Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
love Lucy, i love all her clothes reviews and how she's so honest about sizing

Reactions: 1
I do think she sounds like she’s from the Wirral. I was watching her for a while and thought she sounded like she did, til I heard her mention she was.
Could do without the American accent she does, but I do like her, have only been watching her about a year.

Reactions: 4
It why I’ve avoided it 🤣😆 what I found kinda sweet for one upload turned irritating really fast,
I actually liked her when she lost her job and seemed more of an adult,
Now she’s a bit embarrassing, like an over grown 16 year old trying to be quirky and hoping to be liked by everyone.
I clearly haven't followed her long enough to know she'd lost a job - can you give some more deets?

I clearly haven't followed her long enough to know she'd lost a job - can you give some more deets?
If I recall rightly she used to work for sugar scape which was the online offshoot of the teen magazine Sugar, until it closed down a few years ago

Reactions: 3
The Disney obsession is probably part of a work persona. She wants more paid work off them and they have deep pockets!

I don't get the impression she is happy with her body / size.

She does seem to have a really nice relationship with her bf.

The Disney obsession is probably part of a work persona. She wants more paid work off them and they have deep pockets!

I don't get the impression she is happy with her body / size.

She does seem to have a really nice relationship with her bf.
The whole thing with Adele losing a lot of weight and media praising Adele shook Lucy quite a bit, didn't it?

Reactions: 5
The whole thing with Adele losing a lot of weight and media praising Adele shook Lucy quite a bit, didn't it?
Well a big part of her persona is body acceptance. Which means no weight loss as it is not optimum for mental health. Or something. Adele looks fab imo.

Honestly find her so fake 🙈 some of the clothes that shes gifted, you can clearly tell they're too small and shes uncomfortable but will still continue to big up the brand. Unfollowed her along with helen anderson,just fake fake fake

Honestly find her so fake 🙈 some of the clothes that shes gifted, you can clearly tell they're too small and shes uncomfortable but will still continue to big up the brand. Unfollowed her along with helen anderson,just fake fake fake
Yeah, shown once then into the wardrobe vortex.

I really like her content and her relationship with her boyfriend, I find them sweet together and entertaining, and I think they have such a healthy bond going on.

However I have to say, I find the exaggerated accents and constant self deprecation hard to watch and I find myself skipping so I can get to the parts where she's being herself instead of hiding behind what she considers a "quirky persona" shield, I guess. It's like nobody can hurt her if she says these bad stuff about herself first. Some lame joke about how underwhelming we are can be relatable here and there, when used rarely, but not unlike Dan Howell, she clutches to that as a safety blanket so she won't be subjected to it externally in my opinion. It's such a shame because all the times she said she's looking rough/awful/tit/you name it, she hasn't been looking drastically different to her glammed up self, she just didn't have the make-up on, which is the case for literally everyone.

I can't imagine constantly having to watch yourself in videos while you edit is easy on anyone's mind, especially if you struggle with body image but I wish she'd get actual help for this instead of riding the "look how mean honest I can be about myself" ride until it's well and truly dead. She's still my favourite to watch but this thing makes it hard to sit through the entire video sometimes.

Reactions: 8
I liked that flower dress she got off depop that was originally shein on her insta.

She and her boyfriend actually seem to like each other which is nice - and rare on yt. I can imagine them growing old together.

Hope she doesn't go back to the hauls of ugly clothes she clearly hates herself and wouldn't wear.

I really like Lucy generally but do agree that she seems like a bit of an overgrown teenager now. At what point does an influencer have to grow up? It reminds me of the A Beautiful Mess girls who are well into their 30s but still have the aesthetic of and act like they’re 19.

I guess they need to wait for the majority of their audience to grow up? Her bf is also younger so maybe that is a issue .

I guess they need to wait for the majority of their audience to grow up? Her bf is also younger so maybe that is a issue .
Is he? I didn't realise. They look the same age but also Lucy doesn't look 29 or whatever she is

Yeah he turned 27 under the early lockdown, lucy vlogged making him a cake with a tin she found in her neighbours hedge. It was actually a really nice video 😊 (she throughly washed said tin)

Reactions: 2
I really like Lucy until she does the stupid American voice. She does seem to have reined that in lately.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i have loved seeing all the craft things she's been doing in lockdown and when she cut her boyfriends hair it was hilarious!
do think she massively puts herself down and doesn't realise how likeable she is! think the accent is a coping mechanism imo

Reactions: 13
I really like her content and her relationship with her boyfriend, I find them sweet together and entertaining, and I think they have such a healthy bond going on.

However I have to say, I find the exaggerated accents and constant self deprecation hard to watch and I find myself skipping so I can get to the parts where she's being herself instead of hiding behind what she considers a "quirky persona" shield, I guess. It's like nobody can hurt her if she says these bad stuff about herself first. Some lame joke about how underwhelming we are can be relatable here and there, when used rarely, but not unlike Dan Howell, she clutches to that as a safety blanket so she won't be subjected to it externally in my opinion. It's such a shame because all the times she said she's looking rough/awful/tit/you name it, she hasn't been looking drastically different to her glammed up self, she just didn't have the make-up on, which is the case for literally everyone.

I can't imagine constantly having to watch yourself in videos while you edit is easy on anyone's mind, especially if you struggle with body image but I wish she'd get actual help for this instead of riding the "look how mean honest I can be about myself" ride until it's well and truly dead. She's still my favourite to watch but this thing makes it hard to sit through the entire video sometimes.

I agree with all of this. I do generally like her videos but the accents and self depricating really make them hard to get through.

The amount of ads she does really bugs me too. It's almost every video and Instagram post/story.

She seemed genuinely grateful for the Disney trip but as someone else mentioned she seems to have ramped up her like for Disney in order to get more freebies which pisses me off. You can tell its not as genuine as it was.

Also, I'm pretty sure she did an always ad and said she doesn't use tampons and then a few weeks ago she did a tampon ad and said she uses them all the time? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with someone else but not sure.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having Disney/Harry Potter related gifts at any age if that's what you like?

Reactions: 4
I think someone else called her out on the tampon ad too and she's responded with a comment like she still uses the moon cup regularly but also uses tampons depending on her needs. Which sounds reasonable, but still.

I think someone else called her out on the tampon ad too and she's responded with a comment like she still uses the moon cup regularly but also uses tampons depending on her needs. Which sounds reasonable, but still.

Hmm, I dunno. Maybe that is true but I think she just takes any ad that comes her way, regardless if she uses the item or thinks its good.