Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes, I really don't like the bathroom. The wall tiles and fixtures are lovely but it all looks way too crammed in a
Totally agree on the bathroom looking all crammed in, the freestanding bath really is not helping with that feel. I don't understand why they went for that and I can only imagine what the floor will look like behind the bath :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I think they’re house is a first home, so you might not move in with a kid but you could do/have one and then sell when you want more space but there house will continue to increase in value despite what they’ve done to it
Maybe not everyone designs their house with children in mind. Would literally be the last factor in my head.

Reactions: 11
Maybe not everyone designs their house with children in mind. Would literally be the last factor in my head.
It’s the first thing I was told by a few people when discussing bathroom renovations - it can affect future sales as people need baths for their children so you’d effectively be cutting off a large number of prospective buyers.

Reactions: 10
When my grandparents did a bathroom reno they wanted to remove the bath but were told for re-sale purposes it would decrease the prospective buyers as families want / need a bath. They ended up squeezing one in but never used it but it was a blessing when they sold because families loved the house and the fact it had a bath meant it got a lot of interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s the first thing I was told by a few people when discussing bathroom renovations - it can affect future sales as people need baths for their children so you’d effectively be cutting off a large number of prospective buyers.
Fair point. Maybe more relevant when thinking about selling 😊

When my grandparents did a bathroom reno they wanted to remove the bath but were told for re-sale purposes it would decrease the prospective buyers as families want / need a bath. They ended up squeezing one in but never used it but it was a blessing when they sold because families loved the house and the fact it had a bath meant it got a lot of interest.
That’s useful to know 😊

Reactions: 5
And as someone who is in the process of buying, any with just showers are a no no from me, so they’ve made the relight decision (minus having a free standing bath

Reactions: 5
Why do you think so? Genuinely curious.
2 bed house is a stepping stone, with their ever growing income they soon will be able to afford something bigger with the bathroom upstairs and room for both of them to have an office. Once you are on the housing ladder, it's so much easier to start climbing up.

Reactions: 6
Oh no, I couldn't find dresses for my thirtieth.
But then I did.
Here are the swipe-ups 🙄

Screenshot_20210427-001109_resize_14.jpg

Screenshot_20210427-001115.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
The yellow dress is a few sizes too small on the chest and the red dress photo looks photoshoped

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The red dress is cute. I want to like the yellow one, it's so nearly cute but I think there's too much sleeve combined with too much skirt and the whole just doesn't quite work for me.

Reactions: 7
I wonder how many other dresses she looked at but chose not to buy as they didn't have affiliate links 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
To be fair, I think you can make an affiliate link out of anything, it doesn't mean she's been sponsored
No, but she earns a little commission through affiliate links so naturally she probably only looked at websites which are affiliate partners

I thought she looked nice. She said she’s been exercising lately so perhaps not photoshopped??
It's not Photoshopped, I think it's the clever side angle. But guys put you hand up if you never posed for pictures in a way that made you look smaller. :cool:

Reactions: 11
I think she said she left it late to buy a dress, rather that couldn’t find one, but it still came across as ‘anyone want to send me something?’ to me, like the ‘my coffee machine is on its last legs’.

The red dress is nice, but as a size 14 I’m usually put off by the potential gaping between the buttons. It’s cute though.

I like the yellow dress in theory, it’s a bit childish, but I like that myself. It seemed a bit too backless to be able to wear a bra, so I’d avoid it. It’s almost like she’s a bit tall to wear it? Or the seam under the boobs is too high? She looks nice in both though.

Makes sense that she’d shop at Asos if in a hurry, not just the affiliate links, that’d be my go to for something quick too, lots of choice and next day delivery.

Reactions: 10