Lucy Davis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chester marathon is not an easy course. Hill at the start, mile 18 and mile 25 with long lonely straights. However there are about 3 miles from mile 2 that are downhill and people get carried away and burn out.... its not a forgiving course at all. Could be interesting. She has potential to do very well but needs to be realistic and carb load properly!!
I cried at an army volunteer person at 25. That was after a hissy fit at 18.

Yet I live in a hilly AF area and but I obviously forgot because I did it all again the following year.

Her training seems very flat.

Reactions: 3
She’s definitely also got the advantage of being a high level competitive athlete from a young age and the mental strength which comes with that… but marathons are hard whatever the course, so will be interesting to see how she copes with the challenging hills etc. And yes, I’ve not seen her talk much about fuelling and that really is key in particular for those last 6.2 miles

Reactions: 6
She’s definitely also got the advantage of being a high level competitive athlete from a young age and the mental strength which comes with that… but marathons are hard whatever the course, so will be interesting to see how she copes with the challenging hills etc. And yes, I’ve not seen her talk much about fuelling and that really is key in particular for those last 6.2 miles
She was very much in the camp of not fueling during her ultra training, but I think she finally realized she can’t keep going like that. She’s been flogging My Protein gels lately…can’t imagine they’re any good at all 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 1
She was very much in the camp of not fueling during her ultra training, but I think she finally realized she can’t keep going like that. She’s been flogging My Protein gels lately…can’t imagine they’re any good at all 🤢
Didn't even realise MyProtein did gels 🫠 I can't imagine they would sit well!!! Chester don't have the biggest amount of toilets on course!! 🫣😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Didn't even realise MyProtein did gels 🫠 I can't imagine they would sit well!!! Chester don't have the biggest amount of toilets on course!! 🫣😂
You’re making me reminisce- it was 10 years ago and my first marathon 🥹. Start of the long decline 😂.

I remember lots of guys using the hedges.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Had to look up the myprotein gels at that, they look pretty standard so will probably be fine if she's been practicing with them...they do a pre-workout one as well though which I expect would definitely make you tit your pants :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had to look up the myprotein gels at that, they look pretty standard so will probably be fine if she's been practicing with them...they do a pre-workout one as well though which I expect would definitely make you tit your pants :ROFLMAO:
I can only assume that the high elapsed time in her 30k was due to her taking gels 🙏😂 I do genuinely hope she does well but it will be interesting to see how her body holds up to "racing" a marathon compared to running an ultra. However, I also hope that if she does do well she doesn't see that as a green light to think she can preach about running (any more than she is now...)

Why is she training like she’s pregnant by strapping in some sort of fake belly??? And filming it like she knows what it’s like. This is just weird. And it’s so much more than just a bit more weight / bump. Tbh that was the least of my issues with training when pregnant.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Chester is a hilly marathon but compared to races in Leeds/Sheffield/Northumberland it’s nothing. She needs to get herself up to the proper north to see real hills.

She’ll struggle in Lanza with the wind, it’s a fucker.

In the middle of what I’d thought she’d do. Kind of relieved she didn’t run a championship time as she would have been super smug / annoying about that

Reactions: 4
Here you go ladies. In fairness it was bloody hot and chester has a tough second half, however she slowed by over 2 minutes per mile towards the end. God know what her goal was but I am currently putting her in the Wellogs category of pacing from now until she proves me wrong!!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Oooft that’s a hefty difference. I think my worst was 30 secs per mile slower toward the end of a Mara when I went out far too fast (for having a cold) and couldn’t hang on

Reactions: 1
In the middle of what I’d thought she’d do. Kind of relieved she didn’t run a championship time as she would have been super smug / annoying about that
Same. She hasn’t posted much so I assume she’s not as happy with her results either. Otherwise we will never hear the end of it from here

I wonder if she’s annoyed at Steph’s (Nuttyfoodiefitness) success in the marathon and Ironman, seeing as Lucy has made running such a big part of her brand now