Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
I’m still firmly in the guilty camp and waiting to hear more evidence in the coming months

• In some cases, babies were killed by insulin poisoning. This isn’t something that can happen without an external interference.
• The insulin poisoning is an agreed fact, LL has agreed that it happened.
• Someone had to have tampered with the TPN bag (etc) for it to have happened.
• If it wasn’t LL, it had to be someone else on the ward.
• She is statistically the one staff member who was the most present at the times babies collapsed.
And last but not least,
• She wrote a note saying “I killed them on purpose”

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Tofino

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’m missing something, but whilst I agree in isolation the text messages may look innocent, isn’t the point meant to be looking at thee bigger picture of how all this fits together if someone is guilty?

Wayne Couzens buying rubble bags is an innocent thing in isolation. You can’t say someone bought rubble bags so they must be a murderer. It’s not until you look at the bigger picture that it fits into place of what his intention was with that. It becomes sinister when you realise what part it played in a murder. It’s not sinister to buy rubble bags in isolation.

Nobody is saying because she sent those messages she must be a murderer.
If she is guilty, the text messages are likely to show motive, deflection and lies. E.g it was the new girl looking after the baby. That would be innocent if it was true and nobody had murdered the baby, showing concern what bad luck for the new girl. The context of a murderer trying to cover the tracks give it a completely different meaning though.

hope I’m explaining what I mean well enough!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Walnutss

VIP Member
People need to stop the oh you should see my texts or a few texts isn't context

You bitching about fat Janet in the accounting department isn't the same as discussing babies who have passed away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

stewartgem

Can any hospital staff here elaborate on the electronic pump system and being able to bypass it?
Hi new here but I work in a hospital so thought I could help… the electronic pump would have the fluids running through ?the dextrose - this would alarm with the slightest air bubble going through the IV line therefore not allowing the air to go through electronically. However there usually will be a connector available not attached to the pump or even you could quickly mute the pump disconnect the fluids and syringe 20ml (for example) of air into the connector going straight into a vein without the the pump alarming- This could be done in 5/10 seconds. Hopefully this helps you.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

PatienceImpatient

Child A's mother wept in the public gallery as Dr Bohin said she was left with only one "plausible explanation" for her son's collapse and death, which was an air embolism.

Those parents are in my thoughts tonight. Truly, truly horrific and heartbreaking. 7 lives so senselessly lost.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
People questioning the occurrence of the rash on child A and why it wasn’t noted down by the doctor, or why the nurse only is now mentioning it and not in her previous statement etc etc. A poster shared this in the last thread - sorry can’t remember who it was (I think it got missed among all the debating, but feel it’s a really valid point)

Police interviews (child a)

When interviewed by police regarding the circumstances over Child A's death, Letby said she had given fluids to Child A at the time of the change of shifts. She said within "maybe" five minutes, Child A developed 'almost a rash appearance, like a blotchy red marks on the skin'. She said she had wondered whether the bag of fluid "was not what we thought it was".

I agree with the poster, why are the defence questioning the validity of the rash and using it as part of their defence, when letby her self acknowledge it in her interview for baby A ? I think we can all assume the rash was present!

• Wow
Reactions: 33
3:35pm
Letby adds: "It probably sounds odd but it's how I feel x"

The colleague responds: "Well it's up to you but I don't think it's going to help."

After further messages are exchanged, the colleague suggests: "Why don't you go in 1 for a bit?"

Letby responds: "Yeah, I have done a couple of meds in 1."

Letby later adds: "Forget I said anything, I will be fine, it's part of the job. Just don't feel like there is much team spirit tonight x"

The colleague replies: "I am not going to forget but think you're way too hard on yourself..."

Letby referred to previous events she had seen in a women's hospital, and the support available following such events.

I think we are now starting to get answers to the question whether she was an attention seeker and enjoyed the drama

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

PatienceImpatient

She constantly wants people to pander to her and check up on how she’s doing etc.

I think she picked up an extra shift expecting everyone to rally around her but they didn’t so she started seeking for attention in those texts and when she didn’t get it she attacked Baby C.

Yep. Was her train of thought 'if I was in the ITU, Child C wouldn't have collapsed'?

Suddenly 'I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough to care for them' makes a lot of sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
“Letby referred to previous events she had seen in a women's hospital, and the support available following such events”

Is this where her fascination started … what events is she referring too and what support was given, was she closely involved in those “events” 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 30

Tofino

VIP Member
Considering you appear to be firmly in the guilty camp you’ve given a good synopsis to help others catch up.

My initial thoughts on you doing the wiki were that it would be less balanced with you firmly in the guilty camp (not that in the grand scheme of things that really matters).

