Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
I find her actually quite smug, and implying that other people don’t train hard and that’s why they can’t run like her.

I also think she went into that marathon thinking it was going to be a breeze, and then realised the marathon takes no prisoners and is so hard whatever your level.

Reactions: 11

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
Anyone else getting fed up with the “hybrid AF” obsession? You run and lift weights like it’s some sort of unique combo. It’s not. Loads do that that to keep fit, healthy and strong.

Reactions: 10

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
Probably too busy filming herself! 😂

I’m like Lucy in the sense that I am a PT but I’m also a runner and been running marathons for 6 years now (plus all the distances below down to 5k). I’m faster than her and more experienced, but when PT clients (new or current) ask for running help I’m very honest. I’m not a running coach, I have no qualifications in running coaching. I can give advice on types of training and runs you can do depending on your goals and how to put together a plan / tailor it to you but I don’t offer running coaching. Yes I’m skilled in coaching people in a fitness sense and the changing behaviour side of things, but not specifically in running. Where I can very confidently and am qualified to do is help on strength training and nutrition to support your running goals.

I also don’t wear carbon plates shoes for every frickin run, or horrid gym shark kit or constantly film myself

• Heart
Reactions: 9

runlondon21

Chatty Member
No, she didn’t do any hills for Chester. On her stories she said the course was surprisingly hilly…why do people not research the course that they’ve signed up to?

Also, she lives just outside Chester????!!! I’m so confused as to why she found it a surprise

• Haha
Reactions: 8

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
She’s talking about recovering from a marathon and none of it is remotely useful. Basically get changed out your PJs, put your make up on, eat. And then maybe rest. But if you’re her go for a 10k run?! Wtf?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

SimpleLifeinLondon

Chatty Member
Also why does he always post pics and videos of him with cigars? Interesting for a health and fitness person. I know we all have our vices… but smoking?!?!
I don’t follow him and just checked his instagram out. I really can’t stand the way him and Lucy dress. I don’t know what it is but it just gives me the ick.

Reactions: 7

runlondon21

Chatty Member
She’s talking about recovering from a marathon and none of it is remotely useful. Basically get changed out your PJs, put your make up on, eat. And then maybe rest. But if you’re her go for a 10k run?! Wtf?!
Such a stupid video 😂 I feel like she often just opens her mouth and rambles without thinking anything through

• Haha

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
I eek a little bit every time she talks about having kids like it's just a given but I've experienced fertility struggles and IVF so probably am generally more negative than average.

• Heart

Asgyui

VIP Member
I doubt she would do that. When she did her ultra she said she was in a bad place mentally as all the running made her lose much of her muscle mass, so I doubt she’d want to 100% focus on running
Did she say she was in a bad place mentally, because of the loss muscle mass? If her body image/exercise/diet issues are that bad, how would she ever cope with pregnancy and the changing body shape during that time period.

lou96x

she’s posted she came off the pill in august and only just got her period back during the speed project? i know it can take a bit of time for things to regulate post pill but to me it seems unhealthy that it’s taken so long for her cycle to come back.. i don’t think it’s a far reach to think she’s just admitted she overtrains/underfuels

Lemming312

VIP Member
Anyone else getting fed up with the “hybrid AF” obsession? You run and lift weights like it’s some sort of unique combo. It’s not. Loads do that that to keep fit, healthy and strong.
Yes, I've been running and weight lifting since before she was born 😂 it doesn't make you special, just fitter and stronger.

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
I had a pretty gammy toenail loss after my marathon (and I do size up shoes) it wasn't infected though, if she has an actual infection she needs to take a break not be irritating her feet any more :sick:

Yes she trains hard but yes most people don't start their running already able to hold 25 minute 5k pace at a not blowing up heart rate. She should acknowledge the massive aerobic capacity her background in swimming has given her combined with the whole some people just win the genetics lottery and can do it. I doubt very much I could ever get to being a 3 hour marathon runner.

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
She’s not well but still going out running 20k the week before London marathon. Why?! It’s not as if she needs it as plenty of training done. Sensible thing would be to rest and recover so your body can cope with a marathon next week. Idiot

• Wow

runlondon21

Chatty Member
What has Steph run time wise? This is Lucy’s first marathon, a newbie. But yes, she probably shouldn’t bang on about coaching / advising people when she’s not actually experienced it herself. I’ve run 6 marathons (all faster than hers I might add 😜) and not entirely sure I’d know how to coach someone else to a marathon…
Steph did London (also her first marathon) in about 3:11 I believe. Plus secured a spot to the Iron Man World champs on her first go.

Agreed that Lucy shouldn’t be coaching - she doesn’t have the experience nor has she even bothered to do any learning about the subject. Some of the stuff she puts out about running is nonsense.

Also, it’s funny to me that she was flogging MyProtein gels during her training cycle, but it was all Maurten in her flat lay 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Runningdietitian

She was very much in the camp of not fueling during her ultra training, but I think she finally realized she can’t keep going like that. She’s been flogging My Protein gels lately…can’t imagine they’re any good at all 🤢
Didn't even realise MyProtein did gels 🫠 I can't imagine they would sit well!!! Chester don't have the biggest amount of toilets on course!! 🫣😂

• Haha
  • Sick
I am in awe of her dedication but Lucy is starting to annoy me.. Her 'getting my booty back' messaging is super positive but Why did she have to put her current and previous weights in there? Was that really necessary girl. Think it was on her story

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
What has Steph run time wise? This is Lucy’s first marathon, a newbie. But yes, she probably shouldn’t bang on about coaching / advising people when she’s not actually experienced it herself. I’ve run 6 marathons (all faster than hers I might add 😜) and not entirely sure I’d know how to coach someone else to a marathon…

lou96x

I don’t know if on the podcast Ben is just trying to wind her up or if those are his actual opinions. Like she’s just got back from a trip she’s describing as life changing and he can’t even come up with bucket list places to visit and where she’s just been doesn’t even interest him. Feels like they’re in very different places
i like lucy but really struggle to listen to the pod because of his attitude! from the very get go of this episode he spoke in an argumentative way to both lucy and cal… they must both have a lot of patience to put up with him because i would be telling him to grow the fuck up if he spoke to me the way he speaks to lucy most of the time!

runlondon21

Chatty Member
It’s not as if these marathons need the promo boost either, is it?!
Agreed. I’d rather they use these free places to support people who might not otherwise have had a chance to run, or who make a positive impact in their community. Watching people like Lucy or those who make up those ridiculous Flora teams is just a major eye roll for me. They add absolutely nothing