Lucy Letby Case #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still guilty for me, but still want to be shown otherwise. Hideous either way but believing babies were deliberately murdered is far worse. Looking worse as we go on, dread to think what could still come.

I think that’s what she’s saying, you and another poster cleared it up. stop starting 🤣🤣🤣
I'm not starting anything, Jesus man, why has everything got to be so serious? I'm making lighthearted jokes. Chill. It was me being called out for an insult I didn't make so I want to clear that up, thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know it’s understandable that she was seeking comfort from her mum but she should not have been giving any identifiable details of the baby due to patient confidentiality.
I know she didn’t give the baby’s name (a big no-no) but she’s still over sharing.
She could simply say ‘a baby died’.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Still guilty for me, but still want to be shown otherwise. Hideous either way but believing babies were deliberately murdered is far worse. Looking worse as we go on, dread to think what could still come.
Ah I know, prosecution seemed to allude to the evidence becoming worse and more obvious. Those poor families ❤

I know it’s understandable that she was seeking comfort from her mum but she should not have been giving any identifiable details of the baby due to patient confidentiality.
I know she didn’t give the baby’s name (a big no-no) but she’s still over sharing.
She could simply say ‘a baby died’.
Its just not something I can imagine ever texting about either. If I wanted comfort, I would've called my mum. Maybe that's just me though.

Reactions: 6
I do wonder if she is found guilty if the family’s will come out in the press and speak, if it was me I would want the world to know my little darling was called Charlotte ( just using that name as an example) not just known as baby E obviously very much to their own views, I know in the BA case the family’s spoke out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I do wonder if she is found guilty if the family’s will come out in the press and speak, if it was me I would want the world to know my little darling was called Charlotte ( just using that name as an example) not just known as baby E obviously very much to their own views, I know in the BA case the family’s spoke out.
Most definitely I would too💔😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The defence’s questioning isn’t particularly strong IMO. Seems like they just skirt around it a bit but never get to any solid point with their questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah I have made that point a fair few times, but I haven't watched it and should really seems as I'm following this so closely. I didn't know that, that is bold. I just don't know though. The medical evidence we've heard isn't great but the fact the deaths were initially ruled to have happened due to other causes does cast doubt in my mind. The texts aren't exactly a 'gotcha' moment for the prosecution. I see what other posters say a picture is starting to emerge though and that's probably what's swayed me to unsure. Things from both sides have me thinking hmmmmmm.
You can watch it on prime probably on other places I watched on prime free . She looked normal crazy really was a sad watch xx think she was even god mother to one child x

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The defence’s questioning isn’t particularly strong IMO. Seems like they just skirt around it a bit but never get to any solid point with their questions.
I'm wondering whether the holes that they're trying to poke will be backed by their own expert witness later on. I don't suppose there's much else they can do other than get the medics to acknowledge other issues with the babies at this stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm wondering whether the holes that they're trying to poke will be backed by their own expert witness later on. I don't suppose there's much else they can do other than get the medics to acknowledge other issues with the babies at this stage.
I was just thinking the same...you've worded it better than I could...he's probably managed to leave a seed of doubt in his latest questioning with reference to Baby C💔💔

Reactions: 2
It's so hard to say isn't it as the reporting can be patchy in places. Sometimes we get more context or dialogue in the evening newspaper writeups which fills in some of the gaps. But yes, I guess they are trying to paint that he was more unwell than the prosecution state and shouldn't have been there, but the questions are quite wooly

Reactions: 7
I’m still unsure, but as I’ve said previously that could be because I don’t want to accept that this could have actually happened.

Some quoting of loss and the parent’s statements in the previous thread have left me cold.

I simply could not go on if my daughter died. My life would be over. There would be no point.

I remember when my dog passed away (I was 7 months pregnant at the time), I let out such a howl, my husband leapt out of bed and thought something was wrong with the baby. Because of the noise I made. That’s the most despairing I have ever been, my husband won’t forget that.

