Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she washing her clothes in the bath... Surely she can fork out for a launderette?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I might be remembering this wrong but didn’t they originally plan to do an extension on the house to make a bigger kitchen? Has she said why they’re not doing that anymore? I assume cost?

Reactions: 3
I might be remembering this wrong but didn’t they originally plan to do an extension on the house to make a bigger kitchen? Has she said why they’re not doing that anymore? I assume cost?
I think she said something about it not being worth it because of the expense and they don't see it as their forever home? Not 100% certain though.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, plus those cottage style houses wouldn’t suit a whack off extension and their little garden is high value estate so minimising it would be silly.
She did the whole thing weird - who paints a room after brand new floors? We’re currently living in a building site with knocking through our kitchen diner and it sucks but it hasn’t become my entire personality 😂

Reactions: 11
Yeah, plus those cottage style houses wouldn’t suit a whack off extension and their little garden is high value estate so minimising it would be silly.
She did the whole thing weird - who paints a room after brand new floors? We’re currently living in a building site with knocking through our kitchen diner and it sucks but it hasn’t become my entire personality 😂
And the carpet on the stairs!!! Surely it made the most sense to just do this stuff after the kitchen

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And the carpet on the stairs!!! Surely it made the most sense to just do this stuff after the kitchen
Exactly!! We’ve been living with (clean but) hideous 70s red and black swirl carpets for 7 months cos there was no point pulling it up and making the hall nice when loads of dust and workmen are going to be treading about it all 😝 I think she puts it down to inexperience but I can guarantee it was Just not actually thinking it through. A few of them our friends have never bought a house before this one either and neither me or them are making these mistakes

Why didn’t she just use a launderette??
Why didn't she do a massive wash before the works started? It's not like it came out of blue with half a day's notice?She surely has enough clothes to last her a week or two, and you can just easily wash a few pairs of knickers or bras in the sink?

Reactions: 12
She seems to have tonnes of clothes, loads gifted, so I’m sure she could have managed for a week or two!!!

She’s acting as if she’s the first person to ever get their kitchen renovated 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This is obvs a very small unfinished corner, but this just looks like the old kitchen but with gold hardware? The way Lucy was always calling it grim aswell. Although tbf I guess she probably just meant the electric box thing that used to stick out of the wall?
she did say they’d gone for simple . I guess they didn’t want anything too out there as it’s not their forever home and they have to think about resale potential

I like the look of it from that small corner , I like oak worktops

and to her credit the kitchen was grim and I don’t think she meant in style . I think she meant in how it was falling apart ! Doors were falling off , the wall had holes in it , the cabinets were wonky . It had crap piled up in the corners due to a severe lack of storage .

Reactions: 13
“Fun” puts buyers off ! Maybe they’re hoping to sell soon ?
I know what you mean, but even her bathroom was their style with the tiles & the antique sink etc. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but so far just lifted out the Howdens brochure which doesn’t seem like something she’d go far is all.

Reactions: 9
I know what you mean, but even her bathroom was their style with the tiles & the antique sink etc. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but so far just lifted out the Howdens brochure which doesn’t seem like something she’d go far is all.
I guess they were limited with space and kitchens sell houses , but I know what you mean ! I like simple so I don’t mind it , the fridge wkkk add some quirkiness as will I’m sure Lucy’s decor

but I see what you mean , I did like their antique sink in the bathroom too !

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.