• Guilty

Votes: 308 62.6%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 32 6.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 152 30.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from

Reactions: 7
Thanks for new thread. Voted unsure as I have on all the polls so far. Still reserving judgement until I've heard all the evidence.

Hopefully there will be some live reporting today. It's quite hard tonfollow when there isn't or they do really short days

Reactions: 16
I've gone for unsure. Previously I've said guilty, but I dunno...I'm going to wait for more evidence.

Reactions: 14
I've gone for unsure. Previously I've said guilty, but I dunno...I'm going to wait for more evidence.
This is me to be honest. I feel like there was more going on beyond 'normal' deterioration, and certainly some of LLs actions and messages seem odd; but if I was on the jury I wouldn't be able to say I believed she was guilty beyond reasonable doubt at this point. Open minded though.

Reactions: 23
Me too. I’ve flip-flopped from unsure to guilty to unsure again. I do lean more towards guilty but agree, I need to get the rest of the evidence before I can settle.

Reactions: 16
I’ve voted Guilty still but from the evidence heard so far I’m not sure if I believe how she allegedly murdered them is correct.

I’m leaning more towards sabotage. Messing with equipment etc in line with problems the babies were suffering from to make it look like natural decline.

I might change my mind on that the further we go but still 100% guilty either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s world prematurity day today. Thinking of the families even more today as they should be celebrating their little miracles rather than sat in a court room listening to awful details about their precious babies 😔💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I've voted NG. As we all know I've stated why throughout threads and even me pointing it out feels like repeating myself. In summary. What the prosecution are selling - I aint buying.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Where is this the on call consultant “couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed” coming from? All we have seen is she was in either her own accommodation, or hospital accommodation. Was called twice by registrar, plan made over phone both times, and she said she wouldn’t have done anything different if she’d been there, but now says she probably should have got there earlier in hindsight. Don’t understand why people are saying she couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed🤯 this was more reporting on what actually happened and no where in any report has it mentioned her not getting out of bed, we have no idea what she was doing while in accommodation, she could have been on the phone to other doctors, she could have been resting, she could have been catching up on notes for all we know. Either way it’s totally irrelevant and nowhere does it say about her being in bed, not fair to then say she couldn’t be bothered getting out of it

86A05F14-798E-44F6-B0D4-54E40C69D208.png
362C9D48-29B5-4A10-8BF3-97E9B76283AF.png
7BF25889-77E0-4348-9D5C-4696AF13F931.png

• Heart
I’ve voted Guilty still but from the evidence heard so far I’m not sure if I believe how she allegedly murdered them is correct.

I’m leaning more towards sabotage. Messing with equipment etc in line with problems the babies were suffering from to make it look like natural decline.

I might change my mind on that the further we go but still 100% guilty either way.
Good points!! Still think the deaths and crashes were malicious not just gross incompetence by someone (Letby) but it still seems vague to the exact cause, although I do understand in these cases it can be hard to prove 100%.

As people has said before, we all technically die of heartfailure 🤷‍♀️

Where is this the on call consultant “couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed” coming from? All we have seen is she was in either her own accommodation, or hospital accommodation. Was called twice by registrar, plan made over phone both times, and she said she wouldn’t have done anything different if she’d been there, but now says she probably should have got there earlier in hindsight. Don’t understand why people are saying she couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed🤯 this was more reporting on what actually happened and no where in any report has it mentioned her not getting out of bed, we have no idea what she was doing while in accommodation, she could have been on the phone to other doctors, she could have been resting, she could have been catching up on notes for all we know. Either way it’s totally irrelevant and nowhere does it say about her being in bed, not fair to then say she couldn’t be bothered getting out of it

View attachment 1737346View attachment 1737347View attachment 1737348
100%, its been annoying me greatly and I didn't know how to word it in a way that others didn't feel attacked.

I don't want people to feel that way but the assumptions people are making are unhelpful and distract from the information we have actually been provided.

