sounds pretty accurate.

I'm sure we would all like to think that we wouldn't be so easily fooled but it does go to show how manipulative these types of people are.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
helpful post (I hope!)

A fellow forum member posted above about watching Shipman documentaries.

I have always been fascinated by Shipman, and I want you all to watch documentaries that are factually accurate and will give you quality information.

Anybody wanting to watch anything relating to Shipman, watch the BBC three-part documentary on him, it’s available on iplayer and can be found by searching for his name.

On YouTube, there’s the 2002 film ‘Harold Shipman Doctor Death’. It’s a highly accurate account of his murders, and is actually filmed in Hyde where his murders took place.

if anything, I hope you all see how cunning psychopathic HCPs can be, and the lengths they go to to hide their crimes.
Hope this helps

• Heart
helpful post (I hope!)

A fellow forum member posted above about watching Shipman documentaries.

I have always been fascinated by Shipman, and I want you all to watch documentaries that are factually accurate and will give you quality information.

Anybody wanting to watch anything relating to Shipman, watch the BBC three-part documentary on him, it’s available on iplayer and can be found by searching for his name.

On YouTube, there’s the 2002 film ‘Harold Shipman Doctor Death’. It’s a highly accurate account of his murders, and is actually filmed in Hyde where his murders took place.

if anything, I hope you all see how cunning psychopathic HCPs can be, and the lengths they go to to hide their crimes.
Hope this helps
Thank you, honestly I like watching this stuff, feel like I'm protecting myself from these types of people if I learn enough about them!!

Reactions: 7
Kicking myself for being taken in by this woman. I will say I do think some of these charges she may not have done and it is easier for people to blame her for everything. But these 2 babies have done it for me. If I was a juror the fact baby E didn't have a PM would be enough reasonable doubt for me to say officially NG. Baby F would be my first G verdict if I was a juror. The wickedness is chilling. One of mine was born under 5lb and only cause he was surprisingly healthy he didn't have to go neo natal like I'd been pre warned before giving birth. I'd never seen anything so tiny, he was the size of my friends hand. To think someone could cause harm to something that tiny and innocent, little babies half the size he was. It is unbearable. Parents upstairs oblivious whilst their babies are being snuffed out downstairs. It is giving me the chills I have actual goosebumps typing this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
As court updates aren’t happening today I’ve just finished watching Tiny Lives on bbc iplayer that somebody recommended.

It’s really interesting to see how NICU works so you can put more of what you’re hearing in to perspective of how the unit works. Seeing the tiny babies, seeing the treatments etc it’s really eye opening. Great recommendation for helping understand how NICU works.

I have a feeling I’ll be binge watching Shipman documentaries next 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Kicking myself for being taken in by this woman. I will say I do think some of these charges she may not have done and it is easier for people to blame her for everything. But these 2 babies have done it for me. If I was a juror the fact baby E didn't have a PM would be enough reasonable doubt for me to say officially NG. Baby F would be my first G verdict if I was a juror. The wickedness is chilling. One of mine was born under 5lb and only cause he was surprisingly healthy he didn't have to go neo natal like I'd been pre warned before giving birth. I'd never seen anything so tiny, he was the size of my friends hand. To think someone could cause harm to something that tiny and innocent, little babies half the size he was. It is unbearable. Parents upstairs oblivious whilst their babies are being snuffed out downstairs. It is giving me the chills I have actual goosebumps typing this.
She's a monster.

What she has done is unconscionable, utterly evil.

I believe that's why she got away with it for so long, who could imagine, who could believe their dorky work colleague could be capable of this kind of depravity!?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t think you should be kicking yourself for being taken in by her. Your perspective on it comes from a different place to ours because of your own little miracle babies and you’re naturally going to struggle even more to contemplate how somebody could be so evil to something so tiny when you probably received nothing but absolute pure kindness from the nurses involved in your babies care. It is such a lot to get your head around - it goes against absolutely everything every instinct and experience tells us should happen. Go easy on yourself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Be interesting what the next poll will be as it’s still just over 60% in guilty camp.
After poor baby F I can’t see how anyone can think shes not done it now.
I feel for her parents too though as surely they must start to have doubts now too sitting in court listening to this daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve caught up on the podcasts today whilst working my way through a neglected pile of ironing.

There is a bonus episode which is an interview with the courtroom artist. I never knew they weren’t allowed to sketch in court in this country! They can make notes to help them but the sketches are done outside of court and from memory! It explains why the likeness isn’t that great (although they don’t seem to acknowledge that 🤣). The artist that has done Lucy ones also did James Bulger trial and Harold Shipman trial. As such a long case she probably won’t be back to do more sketches until the defence start their case.

• Wow
It's interesting that LL constantly seems to require the support and reassurance of her colleagues when she texts them but very rarely affords them the same in return. Really speaks to her narcissism IMO.

The salsa thing as evidence was admittedly weird to me but I wonder if prosecution are using it to start to build up a picture that contradicts the defence's characterisation of her as a woman in anguish. I've said before that I work in mental health and we're actively encouraged to keep up with our hobbies and self-care as our work can be physically and emotionally draining. Therefore, on its own, LL going to a salsa class during some tough shifts means very little to me. However, if we start to see a pattern of LL going out and living her best life while also putting on a front of being so deeply affected she's crying and writing anguished notes then the two won't mesh and could indicate more deception perhaps.
100% this. I completely agree

Reactions: 6
Regarding the photo of the 2017 night out - They might have had no idea the extent of the investigation at that point. She may not have even told them why she was taken off the unit and put onto admin duties.. She may have spun it as a ‘I need a break after all the deaths poor me’ excuse.

The podcast link for poster who asked.

Last edited:
Was typing something else and something popped in my head and I wanna get it down before I forget. Is it confirmed Lucy was a much wanted/waited for child? We know the parents of A&B had some sort of issue/wait to have these babies. Could she have recognised her own parents in these parents, knowing herself through her own parents how the babies parents would of been feeling and what they had gone through to have their baby/ies and it just gave her the ultimate kick? Is that why she sometimes left more sick babies to go after specific ones? I know what I mean but don't think I'm wording it very well. The wickedness is hard to wrap my head around.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think she liked to see others happy because she didn’t have any happiness of her own. There’s been no texts to friends outside of work so it’s possible she didn’t have anyone else, no relationship of her own etc. some people go to extreme lengths to ruin things that others have.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.