Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree.....easy and can be done quickly and without anyone noticing, sadly 😢
yet interestingly Lucy said in her police interview it would be hard to do?

It was suggested by police that Letby had administered an air emolus. She replied it would have been very hard to push air through the line.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Another example of her trying to shift blame to me, a paper trail of pointing out other people were looking after the baby, not her. I wonder if that's why she didn't want her designated baby, because there would be no evidence/less of her actually being with Baby C?
I’m sure they said previously that she had signed for meds on babies in that room when she was working in another room. There’s also the door records.

Reactions: 7
Hi guys. Just come across this thread so I'm going to go back and read from the beginning. Just a quick hello from me and I hope you're all managing OK with hearing the details from this case as I expect it has been pretty soul destroying 💙
Just to jump back in, sorry. Am I right in saying threads 1-3 are missing? They seem to start from thread 4 for some reason

It was suggested by police that Letby had administered an air emolus. She replied it would have been very hard to push air through the line.
So she doesn’t know what one is but she knows how one would administer one 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m sure they said previously that she had signed for meds on babies in that room when she was working in another room. There’s also the door records.
Wouldn't the door records just be the main door? I've never been on any ward with swipe access to each individual treatment area, just the main door and meds cupboard.

Reactions: 2
The texts alone don’t incriminate her, we’re all aware of that. As @Tofino put it so well, no single piece of evidence is enough to incriminate her. But we’re hearing the bigger picture. What was she like, what kind of person was she, how did she interact with others etc.

As we’re seeing, all these things stack up and create a pretty damning picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just to jump back in, sorry. Am I right in saying threads 1-3 are missing? They seem to start from thread 4 for some reason
Here is thread 1

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think yes there would have been evidence, but she could have explained it a way, like she was needed, someone on a break just for an example easy for the defence to cast doubt . However, the texts paint a different picture of her needing to be in there which makes you view it in a very different more sinister way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Yeah ...she's talking rubbish and down right lying there😡

I’ve wondered with a case as complex as this whether they are able to check that the jury member is capable of understanding the information particularly the medical stuff that will be shown to them throughout the trial?
If the jury are just randomly selected from members of the public then yes you will have some educated/intelligent people but then you will also have some uneducated and shall we say intellectually challenged people who would just not be able to get their head around it or have the capability to make a decision based on this no matter how much it is dumbed down.
Does anyone know whether this is something that is checked or they’re allowed to?
I know there was a fair bit of time taken on the jury selection for this case, could of been because of a few reasons though. IQ wouldn't normally be an issue,

Tbf I can't imagine most people would be able to fully understand what is being put across in some of this trial, that's before you consider the victims and the enormity of it all

I'm very curious to see how the poll is going to look on the next thread! Think this may be our biggest shift yet.

Reactions: 17
Wouldn't the door records just be the main door? I've never been on any ward with swipe access to each individual treatment area, just the main door and meds cupboard.
I think each door might have a swipe access because they’ve used the door records previously to put her in room ? at X time.

Reactions: 3
Just for balance :unsure:

The colleague replies: "It will be but it does happen to these babies unfortunately."

The colleague recalls a baby who had previously died in the neonatal unit, but had "overwhelming sepsis" so "nothing would have saved that baby".

Letby, in her reply, says: "It's heartbreaking but it's not about me."

Letby: "It's not about me or anybody else, it's those poor parents who have to walk away without their baby."

Letby: "We are a good team and we will get through. You did so so well."

The colleague: "We all did - so lucky to work with such an amazing and supportive team."

Reactions: 12

The colleague replies: "It will be but it does happen to these babies unfortunately."

The colleague recalls a baby who had previously died in the neonatal unit, but had "overwhelming sepsis" so "nothing would have saved that baby".

Letby: "It's not about me or anybody else, it's those poor parents who have to walk away without their baby."

The colleague: "We all did - so lucky to work with such an amazing and supportive team."
What is this supposed to prove? She still comes across obsessive IMO.

Like "it's not about me" No it isn't so what a strange thing to even think of saying. It's like she enjoys the thought of their pain.

The way I see it is her saying ‘It’s not about me but I’m going to go on and on about how hard it’s been for ME.’ When one colleague fobs her off she starts texting another.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think yes there would have been evidence, but she could have explained it a way, like she was needed, someone on a break just for an example easy for the defence to cast doubt . However, the texts paint a different picture of her needing to be in there which makes you view in a very different more sinister way.
I think that’s why the prosecution are using the texts as the defence could offer reasonable explanations for her being in the rooms when she wasn’t meant to be etc but the texts cast doubt on that as it appears she was facilitating it herself rather than them needing her due to staffing levels etc

• Heart

Exactly what an attention seeker would reply IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What is this supposed to prove? She still comes across obsessive IMO.

Like "it's not about me" No it isn't so what a strange thing to even think of saying. It's like she enjoys the thought of their pain.
I don't think anything in those texts screams obsessive to me at all, I just find it fascinating how it can be interpreted differently. If you are looking for something, you'll find it.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.