I haven’t read the whole thing, just used it when I’ve been attempting to find bit of previous information, thank you for putting it together and keeping it updated.
thank you. I purposely didn’t want to let my own views (or any speculation/bias really, not just mine) affect the wiki which is why I’ve kept it to basically copying and pasting from the reporting but organising it into sections so people can find bits easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

PatienceImpatient

3:35pm
Letby adds: "It probably sounds odd but it's how I feel x"

The colleague responds: "Well it's up to you but I don't think it's going to help."

After further messages are exchanged, the colleague suggests: "Why don't you go in 1 for a bit?"

Letby responds: "Yeah, I have done a couple of meds in 1."

Letby later adds: "Forget I said anything, I will be fine, it's part of the job. Just don't feel like there is much team spirit tonight x"

The colleague replies: "I am not going to forget but think you're way too hard on yourself..."

Letby referred to previous events she had seen in a women's hospital, and the support available following such events.

I think we are now starting to get answers to the question whether she was an attention seeker and enjoyed the drama
You can also tell her colleague is a bit perplexed by her desperation to be in the ITU.

edited to add:

We are starting to get more of an understanding of her personality and who she is.

I don't think she's as angelic as she looks. It's also still irking me how many people think she's NG because she doesn't LOOK like a killer. It's been said several times on here.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I'm just catching up on todays report.
I knew this was going to be hard to listen too as we did a NICU stint this time last year pretty much.
But I'm gonna have to dip out.
We almost lost twin 2 due to complications in utero, we then almost lost her due to complications due to prematurity & NEC & earlier this year she was placed back onto life support due to massive fuck ups made by a NICU oversight that missed a genetic condition that no one picked up on.
To now hear evidence from two well trained and esteemed Dr's? I can't fathom how someone can stand there and do such satanic things to these beautiful tiny harmless babies.

Keep well guys xx

• Heart
  • Sad

MmmB777

VIP Member
Wait.. we’re supposed to believe Letby can remember she didn’t hang the bag but she can’t remember the grief of parents she repeatedly searched on Facebook. That’s some interesting selective memory.

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
Given that LL was obsessed over her work life, picked up so many extra shifts, invested in checking up on babies and their parents outside of working hours its astounding to me that she didn’t have any concerns about these deaths and collapses. As far as we know she never raised any alarms about what was going on.. You would think if she was innocent she would be the first person to pick up on them being suspicious. A nurse who goes out of her way to track parents but doesn’t pick up on this is strange. I’d even say that she tried to defuse the other nurses concerns when she said in a text that they weren’t odd due to them having different causes even though the causes of death were unknown at that point.

Reactions: 28

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
Dr Evans himself said in court he has been involved with multiple cases where he’s brought in to give his expert opinion by the NCA and ruled out foul play. He isn’t paid to pick a crime out of a hat and pin it on a suspicious death, he’s a medical expert who is brought in to give his expert advice.
He isn’t going to be sacked from the NCA if he finds no crime was committed.

• Heart

avabella

VIP Member
I'm still unsure. The numbers don't make sense to me. I need to know more stats.

The unit sounds (to the lay person) like an absolute shambles with staff run ragged. Something was going on across the hospital it seems on a deeper level, maybe staffing or skill level. The stillbirth increase, although not seeming relevant, also strangely seems like another red flag.

Windowtothewall

Chatty Member
This was good detail in Mark's article.

The doctor said: “As I stated at the time I didn’t appreciate the clinical significance of this whatsoever. Over time, having seen it on further occasions and in retrospect, absolutely.”

When suggested to him by Mr Myers that he had not actually seen such discolouration, Dr Jayaram said: “As a paediatrician of 30 years and a doctor of 32 years, if my character was such that I would make things up I would hope, friends, colleagues, doctors, nurses, parents, families, would have picked up on this before now.”

If Ben Myers is going to question the integrity of all the 15-20+ experts and witnesses, it's going to come across very ridiculous to the jury.Not sure it's a great defence strategy to just blame everyone else for lying/misremembering. You can do it for one, it looks paranoid to blame all of them. Discrediting all the witnesses and experts only works if your client is a paragon of virtue and we've already seen she wasn't - she certainly made mistakes and wasn't meticulous or expressing any concerns herself over these children, other than stalking parents on FB.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
I don’t think I can follow it anymore tbh. We are only weeks into it and hearing that there is the very real potential someone deliberately hurt and killed those babies 😭 My little boy was in SCBU just this year and as all special care parents will attest it’s the most harrowing time, so to think someone could have done that to him, I just can’t take it. I genuinely think I’d die if I was those parents hearing this. How can you live knowing someone you trusted with your babies life, deliberately hurt them and tried/succeeded to kill them when you weren’t by their side? I mean no blame by that at all, you cannot be there all the time and you should quite obviously never have to doubt the medical staff being evil to the core. But even still, you would blame yourself everyday for the rest of your life. My heart couldn’t bare it. I’m not religious but it makes me want to believe there’s a hell for her to rot in if she did this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27