Lucy Letby Case #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the messages clearing it up šŸ˜‚ can't quote you both as nap time is over šŸ˜‚

Guilty for me and to think we aren't even hearing the full story the the Dr's testimony really sealed it for me

• Heart
Reactions: 17
LL claiming she doesnā€™t know or doesnā€™t remember key things to do with the case is a big red flag šŸš© to me

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I've put unsure again. I think prosecution are starting to paint a picture which could sway towards guilty, but that is exactly what they are there to do. I want to hear more evidence from both sides or something that is really, really compelling and would be hard to to defend before I decide. Even though the 2 medical experts were very compelling, I still feel the defence will bring their own experts to dispute it or undermine it and introduce doubt, so I'll reserve judgement until then.

I have to say, I am finding all the discussion and debate and differing view points really interesting though, and can totally see how/why people are being swayed to one side or the other. I'm finding myself agreeing and liking a lot of comments from both sides of the fence and it's giving me plenty to think about and mull overwhilst I get things clear in my own mind, so thanks to everyone who is contributing. Such a horrible case but it's good to have people to (respectfully) discuss it and process it with

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I started the first few polls with ā€œunsureā€
Voted guilty for the last 2 I think.
I said at the start I would wait to hear all the evidence. Havenā€™t kept to my word as I feel the evidence against her is mounting up.
Maybe the defence will put up enough doubt to swing me back to unsure or even not guilty but itā€™s unlikely

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've gone for unsure. Been reading and observing but not got any useful insight to add for now.
Hey šŸ‘‹, I wanted to discuss a point you have brought up a few times over the previous threads (I think it was you). You know when you couldnā€™t get your head around the timing of baby Aā€™s death how letby was so brazen to murder her first alleged victim after starting her shift so shortly before! Well I donā€™t know if you have watched the Beverly Allit documentaries ? But she murdered or attempted to (canā€™t remember which) her first victim after only working in the unit for four bloody days! Madness so it isnā€™t Iā€™d say that crazy in comparison to that. Just a thought doesnā€™t prove anything but made me think of your post last night x

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I've never voted, but I've always felt she was guilty and nothing has yet changed my mind. I think I said before, I almost 'want' her to be guilty, because if she's not then there is the most horrendous cover up ever, and/or there's someone else running around killing babies. Obviously she should have a fair trial, not least because if she is guilty and gets life I dont want her to have grounds for appeal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I was unsure previously swaying more to guilty now but still open minded about everything.

Reactions: 8
@Walnutss mate ffs if you are referring to me calling you nut itā€™s because YOUR NAME IS WALNUTS, I thought that was obvious I was making a lighthearted joke šŸ˜­šŸ’€šŸ«£šŸ¤£šŸ˜«

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Does anyone know how many cases Ben has actually lost? His cases he has won do make him look good (if you want to describe it as that as some of the crimes on there are horrific) but that means nothing without seeing how many he has lost too

Reactions: 7
Right whoā€™s not guilty in the poll? Iā€™d love to hear your take who ever you may be

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hey šŸ‘‹, I wanted to discuss a point you have brought up a few times over the previous threads (I think it was you). You know when you couldnā€™t get your head around the timing of baby Aā€™s death how letby was so brazen to murder her first alleged victim after starting he shift so shortly before! Well I donā€™t know if you have watched the Beverly Allit documentaries ? But she murdered or attempted to (canā€™t remember which) her first victim after only working in the unit for four bloody days! Madness so it isnā€™t Iā€™d say that crazy in comparison to that. Just a thought doesnā€™t prove anything but made me think of your post last night x
Yeah I have made that point a fair few times, but I haven't watched it and should really seems as I'm following this so closely. I didn't know that, that is bold. I just don't know though. The medical evidence we've heard isn't great but the fact the deaths were initially ruled to have happened due to other causes does cast doubt in my mind. The texts aren't exactly a 'gotcha' moment for the prosecution. I see what other posters say a picture is starting to emerge though and that's probably what's swayed me to unsure. Things from both sides have me thinking hmmmmmm.

Reactions: 10
Still unsure-
sway over to guilty
back to not guilty

Mostly just questioning everything from every angle, and hoping that the winning side it the right one

Reactions: 12
I've never voted, but I've always felt she was guilty and nothing has yet changed my mind. I think I said before, I almost 'want' her to be guilty, because if she's not then there is the most horrendous cover up ever, and/or there's someone else running around killing babies. Obviously she should have a fair trial, not least because if she is guilty and gets life I dont want her to have grounds for appeal.
That's it, the evidence has to be strong enough so there's no grounds for appeal. That's why I was concerned about experts going down data traps and using statistics. Even through my own personal experience, I've never thought this was negligence...I couldn't even wrap my head around that.

Reactions: 7
If this was a case of one baby dying in suspicious circumstances, I might not be so sure sheā€™s guilty. But there is such a strong pattern already emerging and weā€™ve only got to Baby C

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Did anyone else watch ā€˜The good Nurseā€™ last night?
He managed to con his colleague really quickly by seeming to be interested in her well-being.
9 years of evidence being swept under the carpet, and he was not stopped from going from hospital to hospital.
I know itā€™s probably been dramatised a bit, but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Still unsure. The prosecution have done a good job so far, I'm reserving judgement until the defence have had their turn.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I have made that point a fair few times, but I haven't watched it and should really seems as I'm following this so closely. I didn't know that, that is bold. I just don't know though. The medical evidence we've heard isn't great but the fact the deaths were initially ruled to have happened due to other causes does cast doubt in my mind. The texts aren't exactly a 'gotcha' moment for the prosecution. I see what other posters say a picture is starting to emerge though and that's probably what's swayed me to unsure. Things from both sides have me thinking hmmmmmm.
Id give it a watch! Another big point I took from the documentary which is comparable here, was those children were also ruled as dying from other causes. It wasnā€™t until they delved deeper, made the professional (canā€™t remember the job title) take another look that it changed the reason for their collapseā€™s. They also later on managed to get hold of old blood samples which showed poisoning for many of the victims! The said blood samples should have been thrown out after 6 months but they werenā€™t because the lab where they were held hadnā€™t got round to it (sheer luck). Allit could have so easily walked free or been found NG for many of her victims. The only one they had any real proof of prior to the above was from a child poisoned by insulin, but again that could have easily been thrown out if they couldnā€™t prove she was linked to other collapseā€™s.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Iā€™m pretty much swayed towards guilty.

if she was being used as a scapegoat, then surely the babies would have died from something relating to neglect or untreated illness? But most of these babies were (although small & prem) technically were stable and in as good as position as they could have been.

they then died from what appears to be an air embolus or almost died from insulin poisoning. These babies went down rapidly, they werenā€™t deteriorating due to ill health with no one noticing. They went from stable to death in minutes.

so I do believe someone murdered them, at the moment Iā€™m very much swayed that LL did it, due to the fact she was the only one there for each case & some of the other comments made by colleagues and also her texting people each time a baby died (it seemed like she couldnā€™t wait to tell people?). I donā€™t believe this is a coverup for hospital negligence.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I voted guilty, I think for me someone was harming/killing the poor babies after hearing the expert Dr testify.
So itā€™s someone working there if not Lucy someone else, however I kind of trust that the police have done their work and narrowed it down to her as we havenā€™t been given any other suspects. And given her shift patterns to me sheā€™s looking like the guilty party.
What is also strange is sheā€™s got time to text for long periods but we have heard that they were understaffed and extremely busy?
I would like to be wrong though and some other explanation as itā€™s just horrific, poor parents šŸ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.