Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cause it isn't just the texts, they are just adding to everything else we have heard of her so far.
Exactly...as prosecution said in his opening statements, a pattern would emerge and it does " appear" at this moment to be happening....though I know there's a very long way to go!

Re...the text messages....one of her colleagues responded, when LL said it had been a tough time, or words to that effect, the colleague replies " especially for you!"....already it appears that LL is at the centre of everything???

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah she definitely comes across as enjoying the drama/sympathy of being the person to share the news.Am I i right that she wasn't even designated to baby C?
yep you Are “Letby added, in the message to her mum: "He only weighted 800g...new girl was looking after him, she is devastated."

However, we know from previous messages she spent the shift prior to baby C’s collapse trying to get into room 1. Ignoring her shift leader who had to reinforce where she was supposSed to be. Text also revealed she was giving meds in room 1, when she wasn’t supposed to (all to make HER feel better, because SHE feels SHE needs to be in there). Then we hear from interview one she had nothing to do with child C according to her. Then in interview 2 she agreed she was the only one in the room for child Cs collapse. Without those messages the police wouldnt have necessarily known how she was trying to get into room 1, that is why they are important! X

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I really don't understand this. Why not that baby, why baby C. How was she picking and choosing, it's awful no matter which but I just want to understand why one baby and not the other 😞
Perhaps because the babies in room 1 requires higher care and it could be seen as less surprising if they deteriorated.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It does seem a bit excessive. I’ve worked in care and never known anyone to be like that after someone has died suddenly and unexpectedly. Sure we’d talk about it briefly amongst ourselves and maybe let colleagues know via text but we’d soon move on. Deaths were a normal part of our jobs though as we provided palliative care to elderly people, so maybe that’s the difference? Who knows. I still don’t think she’s coming off well though.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Perhaps because the babies in room 1 requires higher care and it could be seen as less surprising if they deteriorated.
Probably, and I know other people have mentioned she probably had a God complex and that! I guess I'm just desperately trying to makes sense of something that doesn't make sense at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She has such an unnatural obsession with attention though. Like this constant need for everyone to fawn around her. She should have sought support from family and friends not colleagues. She oversteps boundaries that much is clear.
I will say that working in high stress environments you lean massively on your colleagues, I trust some of my colleagues more than my own family, we're dealing with people's lives. We regularly have catch ups, text each other to say how our shift has gone. When you're rolling round on the floor in restraint, stopping each other from getting assaulted, removing ligatures from people's necks, it's a way of working that lots of people can't relate to, and I'm guessing NICU is similar in that respect. My husband is in the NHS but works in outpatients and can't relate at all, he couldn't understand why I bumped family members off my covid wedding to allow colleagues to come.
Not saying she's not attention obsessed, she does seem narcissistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is she trying to imply that the parents didn’t want to spend time with their baby?

View attachment 1682109
Pretty sure these are the parents that a nurse said to ‘you’ve said your goodbyes…'

so she’s trying to turn that around too. I can’t imagine any parent desperate to go home after losing a baby, you’d never want to leave your baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Trigger warning - rape.

I was just thinking how inappropriate it would be and how much of an uproar if police officers working sexual assault cases discussed details of their victims or perps by whatsapp with mates/others....

"Awful tonight mate, white female 14 was raped and beaten by 5 guys. She was small, only 96 lbs. Parents sat with her in the hospital, persuaded them to get x-rays done too but they just wanted to take her home."

Would people really be ok with this? Wouldn't it seem like someone was using your tragedy as a topic of conversation in the most casual communication message there is - also feel a bit like a betrayal that intimate parts of your life are being broadcast so widely to people not connected to your case?

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I don’t know if I’m missing something, but whilst I agree in isolation the text messages may look innocent, isn’t the point meant to be looking at thee bigger picture of how all this fits together if someone is guilty?

Wayne Couzens buying rubble bags is an innocent thing in isolation. You can’t say someone bought rubble bags so they must be a murderer. It’s not until you look at the bigger picture that it fits into place of what his intention was with that. It becomes sinister when you realise what part it played in a murder. It’s not sinister to buy rubble bags in isolation.

Nobody is saying because she sent those messages she must be a murderer.
If she is guilty, the text messages are likely to show motive, deflection and lies. E.g it was the new girl looking after the baby. That would be innocent if it was true and nobody had murdered the baby, showing concern what bad luck for the new girl. The context of a murderer trying to cover the tracks give it a completely different meaning though.

hope I’m explaining what I mean well enough!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
During the heatwave, my sister couldn't get to a work meeting because a train track caught fire. She sent a text like 'yesss no work! train track's on fire'. Got to admit that would look terrible in court. 😬
Only if she was implicated in whatever started the fire 😅👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But how can you get insight into her character from a few chosen texts when you have no idea what other texts say between other staff.
Yes, aware of that also. As I say, it's an attempt.
We're all attempting to work out what has happened and what LL character is by the information provided. Its part of building that picture and making discussion.
She might be innocent and I'm open minded, but these select messages, in my opinion come across as needy.
When different information is provided by either side then that will most likely change my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t know if I’m missing something, but whilst I agree in isolation the text messages may look innocent, isn’t the point meant to be looking at thee bigger picture of how all this fits together if someone is guilty?

