Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the concept, HATE the execution. I love me some textures and patterns on a kitchen, and so I love that the tiles seem to have some depth in them (if that makes sense?). I also like the white furniture with the wood countertops, however, I have several issues with the final design:

1) I wish she had chosen different doors, as they are way too simple/hospital-looking for my liking.
2) Terrible idea to put shelves by the hood and stove, as whatever you have in them will be dirty in no time.
3) Hate the fridge. I don't think it goes with the final design. A taller stainless steel one would have been better to make the space look finished. Also, the polaroids she's put on the side next to the stove are going to turn yellow.

Reactions: 12
That fridge was defo a heart over head purchase. Plus the lack of freezer space I just couldn’t be doing with!!

Reactions: 13
I do like the fridge in general but when she was designing the kitchen she should have taken the colour into consideration as the beiges and warm tones just don’t match with retro mint fridge!

I like the floor tiles a lot, I don’t think the grey grout was the correct decision as it’s too cool toned again with the warm of the rest of the room.

It’s just so close to being great but there’s just a few small choices that have made it mismatched.

Reactions: 6
I like it. Think she did well with the space she has.

That being said, I'd of never bought that house in the first place.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I like the fridge but it just doesn’t work. It’s a shame, but you have to make these choices sometimes! I had my heart set on a proper range cooker but my kitchen (even after the reno work) just doesn’t fit a full one so I had to make another choice. It sucks, but especially if it isn’t your forever home needs must.

I quite like the look of it, but I really don't think it's well thought through or practical.
I don't understand how no one (I mean builders and the kitchen designer) questioned the shelves above and around the hob. Surely there's a reason why most kitchen have cupboards there? Her plates and bowls are going to get greasy in no time! I understand that when you really like the look of something, you might not think of all the practicalities but I'm surprised no one mentioned anything to her. Or maybe they did and she went for it anyway. She seems really happy with it though, which is what matters!

Reactions: 7
Ok, I’ve just actually watched the video and actually I do quite like the kitchen. I think the shelving is nice except the one that’s hidden because when you walk in from the garden you’re going to see all that crap which would drive me insane but that’s just me haha.

Reactions: 6
personally i feel like open shelves only look good when theres either not much on them or whats there is really carefully curated so i dont really get this decision at allll surely just go for cupboards at least on one side - maybe they just aren't into cooking so don't have a lot to store?

Reactions: 11
Adam really likes cooking, and that tall skinny cupboard is a good idea but probably won’t hold everything and stuff will end up on the open shelves.
I do think she’s insecure about her ideas, the way she kept saying her house choices “aren’t for everyone” and justifying things like the stupid bath. But I think she should just own it, everyone’s tastes are different!

Reactions: 9
personally i feel like open shelves only look good when theres either not much on them or whats there is really carefully curated so i dont really get this decision at allll surely just go for cupboards at least on one side - maybe they just aren't into cooking so don't have a lot to store?
she cab't curate shelves for tit, we all remember the cling film and kitchen foil on top of the extractor hood. And she again was saying how cool the new hood is, can attach hooks for utensils. No!!! Leave it alone.

Reactions: 4
I don’t mind the kitchen . I agree about the open shelving and I don’t understand the mishmash of styles - either go for a cottage core style kitchen with those tiles , the flooring , shaker style units and more classic hardware or go for ultra modern with those sleek white cabinets , gold hardware , the neon sign and the bold fridge . It just doesn’t all quite go for me .

but it’s a neutral canvas for potential buyers I guess that’s probably what they were going for

Reactions: 12
It made me giggle how she had to point out that the neon sign was Arctic Monkeys lyrics. Just to solidify that she is ✨not like the other girls✨ with their basic ‘this kitchen is for dancing’ neon lights circa 2020 but she is slightly different and quirky.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If you have to stack your pasta jar on top of another pasta jar, it's a clear sign that you've not allowed enough storage in your kitchen.
Screenshot_20221023-112208.png

Reactions: 10
Getting at that colander is going to be such a pain. She should move the books to the top shelf and stuff she'll use more to the lower ones

Gotta say I appreciated her chat in the latest vlog about ‘make up not sitting the same on 30 year old skin vs at 20’. Cus I’ve been dealing with that a lot myself and realising my base just never looks right these days. I assumed maybe my skin is just v bad quality, but Lucy has really nice skin so it honestly made me feel better that she talked about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Does this look cute? I feel like it’s so cluttered! They clearly don’t have enough storage.

1ED528CF-1F9D-497E-AB09-B0F8DEC522BF.png

Also what an odd place to hang your tea towel…

6230462F-7EAB-4F23-B3C0-0545F6E28C1B.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.