Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been meaning to write this for a while but been a bit busier lately.
I watched Lucy's video where she is baking Adam's cake and is talking about having a bit of a existential crisis as a content creator.
Now, I used to love, love, love our little Miss Wood. She used to be so down to earth, one of us.
But the whole talk about losing her identity and not knowing what content she wants to make, kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.
I accept she has these feelings and it's fully entitled to it. At the same time though, and maybe I was in a foul mood that day, I can't help but think that she just didn't read the room very well. Myself, I lost my dream job last year and have been working a part time job since and have been applying for other jobs but the competition is fierce at the moment; there are tonnes of people in the same boat at the moment. I put a brave face on and try to make savings and just get through this crappy time. From chatting to other Tattlers on other threads I know quite a few people here are unemployed and struggling to find new jobs.
And there we have Lucy who can get away with doing a couple of partnerships a month to pay her London mortgage and can fill her days doing crafts and running an online business. She has all the time and means to rethink her content and decide how to move forward. There is being real and there is not reading the room well.

Thoughts on this? I hope I am not the only bitter one. It's just that Lucy seems to be turning into a typical privileged influencer and I am not here for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have been meaning to write this for a while but been a bit busier lately.
I watched Lucy's video where she is baking Adam's cake and is talking about having a bit of a existential crisis as a content creator.
Now, I used to love, love, love our little Miss Wood. She used to be so down to earth, one of us.
But the whole talk about losing her identity and not knowing what content she wants to make, kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.
I accept she has these feelings and it's fully entitled to it. At the same time though, and maybe I was in a foul mood that day, I can't help but think that she just didn't read the room very well. Myself, I lost my dream job last year and have been working a part time job since and have been applying for other jobs but the competition is fierce at the moment; there are tonnes of people in the same boat at the moment. I put a brave face on and try to make savings and just get through this crappy time. From chatting to other Tattlers on other threads I know quite a few people here are unemployed and struggling to find new jobs.
And there we have Lucy who can get away with doing a couple of partnerships a month to pay her London mortgage and can fill her days doing crafts and running an online business. She has all the time and means to rethink her content and decide how to move forward. There is being real and there is not reading the room well.

Thoughts on this? I hope I am not the only bitter one. It's just that Lucy seems to be turning into a typical privileged influencer and I am not here for it.
100 percent agree - she has lost all perspective. Also why does she think about herself so much ? Like its quite a luxury to worry so much about yourself all the time, most people have real-world things that occupy their time. When you have a house, partner, good income etc - no one cares luce!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just watching her vlog, she has no shower at all now? Na that's not practical

Reactions: 1
Just watching her vlog, she has no shower at all now? Na that's not practical
It's vlog 2 out of 3, so I think the shower is yet to come. I just don't know how they are imagining standing showering in the middle of the bathtub with that long tap being in the way.

Reactions: 5
Yeah that tap might get annoying quickly as you are trying to manoeuvre round it for a shower etc!

Vlog 3 will be up just as soon as she has washed 3 weeks worth of grease out of her hair 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
She's got so many lovely dresses, cute jacket+trouser suits, playsuits and jumpsuits in her wardrobe, I really don't think not buying a dress is an issue
Screenshot_20210421-223418.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She's got so many lovely dresses, cute jacket+trouser suits, playsuits and jumpsuits in her wardrobe, I really don't think not buying a dress is an issue
View attachment 540641
"the fact that I haven't been gifted a dress even with 2 days to go until my birthday and I didn't think to buy one myself because of this proves that I'm officially a sell out" fixed it for you love x

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"the fact that I haven't been gifted a dress even with 2 days to go until my birthday and I didn't think to buy one myself because of this proves that I'm officially a sell out" fixed it for you love x
Perfect, thanks hun X

She has put on quite a lot of weight since her size 14 try on vids tho
She's put on weight, I guess, but come on, "a lot" is a bit cruel? There must be something in her wardrobe she can wear? It's not like she's gone from a UK10 to 18 😬

Reactions: 10
Perfect, thanks hun X

She's put on weight, I guess, but come on, "a lot" is a bit cruel? There must be something in her wardrobe she can wear? It's not like she's gone from a UK10 to 18 😬
I have put on about the same amount of weight as Lucy over lockdown (gone up by one dress size) and whilst my old clothes do technically fit they just don’t look the way I remember them. Just because something fits doesn’t make it flattering sadly.