It does seem strange LL didn’t remember the reaction on Baby A’s parents…

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Id give it a watch! Another big point I took from the documentary which is comparable here, was those children were also ruled as dying from other causes. It wasn’t until they delved deeper, made the professional (can’t remember the job title) take another look that it changed the reason for their collapse’s. They also later on managed to get hold of old blood samples which showed poisoning for many of the victims! The said blood samples should have been thrown out after 6 months but they weren’t because the lab where they were held hadn’t got round to it (sheer luck). Allit could have so easily walked free or been found NG for many of her victims. The only one they had any real proof of prior to the above was from a child poisoned by insulin, but again that could have easily been thrown out if they couldn’t prove she was linked to other collapse’s.
Not sure if this happened with any of Lucy cases but on that film it showed they had to dig a victims coffin up to do look Again at cause of death . I wonder did they do that with any of the victims in this trial x

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Baby C does seem the most vulnerable so far. I wonder if her quest to get into room 1 was because, unfortunately, with the issues, and potential issues, he had, his death would seem less suspicious?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The hospital haven’t denied that the babies had other problems but they were all said to be doing really well and their collapses were unexpected by everyone who has given a statement so far.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Baby C does seem the most vulnerable so far. I wonder if her quest to get into room 1 was because, unfortunately, with the issues, and potential issues, he had, his death would seem less suspicious?
It's also a case the defence may be able to plant enough doubt about. Given he seemed so unwell and they appear to be questioning if they gave enough appropriate care at the time. The black stomach aspirate sounds horrible but it doesn't seem to have worried the staff much at the time despite it being noted as worrying. Going to be hard to prove this was not just sub optimal care of a baby who should have been in a level 3 nicu.

As long as there is a glimmer of doubt, the jury may have to really debate and quextion if they believe LL was guilty of this one or not.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m still unsure, but as I’ve said previously that could be because I don’t want to accept that this could have actually happened.

Some quoting of loss and the parent’s statements in the previous thread have left me cold.

I simply could not go on if my daughter died. My life would be over. There would be no point.

I remember when my dog passed away (I was 7 months pregnant at the time), I let out such a howl, my husband leapt out of bed and thought something was wrong with the baby. Because of the noise I made. That’s the most despairing I have ever been, my husband won’t forget that.

It does seem strange LL didn’t remember the reaction on Baby A’s parents…
She was possibly quite cold and detached if she was saying things like ‘You’ve said your goodbyes…’ to other parents that she probably didn’t care how they felt at the time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure if this happened with any of Lucy cases but on that film it showed they had to dig a victims coffin up to do look Again at cause of death . I wonder did they do that with any of the victims in this trial x
I think we have watched different documentaries, I don’t remember that being said last night when I watched! I’ll take a look on prime. I watched two different ones last night and the itv one gave more info than the YouTube one I watched. There is another on nowtv also. Shocking case! But the thing I took most from it wasn’t comparing letby to Allit, but rather the similarities within the actual investigation and really brought home just how hard it is to get the point they are at now in trying to get a conviction.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is a summary of what the medical experts said for the opening statement. It does look like it will be more difficult to prove. I think someone pointed out the parents wrote statements in 2019 and not 2017 so seems like it could be a charge added much later on.

Medical experts (child c)

Dr Dewi Evans heard that infection was a "significant factor" in Child C's collapse, but could not adequately explain it. He had concerns about Child C's sudden deterioration.

The cause of death was ‘widespread hypoxic/ischaemic damage to the heart/myocardium’ due to lung disease, with maternal vascular under perfusion as a contributary factor.
A medical expert concluded Child C was killed by air "deliberately put into the nasal gastric tube".

The prosecution say this was a "variant or refinement of a theme Letby had started with the twins".

The prosecution added an independent pathlogist said the skin colour changes in Child C were likely caused by prolonged unsuccessful resuscitation.

Child C had pneumonia, but the pathologist concluded Child C died as a result of having an excessive quantity of air injected into his stomach via the nasogastric tube (NGT).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.