Lucy Davis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What has Steph run time wise? This is Lucy’s first marathon, a newbie. But yes, she probably shouldn’t bang on about coaching / advising people when she’s not actually experienced it herself. I’ve run 6 marathons (all faster than hers I might add 😜) and not entirely sure I’d know how to coach someone else to a marathon…

Reactions: 6
What has Steph run time wise? This is Lucy’s first marathon, a newbie. But yes, she probably shouldn’t bang on about coaching / advising people when she’s not actually experienced it herself. I’ve run 6 marathons (all faster than hers I might add 😜) and not entirely sure I’d know how to coach someone else to a marathon…
Steph did London (also her first marathon) in about 3:11 I believe. Plus secured a spot to the Iron Man World champs on her first go.

Agreed that Lucy shouldn’t be coaching - she doesn’t have the experience nor has she even bothered to do any learning about the subject. Some of the stuff she puts out about running is nonsense.

Also, it’s funny to me that she was flogging MyProtein gels during her training cycle, but it was all Maurten in her flat lay 🤔

• Haha
I just went for a nosey on her Strava, she doesn't do hills does she. Also on the post for the marathon she said she got cramp. I know (or assume) it's flat where she lives but I've done less distance this year but an extra 10,000m of elevation compared to her. I know friends who ran it said they struggled with the heat at Chester yesterday though.

Reactions: 2
No, she didn’t do any hills for Chester. On her stories she said the course was surprisingly hilly…why do people not research the course that they’ve signed up to?

Also, she lives just outside Chester????!!! I’m so confused as to why she found it a surprise

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not from there but know Chester Mara to not be flat but some say it’s still a fast course despite that. Those of you who have run it might say otherwise though! It’s a like Wokingham half, and fleet half… not flat at all but weirdly fast

Reactions: 4
I’m not from there but know Chester Mara to not be flat but some say it’s still a fast course despite that. Those of you who have run it might say otherwise though! It’s a like Wokingham half, and fleet half… not flat at all but weirdly fast
Hills are relative🤣.

The hill at the end is a killer because it’s at the end but it’s not a hard hill really.

I’ve run hillier races and when I ran the one with the scariest elevation, my hill training was the best it ever was. Now I can barely walk up the hills I was running up in those months 🤣🤣🤣. I can eat more chocolate buttons though so swings and roundabouts.

Running in Lanzarote always makes me feel tit because of the hills and wind so it will be interesting to see how she copes out there.

Reactions: 3
I did look at the course elevation and I guess over a marathon you feel every hill but it's hardly "hilly" she should have done the Leeds marathon first to make anything feel flat :ROFLMAO: I mean that's a BQ time for her right? I'm guessing she's not going to go run up their hills either? Still some people tried telling me that Manchester marathon was "not flat" which just ridiculous to me, I can't get to the end of the road I live on without covering the entire elevation that's in 26.2 miles of Manchester marathon.

• Haha
  • Heart
The issue with Chester is more about the hill placement. You climb for the first mile which is a pain in the arse but then you have a glorious few miles of mainly downhill. Then mile 16 has a witch of a kick up and then a double hill in mile 25 when you're buggered! 😂 There are a lot of gentle long climbs as well which, when in a marathon can just take it out of you. Having said all that, she lives down the sodding road, she should have known exactly what was coming!! 🙃 to go off at the pace she did melts my brain! No idea what she was actually setting out to do but I'm fairly sure she wasn't hoping for a sub 3:05 🤯

I did look at the course elevation and I guess over a marathon you feel every hill but it's hardly "hilly" she should have done the Leeds marathon first to make anything feel flat :ROFLMAO: I mean that's a BQ time for her right? I'm guessing she's not going to go run up their hills either? Still some people tried telling me that Manchester marathon was "not flat" which just ridiculous to me, I can't get to the end of the road I live on without covering the entire elevation that's in 26.2 miles of Manchester marathon.

And that is exactly why I’ve been Manc as my first Mara 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She’s talking about recovering from a marathon and none of it is remotely useful. Basically get changed out your PJs, put your make up on, eat. And then maybe rest. But if you’re her go for a 10k run?! Wtf?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s talking about recovering from a marathon and none of it is remotely useful. Basically get changed out your PJs, put your make up on, eat. And then maybe rest. But if you’re her go for a 10k run?! Wtf?!
Such a stupid video 😂 I feel like she often just opens her mouth and rambles without thinking anything through

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So she ran a marathon on Sunday, it’s now Thursday and she’s already done a relatively speedy 10K, an 80 minute HIIT workout, and 65 minutes on the stair stepper 🥴

In crocs. My Achilles are screaming just thinking of it.
She says it’s because her toes are so screwed from the marathon she needs antibiotics 🤢 I’m pretty sure that shouldn’t be happening, but it seems like after every endurance event she does, her toes are just completed messed up. Surely that means she is wearing the wrong size shoes? Your toes should not be gushing blood after every long run or race

She says it’s because her toes are so screwed from the marathon she needs antibiotics 🤢 I’m pretty sure that shouldn’t be happening, but it seems like after every endurance event she does, her toes are just completed messed up. Surely that means she is wearing the wrong size shoes? Your toes should not be gushing blood after every long run or race
I've actually attempted to reach out to her and tell her for running shoes you sometimes need to size up 0.5 to 1 whole size. She knew better apparently.... your feet should NOT be in that state!

• Wow
That “luck” reel made me cringe. Copy of Becky Briggs too. I do think lucy should acknowledge being naturally a bit good at running. It’s not as if she started off with 9 min miles she was right in there at the 8 min mile mark and doing 10k plus in no time. I’m a fast endurance runner and admit that some of that is down to my make up. Some people will never run a sub 3 hour marathon no matter what they do, how they train, or the effort they put in. I can with the right training and a lot of hard work and part of that is just down to how I’m made.
---
So she ran a marathon on Sunday, it’s now Thursday and she’s already done a relatively speedy 10K, an 80 minute HIIT workout, and 65 minutes on the stair stepper 🥴
Give yourself a break love. Particularly if your feet are fucked

she's proud obviously of how she looks, but I found all her pics (heavily posed) disturbing.

Breath woman, just breath, we know you have abs

Reactions: 5