Lucy Letby Case #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that Letby referred to SE (designated nurse for baby C) as the new girl a couple of times in texts when she actually came through the unit as a student.

Reactions: 11
Do they still do pre-birth screening for Downs Syndrome? They used to. I don’t think it’s 100% accurate but would it not pick up most cases?
Plus there are physical signs that would be noted after birth.
Yes they do, in the first trimester usually. The standard test on the NHS is to take measurements from the fetus at the 12 week scan along with a blood test from the mother to calculate the probability your child may have Down's Syndrome. It's not a definitive 'Yes or no' & isn't always accurate (70-80%). There is screening available past the first trimester but that is even less accurate.
Privately there is a Harmony test which is almost 99% accurate but I don't think the NHS fund this in all trusts. If you had a high probablitily from the early screening then you would be referred for further testing in the form of a amniocentesis. At the 20 week scan they are checking for physical abnormalities which might be associated with Down's syndrome etc.
I suppose each test has a risk that it's not accurate & then the amniocentesis comes with its own high risk. Individuals may opt out of screening altogether & then there are cases where it just isn't picked up. A friend of mine was low risk, had a low probability from her screening & her son was born with Down Syndrome & it was all a bit of a shock.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Which was the teeny tiny baby that was described as 'feisty' and fought off previous attacks? That's the one that truly broke my heart. He literally fought for his life 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The wording of the defence opening statement has bothered me, and I know some people have touched on it here.

I know the defence statement was very short, and I think they've done that on purpose.

I really think something massive is going to come from the defence, that LL had made complaints or raised concerns about the level of care/staffing.

I'm not sure how that can be reconciled with the insulin cases, it's all so complex.

I doubt it. Even if that were the case, it will be construed as part of her method/plan. She’s both sick and cunning. She will not get away with this. She did it all AND more. Horrible woman
pl
Wonder what the delay is.
delayed train at Northern line..judge was late arriving

Reactions: 3
Which was the teeny tiny baby that was described as 'feisty' and fought off previous attacks? That's the one that truly broke my heart. He literally fought for his life 💔
baby c x

The prosecution asks: "Whose responsibility is it to ensure the memory box is made and who takes care of it?"

The nurse: "The designated nurse at the time, if they're able."

The nurse said Melanie Taylor took over as designated nurse and "partly" arranged the memory box.

The nurse explains she asked Lucy Letby to focus back on a baby in nursery room 3, but Letby went into the family room "a few times". The nurse recalled asking Lucy Letby to leave the family to Melanie Taylor.

The nurse tells the court Letby did not have any designated duties to be in the family room, and told her "more than once" not to be in the family room

What is she playing at ? Guilty or not she is so unprofessional!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
God LL keep going into the family room despite being told not to. Even if she is innocent of this and we end up with an alternative explanation, was she just being a grief tourist or something? She had already said she didn't want to see family of baby A and B after everything and how hard it was, yet here she is inserting herself into the tradegy around Baby C despite it being nothing to do with her.

• Angry
Reactions: 26
God LL keep going into the family room despite being told not to. Even if she is innocent of this and we end up with an alternative explanation, was she just being a grief tourist or something? She had already said she didn't want to see family of baby A and B after everything and how hard it was, yet here she is inserting herself into the tradegy around Baby C despite it being nothing to do with her.
It's so strange, isn't it? Such odd behaviour from a nurse in a professional setting. There was no reason for her to be in that room, yet she kept intruding rather than giving the family some space.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The whole Facebook searches around Christmas and anniversaries ties in with that too. Obviously she’s checking around them times to see if the parents post about their babies 😢 what a strange unhealthy obsession she had.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Had a look on the colleagues fb, seeing LL in so many pictures is really eerie. If she’s guilty I can’t imagine how those poor colleagues will feel.
I do wonder why the people haven't deleted those pics, or locked down their profiles at least. You're right it is so eerie

Reactions: 10
It makes me wonder if she was going in to see if they had any suspicions/concerns & to see if she “got away with it” (should she be guilty, which is my current feeling)

Reactions: 13
baby c x

The prosecution asks: "Whose responsibility is it to ensure the memory box is made and who takes care of it?"

The nurse: "The designated nurse at the time, if they're able."

The nurse said Melanie Taylor took over as designated nurse and "partly" arranged the memory box.

The nurse explains she asked Lucy Letby to focus back on a baby in nursery room 3, but Letby went into the family room "a few times". The nurse recalled asking Lucy Letby to leave the family to Melanie Taylor.

The nurse tells the court Letby did not have any designated duties to be in the family room, and told her "more than once" not to be in the family room

What is she playing at ? Guilty or not she is so unprofessional!
Exactly.....this is bizarre ...I keep saying this....why the hell is she not concentrating on her own patients/babies if she's so traumatised by recent events...? I wouldn't want to take my eyes off them, never mind interfering in someone else's patient...and especially when asked by my senior to basically bugger off and do just that😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I find the timeline of alleged attacks very interesting. There seems to be a cluster, followed by a break, followed by further clusters. I wonder was there suspicions and an atmosphere among staff, with breaks in between to let the dust settle before allegedly attacking again.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It's so strange, isn't it? Such odd behaviour from a nurse in a professional setting. There was no reason for her to be in that room, yet she kept intruding rather than giving the family some space.
And we also have the evidence from several parents statements that show she said insensitive (I gave her the first bath she loved it) and inappropriate things (smiling inappropriately and you’ve said your goodbyes) or was acting suspiciously (child that was bleeding heavily and needed a feed and she told mum to leave). So it is not like she was skilled at dealing with families and that was why.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What kind of nurse would have to be told more than once to get out of the family room when a baby was dying……
Was she enjoying seeing the parents pain ???
Also why is this nurse not named but the others are , I find that strange

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Exactly.....this is bizarre ...I keep saying this....why the hell is she not concentrating on her own patients/babies if she's so traumatised by recent events...? I wouldn't want to take my eyes off them, never mind interfering in someone else's patient...and especially when asked by my senior to basically bugger off and do just that😡😡
Exactly.
If she had caused the incident that led to Baby C’s dying, then ‘kept going into the room’ to witness this while he was being held by his parents. Very sick.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.