Lucy Davis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind her gym content but the running aspect grates on me. I will never understand why she does all her runs in the Nike tempos, even easy runs! To me they are a faster day workout shoe. Where is the shoe rotation?! Then it also bothers me she wears gym shark tops to run in that really don’t look sweat wicking or breathable

Reactions: 5
I don’t mind her gym content but the running aspect grates on me. I will never understand why she does all her runs in the Nike tempos, even easy runs! To me they are a faster day workout shoe. Where is the shoe rotation?! Then it also bothers me she wears gym shark tops to run in that really don’t look sweat wicking or breathable
I liked her when she was just focused on gym content but can’t stand her now that she thinks she’s some amazing runner. She comes across as a massive hypocrite because she was always calling out unqualified PTs online, yet then thinks she is qualified to be a running coach? It’s frankly made me lose all respect for her.

And I agree about the Gymshark kit to run in 😂 she always says the Gymshark stuff is the best thing for running but it’s so disingenuous seeing as she’s sponsored. Plus anyone who’s ever worn the stuff she mentions would never dare to run a step in it! Some of those leggings are so thick you’d get heatstroke.

Reactions: 4
I’m the same. I use to like her content but since she started running I can’t stand her.

Also couldn’t stand all her wedding content on her page.

Reactions: 1
Another one who didn’t mind her before… now she really grates on me. Also this “stop commenting on our bodies” thing when she wears and takes photos of herself posing / flexing in tiny clothing and then expects people not to comment? Even to say that she looks incredible (which she does!)??? But she doesn’t complain about that, just when someone says she’s too muscly or something. Not sure you can have it all? I for one, think she looks fab and is clearly very strong. And whilst I don’t think anyone should say ‘your tits are too small’, she did start off training for aesthetics at some point so surely people will comment on your appearance as a result! She even used to do body / progress updates with videos following build / cuts…

Last edited:
  • Heart
One thing that’s been on my mind for a while is if she’s “natural” or not. I think I read somewhere a while ago of someone accusing her of taking PEDs and I think she even addressed it. But ever since then, I’ve always found myself questioning if she does or not. I’m not saying she isn’t very fit and healthy because I can see she is, but there’s always the question in my mind if she’s had a little “help”

Reactions: 3
One thing that’s been on my mind for a while is if she’s “natural” or not. I think I read somewhere a while ago of someone accusing her of taking PEDs and I think she even addressed it. But ever since then, I’ve always found myself questioning if she does or not. I’m not saying she isn’t very fit and healthy because I can see she is, but there’s always the question in my mind if she’s had a little “help”
I'm pretty sure she's natural. I think she's shown photos of herself before as a child and had abs then. Plus, you have to bear in mind she was an extremely high level competitive swimmer, almost making it on to Team GB, so has been exercising at an intense level since childhood. Much of it is also down to genetics, which I appreciate her being honest about. If she'd achieved her look in only a few years, then yes, she probably would have had some "help." But if you look at her fitness history, it's probably unlikely.

Not sure going for a long run when you were sick was a good idea / good example. Also she could have left it for at least a day (ie her job doesn’t dictate long runs at weekends like the majority). So she’s got her first marathon in two weeks… looks like she’s aiming for 7 min miling or thereabouts. Will be v interested to see how she does!

Not sure going for a long run when you were sick was a good idea / good example. Also she could have left it for at least a day (ie her job doesn’t dictate long runs at weekends like the majority). So she’s got her first marathon in two weeks… looks like she’s aiming for 7 min miling or thereabouts. Will be v interested to see how she does!
Definitely not! If you’re already feeling that sick, why would you bother? You’d think someone with her experience would know it’s counter productive.

Did you see her list of upcoming events over the next few months? It looks absolutely bonkers. Two marathons, an ultra, a trek to Everest base camp, and Hyrox. Why not pick a couple things and actually enjoy them?

Reactions: 2
Wow is Everest base camp between the two marathons?! Surely that is a pretty mega thing that will really take it out of you… (not that a marathon is something to be sniffed at either - I only do one a year as the process HARD and all consuming ). And she actually hasn’t done any hiking / mountain walks either so it seems like she’s going in to that without any specific training…

Wow is Everest base camp between the two marathons?! Surely that is a pretty mega thing that will really take it out of you… (not that a marathon is something to be sniffed at either - I only do one a year as the process HARD and all consuming ). And she actually hasn’t done any hiking / mountain walks either so it seems like she’s going in to that without any specific training…
I believe it is, although not 100%. I’m sure she’ll get through it all seeing how fit she is, but it’s quite possible she’s going to be drained physically and mentally by the end. Like you, I can also really only stand one endurance event per year, maybe two at a stretch, but she’s doing them all within at least 6 months or less. I foresee quite a few niggles and injuries in her future

This was the moment she lost all integrity for me. Do not dare try and make out that was your fastest ever 30k when your moving and elapsed times differ by 8 minutes. Good run, yes, but not what you're making it out to be!! She is a good runner but far from an expert in it at all and I am starting to really lose the will with these people who think that they know it all because they are able to run themselves....🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

This was the moment she lost all integrity for me. Do not dare try and make out that was your fastest ever 30k when your moving and elapsed times differ by 8 minutes. Good run, yes, but not what you're making it out to be!! She is a good runner but far from an expert in it at all and I am starting to really lose the will with these people who think that they know it all because they are able to run themselves....🙄🙄🙄
I don't get it, when I'm running and not bothering about the time, I stopped the watch if I have to wait for a green light, adjust my shoes, etc, if it's a time thing, I don't stop the watch at all, what's the point?

Reactions: 1
Probably too busy filming herself! 😂

I’m like Lucy in the sense that I am a PT but I’m also a runner and been running marathons for 6 years now (plus all the distances below down to 5k). I’m faster than her and more experienced, but when PT clients (new or current) ask for running help I’m very honest. I’m not a running coach, I have no qualifications in running coaching. I can give advice on types of training and runs you can do depending on your goals and how to put together a plan / tailor it to you but I don’t offer running coaching. Yes I’m skilled in coaching people in a fitness sense and the changing behaviour side of things, but not specifically in running. Where I can very confidently and am qualified to do is help on strength training and nutrition to support your running goals.

I also don’t wear carbon plates shoes for every frickin run, or horrid gym shark kit or constantly film myself

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That day looks cloudy AF so why was she wearing sunglasses?

🧐

• Haha
At least marathon day will tell the truth!

At least marathon day will tell the truth!
What do we reckon she will do? I’m guessing Somewhere between 3:15-3:25. Hard to tell as she never actually raced that distance or a half or anything
---
Her easy pace is pretty much the same as her MP, and tempo / threshold isn’t much quicker either so I’m pretty confused and it’s anyone’s guess!

What do we reckon she will do? I’m guessing Somewhere between 3:15-3:25. Hard to tell as she never actually raced that distance or a half or anything
---
Her easy pace is pretty much the same as her MP, and tempo / threshold isn’t much quicker either so I’m pretty confused and it’s anyone’s guess!
Hard to tell, although I reckon your range is probably right! Agreed that all her paces are the same — I think she posted a run with easy and MP segments and there was only about 20 seconds per KM difference? Yet another running “coach” who doesn’t know how to pace

Chester marathon is not an easy course. Hill at the start, mile 18 and mile 25 with long lonely straights. However there are about 3 miles from mile 2 that are downhill and people get carried away and burn out.... its not a forgiving course at all. Could be interesting. She has potential to do very well but needs to be realistic and carb load properly!!

• Heart