Also it’s her 30th! She can’t exactly have a big party at the min so I can see why she might want a nice new dress or something to make it a bit more special.

Reactions: 22
I like her hair, think it suits her so I hope she keeps it long and 70s FARRAH Fawcett inspired. I also disliked all the grey/white/mirrored draws and crushed velvet that was everywhere for a while so I appreciate she went for something a bit different with her oranges and wicker etc. but it will probably date quickly, and she might regret not going for something more timeless. when I get a house I wouldn't want the hassle or expense of redoing it regularly. I'd want to pay off the mortgage ASAP and move up but everyone is different maybe she loves decorating?? From what I understand houses with baths are easier to sell that those without so that could have been a reason for keeping it.

Reactions: 4
From what I understand houses with baths are easier to sell that those without so that could have been a reason for keeping it.
It really depends who you’re trying to sell to. I wouldn’t say that their house is overly family-friendly, and it would be families with kids looking for a bath rather than a shower. I’d have thought young couples were more likely to want a decent shower.

Reactions: 6
I have put on about the same amount of weight as Lucy over lockdown (gone up by one dress size) and whilst my old clothes do technically fit they just don’t look the way I remember them. Just because something fits doesn’t make it flattering sadly.

Also it’s her 30th! She can’t exactly have a big party at the min so I can see why she might want a nice new dress or something to make it a bit more special.
That's all valid, I personally went from being in-bewteen sizes to being the bigger size of the two and as you say, some clothes still fit but I don't feel great in them.
Each to their own, I just went to the seaside with my boyfriend for my thirtieth and had fish & chips on the beach and a walk but also I never make a fuss out my birthday or want a fuss made. Last year we just came out of the strict lockdown for my birthday so I had a picnic in a park but it was more because people wanted to see me than me wanting to organise anything 😂

Reactions: 8
That's all valid, I personally went from being in-bewteen sizes to being the bigger size of the two and as you say, some clothes still fit but I don't feel great in them.
Each to their own, I just went to the seaside with my boyfriend for my thirtieth and had fish & chips on the beach and a walk but also I never make a fuss out my birthday or want a fuss made. Last year we just came out of the strict lockdown for my birthday so I had a picnic in a park but it was more because people wanted to see me than me wanting to organise anything 😂
Happy birthday 🎂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It really depends who you’re trying to sell to. I wouldn’t say that their house is overly family-friendly, and it would be families with kids looking for a bath rather than a shower. I’d have thought young couples were more likely to want a decent shower.
It's a smallish house, I can only imagine a couple with one kid (there are only 2 bedrooms in the house) and only for a while, not a "forever home", unless they only plan to have that one kid and are quite minimal as a family.
I personally have to have a bath (I am 35 soon)! So a bath with a shower over it is ideal for me. Having a bath is just very relaxing for me and definitely a treat once a week but it's good to be able to have a quick shower if I did some exercise or have very little time in the AM to get ready :giggle:

Yikes, I really don't like the bathroom. The wall tiles and fixtures are lovely but it all looks way too crammed in and the mixture of colours (particularly the floor tiles and rug) make it look unfinished somehow. I love the rest of their house, even if I wouldn't necessarily make the same choices, but I feel like they've really missed the mark there. The bath/shower situation looks so impracticable... as a PP mentioned, surely the bath tap is in the way if you're standing for a shower?

Anyway, I truly hope they are happy with it as that is all that matters and I'm sure it has been a big expense/hassle.

I think they’re house is a first home, so you might not move in with a kid but you could do/have one and then sell when you want more space but there house will continue to increase in value despite what they’ve done to it

It's a smallish house, I can only imagine a couple with one kid (there are only 2 bedrooms in the house) and only for a while, not a "forever home", unless they only plan to have that one kid and are quite minimal as a family.
I personally have to have a bath (I am 35 soon)! So a bath with a shower over it is ideal for me. Having a bath is just very relaxing for me and definitely a treat once a week but it's good to be able to have a quick shower if I did some exercise or have very little time in the AM to get ready :giggle:
I’m 26 and I refuse to live somewhere without a bath (or I guess in the future a space I could put a bath in... but $$$)

• Heart