Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she doesn’t know what one is but she knows how one would administer one 🤔
It depends on the question. If she was asked if she had pushed air through a tube or after having an air embolism explained to her she may know the answer?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
what do you make of the message timeline though ? Because while I do think they build on her personality, I don’t necessarily think that is what the prosecution is going for. Or what about the messages about trying to get into room 1 ? Which contradict her police interview? Do you not think that appears sinister ? Not goading genuine question.
Just heading out but I appreciate your questions and will get back to you when I’m back.

Reactions: 3
People need to stop the oh you should see my texts or a few texts isn't context

You bitching about fat Janet in the accounting department isn't the same as discussing babies who have passed away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm not assuming she's guilty or innocent at the moment, I'm just looking at these from a totally blank piece of mind and they don't actually say much to me at all. They read just like normal texts. I could probably imagine myself sending and/or receiving things like this. I understand what the prosecution are trying to do, and it's clear they are succeeding in some cases, but to me it's just additional noise and it's not evidence.
the messages aren’t the prosecutions though. They are agreed facts with the defence and they had opportunity to add additional data. The only messages missing are ones both sides agreed irrelevant to the case.

Ms Hocknell confirms all the evidence collated for the data records has been served upon the defence in advance of the trial.

After the defence had sight of the evidence, additional data record material was sought and added, and any mistakes made in its compilation were corrected.

Hocknell confirms to the court that not all messages found on Letby's phone are in the evidence bundle; some messages are ones which the prosecution and defence are aware of, but do not deem that relevant for the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It depends on the question. If she was asked if she had pushed air through a tube or after having an air embolism explained to her she may know the answer?
We’re talking about a band 6 nurse who was given responsibility for student nurses. Should she really have needed an air embolism explained to her!? If so she shouldn’t have been in that job

• Heart
Reactions: 18

You bitching about fat Janet in the accounting department isn't the same as discussing babies who have passed away
🤣🤣🤣🤣I feel like that was a personal attack, do you know a fat Jan in accounts?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Oh for God's sake. I think we're all aware of that. Alot of people have said it, whether they believe she's innocent, guilty or on the fence. It was a light hearted response when it was starting to get a bit heavy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I’ve never sent any messages like this to work colleagues without sounded horrible after a death we give a hug to each other and go home then text about how fit the DR was today or how I was getting McDonald’s breakfast before work tomorrow 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We’re talking about a band 6 nurse who was given responsibility for student nurses. Should she really have needed an air embolism explained to her!? If so she shouldn’t have been in that job
She definitely should not....and the apparent t lack.of knowledge in this context is scary!!
Unless of course she was lying at interview, not realising she was dropping herself in it....saying she can't explain something so basic!!!

Reactions: 8
Pretty sure these are the parents that a nurse said to ‘you’ve said your goodbyes…'

so she’s trying to turn that around too. I can’t imagine any parent desperate to go home after losing a baby, you’d never want to leave your baby.
To be fair people react differently during times of grief and that's okay. I have sadly been present for a number of deaths, including young children. The shock, the heartbreak, it's a lot parents to take in and often they will just do what they can at the time to survive; for some that's going home as they aren't ready to face the reality. One of the biggest challenges really is knowing that what is objectively 'best' for someone ie taking footprints and handprints so they don't regret missing the chance to isn't always what someone can cope with at that moment in time, not because they're weak or whatever but because we are all only human.

It does take some skill tbh to support parents and families whilst gently pushing or supporting them to do something you know many regret not doing and respecting their wishes during this horrific time. Some didn't want it and that's something you have to respect even if inwardly you think theyll regret it. As a nurse even if you don't understand or you feel frustrated with decisions you don't see as rational, empathy and understanding people is really important. From what limited things we have been told it doesn't seem like she was that great at that element, which in a NICU is arguably more important than anywhere else.

A bit off tangent so apologies, but I don't find the messages that bad in isolation (annoying for colleagues perhaps) but in context they seem quite telling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Oh for God's sake. I think we're all aware of that. Alot of people have said it, whether they believe she's innocent, guilty or on the fence. It was a light hearted response when it was starting to get a bit heavy.
I think ul find mines was light hearted 😂 and to me saying that sounds like you are defending her but I didn't quote anyone it was an observation

I don't often comment but I read everything its hard with a 9 month

Reactions: 4
From press coverage:
She started work at the Countess of Chester Hospital as a Band 5 nurse in the neonatal unit. She was a Band 6 nurse at the time Baby A and his twin sister, Baby B, were born.
Thanks! I remembered reading something about a band 6 and thought it was referring to a nurse giving evidence.

I guess it could go towards explaining why she wanted to be in room 1 if a newer nurse was in there and there was a particularly vulnerable baby, I would always volunteer to take more complex kids and get stuck in when things went tits up when I was a 6 on the wards.

Reactions: 3
It’s things like this text

She is a nurse she knew before she trained what to expect from the job . She knows that in her job role she will have patients sadly pass away . I know the texts look innocent but she is definitely attention seeking . She’s basically sent that text for the colleague to respond giving her attention and nice words . She knows she is going to work it’s just a stunt for attention . The more I see the texts the more I’m convinced she killed these babies for praise and attention from co workers , I have not seen any texts yet from her work colleagues acting the way she has .
I don’t see it that way at all. Even if you choose your job and love it there are still times you don’t want to go to work, so that comment means nothing for me.

it’s the constant fishing for attention that sticks out and having to be the one to message others with the bad news too like the co worker who was off, that’s just not on.

Reactions: 7
Thanks! I remembered reading something about a band 6 and thought it was referring to a nurse giving evidence.

I guess it could go towards explaining why she wanted to be in room 1 if a newer nurse was in there and there was a particularly vulnerable baby, I would always volunteer to take more complex kids and get stuck in when things went tits up when I was a 6 on the wards.
But the child she had that night was the higher needs child but for some reason she decided she didn't want them and kept abandoning them to wander into room 1. She was reprimanded by management for this.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.