Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t seem like there’s much storage space in the new design, all the upper cabinets are going to open shelving instead and they are having that tall skinny pantry cupboard but considering the two lower cabinets on the sink side will be the integrated dishwasher and washing machine… I don’t think it would be enough for me. I do think that the open shelving can look very nice but it seems too much to me, like you really need to have things that look aesthetically pleasing and that are neatly arranged for it to look good, plus you will need to regularly dust/clean them. Seems like a hassle

Attachments

Reactions: 10
It doesn’t seem like there’s much storage space in the new design, all the upper cabinets are going to open shelving instead and they are having that tall skinny pantry cupboard but considering the two lower cabinets on the sink side will be the integrated dishwasher and washing machine… I don’t think it would be enough for me. I do think that the open shelving can look very nice but it seems too much to me, like you really need to have things that look aesthetically pleasing and that are neatly arranged for it to look good, plus you will need to regularly dust/clean them. Seems like a hassle
I agree with this! It's a small kitchen and I get that they want an open look as too much cabinetry (is that a real word?) may make it feel smaller, but they're going to lose out on a lot of useful storage space and have the additional hassle of cleaning the open shelving, plus rearranging it to look neat all the time.

Reactions: 11
Plus, the cat will walk all over the open shelving...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Plus, the cat will walk all over the open shelving...
I don’t think flo does in their living room? She’s a lot older and seems quite tame?

They deffo have gone for so much exposed shelves…. Lucy has been collecting nice mugs and stuff! So maybe it’ll look stunning but I’m skeptical
I don’t think they have too much choice because they have such a small space!

Reactions: 4
My grandma had those tiles in her conservatory in 1993 … matched her net curtains really well 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Shame they didn't put drawers in that larder. Shelving in cupboards just isn't as practical and space efficient

Reactions: 5
Also all that space above the fridge! They could've boxed around it and had a cupboard above. I know fridges need certain size gaps around them but they deffo could've squeezed that in. Would've sealed off that gap between the cabinet and fridge which is gonna be a nice dust bunny/crumb collector 🤢

I can’t lie, I hate the kitchen floor tiles. It looks like outside pavement.
I really like a lot of Lucy's interior choices (even though I wouldn't necessarily choose them myself) but my goodness has she got poor taste in floor tiles. These are *marginally* better than the supermarket aisle flooring in the bathroom though at least.

As others have commented, I couldn't believe how little storage space they have incorporated into the kitchen plan! The carefully curated open shelves vibe is just so impractical unless you've got plenty of other cupboards to shove away your ugly tupperware/Jacqueline Wilson mixing bowl/useful but not aesthetically pleasing utensils etc

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m in the minority here but I think they’ve done the best with the room they had. It is a small space so their options were limited. My old flat had a teeny tiny kitchen with less storage and it was okay for 2 people! You soon realise what utensils/appliances are necessary and which ones to get rid of (looking at you, spiralizer..)

I really like her design choices in each room separately, although she has gone a bit overboard with the chevron/parquet pattern. Living room, bathroom and now the kitchen.. it must be like walking through a golden/beige kaleidoscope 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Idk how I feel about the tiles, but I don’t like the different handles on the cupboards. I think the kitchen is too small for it to work as the different style handles (also, very different not just different sizes etc) are too close together? If that makes sense haha.

We have a bigger kitchen with more storage space between two of us and damn we are struggling. We don't even have many appliances!

We have a bigger kitchen with more storage space between two of us and damn we are struggling. We don't even have many appliances!
Yes me too! The one thing I hate about my kitchen is lack of storage, drives me mad. And you could probably squeeze Lucy’s kitchen into mine twice , just about.

Yeah I think Lucy has an eye for styling and decorating rooms, I enjoy her kind of homey slightly 70s eclectic cottage core aesthetic.

But her actual full reno choices haven’t worked for me at all. I didn’t like the bathroom either. The terrazzo flooring didn’t match the grey herringbone tiles which in turn didn’t match the wood sink caddy.

It’s funny cus she mentioned in a slightly exasperated way that Adam is terrible at picturing what things will look like once they’re all finished. I wonder if that just means he was questioning some of her design choices haha.

Reactions: 9
I agree, there's literally nowhere to store anything. I know that it's a cottage but that kitchen is really small.

They are really limited with what they can do due to just the size of it! They will eventually move to somewhere with a larger kitchen and you can tell that’s why they didn’t extend! I think they’ll move next year so that’s why they’ve done it now but not gone mental

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Adam questioned her choices, it’s just whether he’s actually bothered or really is a “if you’re happy
I’m happy” kind of guy like my BIL. She said the same about buying the actual house so he probably doesn’t really mind what she picks.

She’ll address the open shelf like she’s addressed the stupid gap between the wall and the tub she has to mop everyday but she doesn’t mind. We have a corner open shelf for plants and a few nice things we don’t actually use and it takes maybe 5 minutes to dust down every few weeks. But couldn’t imagine most of my kitchen needing that attention! Drive me insane!

Reactions: 7
They are really limited with what they can do due to just the size of it! They will eventually move to somewhere with a larger kitchen and you can tell that’s why they didn’t extend! I think they’ll move next year so that’s why they’ve done it now but not gone mental
If she’s sensible it’ll be going on the market soon before the house prices crash 😳

Reactions: 6
If she’s sensible it’ll be going on the market soon before the house prices crash 😳
Ooh that’s a good point. Lucy seems very ready to move on from this house, she mentions its not their forever home several times in every house related vid. It was a savvy investment and I’m sure its appreciated atleast 100-150k since they bought it. But if the markets crash right as they’re ready to sell, yikes.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.