Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New video which I actually liked until I looked for a product in the description and realised half of the products was gifted. I mean, yes, she does confirm that verbally but not with every single item so if you don't bother reading the description, you wouldn't know. Other than, I did enjoyed it being chatty and not containing too much self-loathing

Reactions: 2
New video which I actually liked until I looked for a product in the description and realised half of the products was gifted. I mean, yes, she does confirm that verbally but not with every single item so if you don't bother reading the description, you wouldn't know. Other than, I did enjoyed it being chatty and not containing too much self-loathing
I think it’s a weird situation to be in as viewers don’t like it when influencers keep saying oh it’s gifted this is gifted ! At least she uses her gifted PR unlike other influencers who toss it in the corner

Reactions: 3
I think it’s a weird situation to be in as viewers don’t like it when influencers keep saying oh it’s gifted this is gifted ! At least she uses her gifted PR unlike other influencers who toss it in the corner
Yeah, I am in two minds about it. But it's good that she uses up the gifted stuff, as you say.

I did like the video. I like chatty Lucy.

That's an insane amount of money to spend on a house you don't plan to live in forever, but still have to fix up. My parents bought their (finally) forever home a couple of years back for 500k - a 5 bed in South East London. It was a fixer upper, but that doesn't change the fact that it's detached and is a decent size. Not to mention the fact that the fridge can go in the kitchen. I know Lucy and Adam were thinking about commuting, but damn girl, I couldn't do it, not at that price.
Why would anyone want a fridge in the kitchen? I like mine next to the grandfather clock in the main hall - perfect.

Also the washing machine lives next to my bed, i find the spin cycle soothing to drift off to sleep to.

Bliss.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to love Lucy but lately I have been really struggling to make it through her videos.
Particularly annoyed me in her latest one that she was saying she has "imposter syndrome" while making content and how she is more of a day out/travel vlogger. Sorry Lucy but I don't feel bad for you not being able to go to Disney World and having to sit in your 500k house during a pandemic and make money off your followers by posting CONSTANT (sometimes undisclosed) ADVERTS!

Reactions: 7
Yeah, I really like her but the latest razor ad was undisclosed and idk, people followed her for her personality and humour initially. She was never a travel vlogger? I'm not saying she can't grow and change content but it's not like we were here for wild adventures pre-covid. My personal favourite vlogs of hers are the ones where she does just regular daily stuff (without saying how boring that stuff is) and has a simple day. It makes more sense that she's really cranked up this punchline-accents-talk show host vibe over the last year if she was worried that she wasn't entertaining enough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have personally never watched anyones Disney videos because i am an adult with no interest in going there, is this content really what is considered popular?

That razor is everywhere atm.

Reactions: 5
Th
Yeah, I really like her but the latest razor ad was undisclosed and idk, people followed her for her personality and humour initially. She was never a travel vlogger? I'm not saying she can't grow and change content but it's not like we were here for wild adventures pre-covid. My personal favourite vlogs of hers are the ones where she does just regular daily stuff (without saying how boring that stuff is) and has a simple day. It makes more sense that she's really cranked up this punchline-accents-talk show host vibe over the last year if she was worried that she wasn't entertaining enough.
The AD sign was in the right hand corner, or does it have to be verbally disclosed as well? I agree that the AD and verbal disclosure would be more transparent, normally she’s pretty good with this. I hope she doesn’t make it a habit.

Lucy's 'fun' little side project golden dust road (close enough) looks streets ahead of gabby Lindley's proper illustration business now. Wow. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't buy any of it due to not wanting to spend unnecessarily, but i wouldn't be horrified about buying something from her range for a gift, where as if a family member requested one of Gabby's prints, i don't think I could do it.
So Lucy has been doing her side hustle, the odd spon video (shavers) keeping up her insta and moving furniture into odd locations in her house.
And still finding time to crochet and puzzle.

Has anyone bought something from her range? I know there was concern over her choice of charity but i recall people were excited by the net bag. So, anyone?

Reactions: 4
Lucy's 'fun' little side project golden dust road (close enough) looks streets ahead of gabby Lindley's proper illustration business now. Wow. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't buy any of it due to not wanting to spend unnecessarily, but i wouldn't be horrified about buying something from her range for a gift, where as if a family member requested one of Gabby's prints, i don't think I could do it.
So Lucy has been doing her side hustle, the odd spon video (shavers) keeping up her insta and moving furniture into odd locations in her house.
And still finding time to crochet and puzzle.

