Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably because she hasn't been sponsored to do any new reno works... unless she has and I've missed it, which could very well be as I stopped following her when she became a bore walking ad.

Reactions: 12
I really like her, but it’s annoying how things are so only ‘of the moment’ and happen when sponsored - like Disney when it suits, renovations when it fits with free products, the podcast she was sponsored to do with her friends, or her online shop that took up all her time when it was in fashion to have one…. but we’ve never heard anything about since.

Reactions: 10
What has happened to gold dust road ? Has she ever said ?
I reckon she started it when when didn’t have a lot on. She seems to says she’s writing an awful lot, I don’t know what, but I’m guessing that job she now has takes up any time she may have hadn’t for that little shop.

I’m sure for what she was selling she wasn’t actually making much money. Needing to be size inclusive on Christmas jumpers and having a pile of 3XL you can’t shift. Trying to choose environmentally friendly materials which end up being twice the price. Making her packaging cute - tissue paper, stickers, in a little box, all for a key ring or pin badge. Also overseas shipping now isn’t as easy or cheap post Brexit.

Probably a nice little hobby for 6 months until something proper came along.

Reactions: 12
Agree , as nice in theory as her shop was and I did like the stuff she was selling, it probably wasn’t that cost effective to keep up with. Shame really.

Reactions: 6
Adam's a data analyst at the Disney HQ in London (also where Charlotte Ruff and Hannah Ricketts work).

If you work for Disney you get 40% off Disney hotels and free park tickets - that's why I think Lucy's love of WDW isn't genuine as surely if WDW gave you "all the feels" with those discounts you'd book a holiday there.
Is there not some conflict there with him working at Disney and getting sponsored by one of their affiliates? I know I’m a moaner and would gossip about that at work.

Reactions: 4
Is there not some conflict there with him working at Disney and getting sponsored by one of their affiliates? I know I’m a moaner and would gossip about that at work.
Maybe that’s why they go with ATD and not actually with Disney , also had NO IDEA Adam worked for Disney - how cool !!

Interesting… didn’t think that! Yeah can’t imagine his co-workers are too happy.

Reactions: 2
I haven't watched LJW for ages now but am catching up via this thread, a couple of YT videos and a good nosey around her IG. How on earth did they afford that end of terrace cottage in Putney? I know that Data Analysts gets £££ but still!? Also, won't her shower leak over the gap between the walk and the bath?

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched LJW for ages now but am catching up via this thread, a couple of YT videos and a good nosey around her IG. How on earth did they afford that end of terrace cottage in Putney? I know that Data Analysts gets £££ but still!? Also, won't her shower leak over the gap between the walk and the bath?
peope definitely underestimate how much she’ll get paid. And, one thing I do admire Lucy for, is that she kept working on top of YouTube. She still freelances and does writing which in London will be a decent income, plus YT Ad Revenue, sponsorships, and she gets a lot of freebies which will contribute to her lifestyle. They strike me as people who don’t waste money too. They don’t often post going out for dinner on a random day of the week, they don’t go on holidays or trips away unless they’re #gifted.
They bought a tiny house that they will outgrew soon and it wasn’t in good condition so that will have definitely helped. They probably wouldn’t have afforded the house if they were to buy it now with the bath upgrade, new roof, and cosmetic changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
peope definitely underestimate how much she’ll get paid. And, one thing I do admire Lucy for, is that she kept working on top of YouTube. She still freelances and does writing which in London will be a decent income, plus YT Ad Revenue, sponsorships, and she gets a lot of freebies which will contribute to her lifestyle. They strike me as people who don’t waste money too. They don’t often post going out for dinner on a random day of the week, they don’t go on holidays or trips away unless they’re #gifted.
They bought a tiny house that they will outgrew soon and it wasn’t in good condition so that will have definitely helped. They probably wouldn’t have afforded the house if they were to buy it now with the bath upgrade, new roof, and cosmetic changes.
Fair enough - the house makeover does look good and it's *so* much better than Helen Anderson's dive bar/cave theme.

I am not sure whether I really enjoy watching LJW though - she comes across as smug and her constant accents and self-deprecating quips are irritating. I think that I'll unsubscribe again.

Reactions: 11
Not that I think this will happen soon, but I do think I’ll appreciate Lucy content more (if she decides to post this type of content) when she’s engnaged, wedding planning or even having a baby. I feel like she would be posting something she is generally happy / interested in

Reactions: 9
Its a shame she only seems to ever upload to YouTube when it’s an ad, even her book content has been taken over by ads.

Reactions: 15
She posted a lot of ads around the time they were saving for a house, she basically said in a video she was accepting a lot to save up, so she was doing ads from places like PLT & Missguided, who I guess pay a lot

Yeah influencers make so much more than we can imagine, and at that time she was doing her ‘size 14 try on’s’ and had tapped into a really profitable market. She used to clear 6 figures in viewership for those videos and I bet the sponsored try on’s were veryyy well compensated.

I was always curious about how Adam swung his half, I feel like she said they went 50/50 and put down a 10% deposit. So that’s gotta be a minimum of 25k each. I guess living together in a one bed and not being super flashy probs allowed for decent savings, plus maybe some inheritance/family support?

Reactions: 7
Yeah influencers make so much more than we can imagine, and at that time she was doing her ‘size 14 try on’s’ and had tapped into a really profitable market. She used to clear 6 figures in viewership for those videos and I bet the sponsored try on’s were veryyy well compensated.

I was always curious about how Adam swung his half, I feel like she said they went 50/50 and put down a 10% deposit. So that’s gotta be a minimum of 25k each. I guess living together in a one bed and not being super flashy probs allowed for decent savings, plus maybe some inheritance/family support?
that shoebox living room and kitchen is part of a £500k house?💀 surely no one needs to tell her what they would get her back home

Reactions: 5
So she’s joined TikTok. It just screams
‘I need to stay relevant and need the money’ whenever a YouTuber/actress joins TikTok.

A dining table in that living room is going to look awful and literally crammed in. Unless it can be hidden when not in use, it’s a waste of money.

Reactions: 3
A dining table in that living room is going to look awful and literally crammed in. Unless it can be hidden when not in use, it’s a waste of money.
Where did she talk about putting a dining table in the living room? I’ve missed this!
Aren’t they extending the kitchen, wouldn’t they table go in there?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.