Wayne Couzens buying rubble bags is an innocent thing in isolation. You can’t say someone bought rubble bags so they must be a murder. It’s not until you look at the bigger picture that it fits into place of what his intention was with thag.

Nobody is saying because she sent those messages she must be a murderer.
If she is guilty, the text messages are likely to show motive, deflection and lies. E.g it was the new girl looking after the baby. That would be innocent if it was true and nobody had murdered the baby, showing concern what bad luck for the new girl. The context of a murderer trying to cover the tracks give it a completely different meaning though.

hope I’m explaining what I mean well enough!
Explained Perfectly!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I will say that working in high stress environments you lean massively on your colleagues, I trust some of my colleagues more than my own family, we're dealing with people's lives. We regularly have catch ups, text each other to say how our shift has gone. When you're rolling round on the floor in restraint, stopping each other from getting assaulted, removing ligatures from people's necks, it's a way of working that lots of people can't relate to, and I'm guessing NICU is similar in that respect. My husband is in the NHS but works in outpatients and can't relate at all, he couldn't understand why I bumped family members off my covid wedding to allow colleagues to come.
Not saying she's not attention obsessed, she does seem narcissistic.
Oh for sure, I didn't mean never. I just think she has an unnatural preoccupation is all. Like having to be the first to tell colleagues about babies dying, messaging them when she should be tending to babies, messaging them when they are off. It's bordering on obsessive and if she is innocent and it had affected her that badly, she should be seeking help from people who love her, it's too much to put on the shoulders of colleagues IMO. I think you can tell they were finding her too much aswell.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah I’ve worked in a police environment & we wouldn’t discuss our cases like she has with each other (DV cases, some of them nasty). We would have brief conversation in person maybe, check each other are ok but that’s where it would stop. We’d move on to the next job unfortunately. I can recall every “bad” job I’ve worked on in the 2 years I did that job. No names specifically but remember the trauma & the general narrative. We didn’t deal with DV murders (a different team did) but I can’t imagine we’d have behaved any differently that’s why I struggle with understanding her texts to colleagues to the extent they are being shown here

• Heart
Reactions: 16
yep you Are “Letby added, in the message to her mum: "He only weighted 800g...new girl was looking after him, she is devastated."

However, we know from previous messages she spent the shift prior to baby C’s collapse trying to get into room 1. Ignoring her shift leader who had to reinforce where she was supposSed to be. Text also revealed she was giving meds in room 1, when she wasn’t supposed to (all to make HER feel better, because SHE feels SHE needs to be in there). Then we hear from interview one she had nothing to do with child C according to her. Then in interview 2 she agreed she was the only one in the room for child Cs collapse. Without those messages the police wouldnt have necessarily known how she was trying to get into room 1, that is why they are important! X
Another example of her trying to shift blame to me, a paper trail of pointing out other people were looking after the baby, not her. I wonder if that's why she didn't want her designated baby, because there would be no evidence/less of her actually being with Baby C?

Reactions: 14
Her colleagues have told her multiple times to ‘switch off’, they advised her to stay in room 3 and away from the higher needs babies for a while, there’s more that I can’t remember off the top of my head but they were all along the lines of stop thinking about it.
Exactly yes the jobs hard but I said yesterday you have to move on fast . She's the only one that's going on I think she loves attention I think she killed them for attention . I imagine the staff was pissed off with her constant need for attention

She absolutely should not be talking about the parents like that it's wrong I would never dream texting a colleague about personal stuff from a patients family especially at a horrific time for them

• Sad
  • Heart
Pretty sure these are the parents that a nurse said to ‘you’ve said your goodbyes…'

so she’s trying to turn that around too. I can’t imagine any parent desperate to go home after losing a baby, you’d never want to leave your baby.
This makes me so sad and so angry💔😡
I'm a nurse and have also had my fair share of bereavement ( not a baby or child, thank the lord!)
But never have I witnessed anyone " just wanting to go" or in my own case just wanting to go.....i know everyone is different, but I've never ever witnessed that...ever!💔💔💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Exactly yes the jobs hard but I said yesterday you have to move on fast . She's the only one that's going on I think she loves attention I think she killed them for attention . I imagine the staff was pissed off with her constant need for attention

She absolutely should not be talking about the parents like that it's wrong I would never dream texting a colleague about personal stuff from a patients family especially at a horrific time for them
I'd be bereft to think someone was talking about me screaming on the floor. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd expect it would come up in physical conversation, because that's natural. But I dunno, something about it over text feels utterly wrong and like an invasion of privacy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.