It's hard enough to wade through without unhelpful exaggerations.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've voted NG. As we all know I've stated why throughout threads and even me pointing it out feels like repeating myself. In summary. What the prosecution are selling - I aint buying.
Well those families want justice, not a miscarriage of justice, so it's only fair that discussion is balanced. I agree with you though, although I sway more towards guilty, I've just not bought into everything that the prosecution are selling.

Reactions: 9
Good points!! Still think the deaths and crashes were malicious not just gross incompetence by someone (Letby) but it still seems vague to the exact cause, although I do understand in these cases it can be hard to prove 100%.

100%, its been annoying me greatly and I didn't know how to word it in a way that others didn't feel attacked.

I don't want people to feel that way but the assumptions people are making and unhelpful and distract from the information we have actually been provided.

A death will be hard to ascertain if it’s sabotage won’t it because A) you’re never thinking that could be possible and B) nobody will have ever seen these kind of reactions and medical journeys taking these directions and twists and turns.

The picture of the docs kind of not understanding what is happening or going on to me feel like they are dealing with things that are not following normal paths or don’t usually happen and hadn’t shown warning signs. Are they all useless or are they working against something sabotaging. They clearly begin to get a ‘something is not right’ type suspicion eventually- I am interested in how that unfolded.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Unsure as per,
I've noticed a few things in the trial this week that have made me question the prosecutions presentation of their exhibits. More specifically, what they aren't presenting and the reasoning behind it. Even with poor reporting it's clear some level of confusion is happening in the court room.

Reactions: 10

There's a lot of reaching imo and assumptions being made about how these things work in healthcare which I agree isn't overly helpful.

Have we seen the messages LL sent to a doctor yet? Or is that for later babies? I know we've seen some between nurses but I'm sure it was mentioned in the opening that she messaged a doctor as well?

Reactions: 7

Hospital accommodation is essentially a room with a bed so I'm not sure what else she could have been doing.
It's fine to say thst you wouldn't have done anything different but you just don't know that. You're getting bits of information over the phone, you're not seeing the full clinical picture but what she did know was that this baby had lost a massive amount of blood and they didn't know why. The reg had never seen a small baby bleed like that. This is a significant decline and I think the consultant should have been there.
I'm not sure why we're so keen to defend a doctor who fucked up. I'm not saying she caused his death, but she did duck up and its not good enough. These babies deserved better.

• Sad
Reactions: 20

I don't want people to feel that way but the assumptions people are making and unhelpful and distract from the information we have actually been provided.

People have been making assumptions about LL aswell, and I understand that she's the one on trial but if you've followed any previous trial threads on Tattle, the only people who are not scrutinised are the victims.

Unsure as per,
I've noticed a few things in the trial this week that have made me question the prosecutions presentation of their exhibits. More specifically, what they aren't presenting and the reasoning behind it. Even with poor reporting it's clear some level of confusion is happening in the court room.
I am guessing the 'missing bits' will be presented by the defence to create a fuller picture?

Reactions: 1
I voted guilty, nothing I have heard so far has changed my mind but if defence come out with something I am completely open to changing my mind.
I am not medical but when more than one Dr comes out and says the babies were harmed deliberately, I can’t ignore that as they are actually the experts. If it wasn’t Lucy, nobody has came up with someone else who just happened to be there at all the unexplained deaths.
I agree the care was not up to the standards, but if that was the cause of babies dying we wouldn’t be here as the CPS have considered this in there case. Also if it was down to bad care, why were their not more deaths in babies that were in worse condition in some of the cases we have seen ?
Whatever the outcome my thoughts are with the parents who will never get over the loss of their precious babies no matter what happened 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I've gone back to unsure after one guilty last time.

I am an NHS manager and I will be the first to say the NHS is in huge trouble. In my experience, things were a lot better in 2015-16.

I support NHS staff the vast majority of whom go above and beyond every day, which is the only reason it's not already gone.

However I don't think you can discuss this case without discussing hospital failings.

If I had to give a view, it would be that she is guilty but could well get away with it because of the jury's perception of the unit.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.