Has anyone bought something from her range? I know there was concern over her choice of charity but i recall people were excited by the net bag. So, anyone?
I bought a pin and one of her prints - I was impressed with the quality tbh

That razor can cock off 😂
I like Lucy and I enjoy her content for the most part but the self depreciating stuff and ‘Oh yes my friends!’ vibe is wearing thin.
Also I’m slightly concerned that I’m starting to fancy Adam...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That razor can cock off 😂
I like Lucy and I enjoy her content for the most part but the self depreciating stuff and ‘Oh yes my friends!’ vibe is wearing thin.
Also I’m slightly concerned that I’m starting to fancy Adam...
'I'm slightly concerned that I'm starting to fancy Adam'....... me too

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to love Lucy but lately I have been really struggling to make it through her videos.
Particularly annoyed me in her latest one that she was saying she has "imposter syndrome" while making content and how she is more of a day out/travel vlogger. Sorry Lucy but I don't feel bad for you not being able to go to Disney World and having to sit in your 500k house during a pandemic and make money off your followers by posting CONSTANT (sometimes undisclosed) ADVERTS!
Of course she's now saying she's a travel vlogger after being gifted trips and wanting more. She didn't mention going to WDW until it was gifted and now she hints at wanting to go back so she's gets it for free. Fair enough, universal has Harry Potter so maybe she wanted to go there so why didn't she? She had/s the money so why did it need to be gifted before she went? Then she saw how many views etc the Disney vlogs got so wanted more. Accepted a free trip to DLP. Again, if you wanted to go before, why didnt you?

This and the constant ads are really wearing thin with me. I like Lucy and I love her relationship with Adam but she's just turning into every other crappy influencer and that's sad.

Of course she's now saying she's a travel vlogger after being gifted trips and wanting more. She didn't mention going to WDW until it was gifted and now she hints at wanting to go back so she's gets it for free. Fair enough, universal has Harry Potter so maybe she wanted to go there so why didn't she? She had/s the money so why did it need to be gifted before she went? Then she saw how many views etc the Disney vlogs got so wanted more. Accepted a free trip to DLP. Again, if you wanted to go before, why didnt you?

This and the constant ads are really wearing thin with me. I like Lucy and I love her relationship with Adam but she's just turning into every other crappy influencer and that's sad.
I don't need another travel vlogger to avoid watching. I want to see more ordinary vlogs, a food shop, a book review, funny shopping from my closet, a storytime about when you were cheated on or failed spectacularly (before rising up like a phoenix), silly tiktok food hacks and stuff like that i'll watch.

Start showing me your curated walk in wardrobe, must have prada bag or travelling business class to fooking Disney land and, i'll switch over.

• Heart
I don't need another travel vlogger to avoid watching. I want to see more ordinary vlogs, a food shop, a book review, funny shopping from my closet, a storytime about when you were cheated on or failed spectacularly (before rising up like a phoenix), silly tiktok food hacks and stuff like that i'll watch.

Start showing me your curated walk in wardrobe, must have prada bag or travelling business class to fooking Disney land and, i'll switch over.
I think the vloggers/bloggers should acknowledge that we are still in the middle of the biggest crisis of our generation and adjust content. I'd like to see outfits using items they already have in the wardrobe, makeup using things already in their makeup bags; showing beauty product they have used up during lockdown (I have to say, Lucy did an empties video and I quite enjoyed that, and many others did too and these are the videos I like to watch as you can only review an item truly and properly once you have used it up); more daily vlogs including having a pamper at home, doing crafts and cooking meal with their partner... Just normal stuff everyone is getting up to because the global pandemic hasn't gone away yet, so many of us are nit travelling 'cause we're being responsible and sensible and not buying tons of new clothes and beauty because people's jobs are at risk in all sectors. I just want to see YTers showing that they're actually the down to earth, lovable people they were when we started following them before covid. And I do realise that there isn't a lot of money to be made from these videos but you can combine a chatty makeup using stuff you already have with a sponsored segment (a bit like Lucy did with the razor add, but balance it out and make sure the add is not much longer than other segments of the video), and also I am sure people still make money from YT views, it's probably not as much as back in YT's heyday, bu it must be a small but steady source of income for some.
RANT OVER!

Hmmm I don’t really feel like the Star Wars bracelet Pandora ad feels that genuine. Would you actually buy this Lucy? I doubt it.

Hmmm I don’t really feel like the Star Wars bracelet Pandora ad feels that genuine. Would you actually buy this Lucy? I doubt it.
Hmm yes I thought the charms on the bracelet were a bit too large and not intricate, but then again I’m not a Star Wars fan. That said I bet Pandora pay well for the ad so it’s probably a tough one to turn down.

Reactions: 1